Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and they emailed me back, requesting an interview on campus. The interviewer was very friendly, and he asked mostly questions about my experience level and previous projects. There were no technical questions, mostly general questions about what kind of software engineering I would prefer, what classes I have taken, and what non-class related projects I have done. Overall, the entire interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 20 years as a programmer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Came to university for a short interview. Questions were based off the resume and required the interviewee to go into detail.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview

On-campus interview. Just basic behavioral questions. More focused on thinking process.
    Details of academic projects completed. How would you solve certain question? How did you implement your project app and how can you improve it?

Anonymous Employee in University, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (University, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied to job through school provided job search web site. Interviewed on campus for 30 min. The interviewer mainly asked about what experience I have and how I handle problems associated with the team of engineers I work with on campus. The first question asked was how routers work, so know your networking systems.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect so many questions regarding problem mitigation with my team of engineers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Campus job fair. Screened resume and selected candidates with some experience related to computer networks- a project in your academics, skill set you mention network protocols, courses taken, etc. C experience would help.
    Scheduled follow up interview next day, it was a 30 min interview with basic questions about OSI layer, any networks project and C questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, the very basics of the above areas   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about my experiences, extra-curricular, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

Interview

At the Career Fair. Screening at their booth on the first day and then an interview the next day that lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a linked list (Iterative)?   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list with nodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - how would you generate the linked list 1, 5, 2, 4 then 3?   1 Answer
    • Given a memory location (or a reference), how would you determine whether it was located in the stack or the heap? Write a program to determine this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Why masters?
    Detailed explanation of all the projects I've done.
    Courses taken in Masters.
    Where are thread variables stored and process variables stored?
    Difference between stack and queue?
    Any implementation of stack?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview through my university. I was interviewed by two groups for about half an hour each. They asked me about my resume, coursework, and asked me a few technical questions. After about a week, I was asked for information to complete a background check, and I received the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a queue and a stack? Then, describe which one should be implemented with a singly linked list and which one should be implemented with doubly linked list.   1 Answer
    • What is polymorphism?   1 Answer
    • In Java, what is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boulder, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

2 Rounds, one with the manger and one with a Current Employee. Both the rounds were a mixture of technical and HR. L1-L4 networking protocols, focused on resume. Asked me about extra curricular activities and any charity I did.

Negotiation

NO negotiation