Cisco Systems

1,063 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Question – String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack...   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Technical Sales

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – There was an initial screening interview discussing basic career questions and asking about future plans and why Cisco, etc. The second round interview was with the manager and it was over the phone and very informal. Half the questions were behavioral and half of them were technical.

Interview Question – Tell me everything you know about networking.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview with two interviewers. They asked about my past research projects that are related to their current projects, which I showed in the CV. They also asked about implementation issues and what kind of implementation experience I had.

Interview Question – Typical research issues and impementation issues. No very detailed questions were asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Interview Question – Everything went pretty smooth.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Question – Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions and no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxing. The interviewer was clearly having a sleepy day and was dozing off most of the time. I am sorry that he still had to spend 30 minutes interviewing me. I felt no pressure and had a comfortable conversation with him.

Interview Question – He asked me how I dealt with conflict with/between my teammates.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Question – Just basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

Very Difficult Interview

VPAM Interview

VPAM
Research Triangle Park, NC

Interview Details – This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Technical Leader I Interview

Technical Leader I
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Question – A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!