Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014
1,105 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I was contacted through my school's career fair, and set up a phone interview which was just a half hour or hour (can't remember) long coding question over collabedit (or something similar). At the time, I hadn't yet finished my senior year of college and had not yet taken a data structures and algorithms course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions.
    Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Overall process was very thorough and organized. After my resume was submitted by a current employee, I received an email about setting up phone interviews within a few days. Initially interviewed with the Recruiter and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that interview I was asked to speak with 3 potential team members and interview with them. Went to the next round of interviews which was a full day of face-to-face interviews in the NYC office. The face-to-face interviews were one hour each and consisted of meeting with 5 different people, very thorough and exhausting. The offer was extended after the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Tell us about a time you encountered conflict and how you managed it? Gave a potential customer situation and asked how you would handle it.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate a higher salary, but was told that the offer was a firm offer.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was very simple. Overall questions just about your self, i.e. strengths and weaknesses,leadership roles, as well as what you know about Cisco. They want to hear why you are specifically interested in Cisco. I had 1 interview, and after that interview it seemed like I was going to have an offer. I was then interviewed for 4 different teams and was picked by the highest manager.

It was an internship, so no negotation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

The hiring process, from the job applicant perspective, includes several steps. From the time you apply for a job until the time you accept a job offer, you will go through a series of steps as you progress through the hiring process from completing a job application to coming on board as a new employee.

Software Engineer Interview

got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Questions
    • String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack   Answer Question

EMEAR Associate Sales Representative (ASR) Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I interviewed through online application. The process took 4+ weeks.

The first interview was via mobile phone with a Poland recruiter, lasted for about 30 minutes and consisted of common behavioral and "wh" questions.

The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. I was eleminated at this stage.

If I could passed this one, I would have been invited to the third interview at the assessment center in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter wanted me to sell a phone to her and I was not expecting of this.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2014.

Phone interview first followed by legal issues I was contacted via linked-in and responded to an email which was followed by a request for resume and a phone interview with recruiter and then I spoke to another person and then I was neither denied nor offered a position but put on hold

FAE Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Asked about my contact from other companies and not much about my role at other companies.
    Questions were easy and to the point and no hard questions were asked.
    Felt like an entry level sales job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!