Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
1,317 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

i had to answer questions via video and was told it wouldn't take long. the general questions were already pre-mailed so I had some time to prepare the answers. however the questions were very general and guidelines were not given, so it was quite difficult to know what they wanted in the answer. there were only 2-3 questions to answer and a time limit for the video so it was too broad to answer the full question within the time range.

Software QA Role Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Started of with basic questions in Networks. Strength in Python was tested with different type of programs and debugging process. The interviewer was very helpful in teaching few concepts. Despite the interview not going well. A good start to know what exactly what the companies expectation.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions and related to current projects and previous work. Included questions about interests and skills. Waiting to here back about next steps in the process.

Product Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Recruiter contacted me and arranged phone interview. Standard interview questions. Concerned about direction to submit info for background check after phone screen without date set for 2nd interview.

Select Account Manager Interview

This was one of the most very disorganized interviews I have ever had. Multiple missed interviews by the regional manager, delayed responses on his end to setting up times to meet or changing the location. When he finally did agree to meet in person he was late in scheduling that too so I advised him we needed to sync up the next week and he never called back.

If the company is this tough to get an interview with I probably wouldn't have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • Typical sales questions - how do you go about generating leads etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Had to do two interviews with Cisco Systems. Both of them involved relatively the same process, but just with two different employees. Mainly this process focused on previous experiences and behavioral questions. They also asked questions regarding your knowledge of Cisco and what their future plans are.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be respected or liked?   View Answer

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Recruiter contacted me.recruiter was asking me to not to demand more than so and so pay and the interviewer set up lady , messed up my interview and called me to get ready for interview next day, she kept calling me till late in night for interview next day , I told her to give me few days to prepare ...but she said no we have to decide by Wednesday , your interview must happen tomorrow (tuesday)... so it happened

Interview Questions
    • They asked some memory related questions   Answer Question
    • 3 interviewers interviewing you at one time on webex ...not good experience ...interviewers did not pay attention to the prior experience, my previous cisco tac experience ...i thought they did not do justice with me ..   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I applied online and was contacted, requesting a phone screen. This was just basic behavioral questions. I then had a webex, this is the video conferencing software they use, interview where technical questions were asked. After this, they sent me a case, where I had to solve a customer's problem and prepare a paper and powerpoint slide with the resolution. A Manager interview and technical interview concluded the interviewing process.

Hardware Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I met with a recruiter at a campus career fair and then applied for an interview through the campus job board. Got the interview. It was very laid back and the interviewer asked very basic questions and then talked about the company environment.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic circuit questions. They made sure only to ask questions that I would have known the answer to based on the classes I have taken. So no surprises. Try to know your bode plots   Answer Question
    No negotiation