Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,198 Interview Reviews

Service Delivery Escalation Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Very detailed interview process. Five phone interviews the last with the hiring manager. Each asked questions which required detailed descriptions of how I would handle a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current employer since you have been there 20 years.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interviewed with couple of teams on different jobs.
    1. On one team people looked good and I liked it. But the viability of the group seemed shaky. Spent time and energy at the interview process including giving a presentation over a conference call. The Hiring manger commented that I did a great job and would respond back soon because of some travel plans. I did not hear anything back when I contacted the recruiting team. Found that the hiring manager had moved to another company in a couple of months.

2. Had a phone interview with another team. The interviewer seemed not to care much about the product or technology and did not seem to know much anyway. But started with the question, "how do you know the hiring manager?". I said I do not know the HM personally (there goes my chance!). Then followed "oh, I have been working for him for x years at companies A and B". Despite my good answers, I realized what it takes to work here is not good talent.

Financial Analyst Interview

1 Behavioral interview over webex that was very casual with someone in the finance department. No technical questions except for general stock price, etc... , The next round is 2 back to back behavioral/technical interviews over webex with hiring managers that are also very casual questions about your resume and then some easy financial technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem in a group..   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I spoke with Cisco recruiter at my university's career fair and really hit it off with her. We spoke in-depth about my resume for a good 20 minutes and about 3 weeks later, I got an e-mail about a screening interview. The screening interview was quick and painless, asking basic questions about work eligibility and a few behavioral questions. After that came a behavioral interview with one of the IT managers at Cisco, and it was a very laid back conversational interview. Received an offer about 4 days after the second interview, and the entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about figuring out the number of cars in the US?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was referred by a friend, who loves it here. I was contacted by HR person who set up a 30 minute informational phone interview. She was informative and also gave me a sense of what the next steps were. Next I had a 40 minute phone interview with a Director. That went well so was invited in for a 2 hour interview with 4 people who each covered a specific topic for 30 minutes each (Channel, sales process, networking, and training.

CSE Interview

4 rounds of interviews, behavioral, technical interviews with potential team members, managers, technical leads, and recruiters. Interviewers are busy people and it takes time to schedule interviews. Do not expect a replay unless it is urgent or important. Just be prepared and hope for the best since everyone has different opinion.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Saw job listings in newspaper. Registered online for a job. Got the call and met with the hiring manager first. Then I was called back for interviews with engineering management. I received the standard offer letter which I was required to sign.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was what I would consider as standard. We went back and forth one time on details like additional vacation and stock options. Start date seemed like it was important to them. I wanted to wait, but they wanted me to join by a certain date for insurance purposes. No discussions about telework happened until I found out there were others doing it.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

It's a very slow process. First you apply then wait a month for someone to get back despite your contact attempts every other day.

In my case I was interviewed and told I did exceptionally well and that I would be meeting with a manager shortly. The next communication I received was the "we regret to inform you" letter. I called the hiring manager to inquire why and that's when I found out that I was lied to. I was interviewed for a position that wasn't available even though I was informed several times during the interview process that it was.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Know basic networking knowledge   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

First stage of an interview was a phone screening. I was contacted via email to set a telephone interview. Since this position was outside USA, I was contacted by some recruiting agency located in UK. Immediately, there was a little problem. Person who was responsible to set up phone call did not considered the time difference or probably was not paying attention on my address. It was easily fixed, but for me left a not professional impression. When you're dealing with such a great and large company as Cisco, you simply not expecting this. Forgot to mention that person was 15 minutes late to start conference call.
    Phone interview was very typical. Person confirmed all job requirements and if I can meet them. After that, I was asked several technical questions. Here is the list:
    1. Explain cloud technology
    2. Explain principal of cell phone operation
    3. Explain computer networking.
    I think for me most unexpected questions were to explain cloud technology and cell phone operation. I have a 2 years experience in completely different field and I was expecting a questions about my skills, experience, current job and reasons to change a career and relocate to another country. Surprisingly, none of those question were asked.
    I had a many interviews in past, but this one felt very long. The reason for this is my interviewer was taking a notes as usual, but it was very very slow. After my answers there was a couple minutes pause. It seems a bit odd to me since I never experienced that. Usually it's on going conversation between two people.
    Another thing that I didn't like. Since I was not interviewed by Cisco HR person, I was not able to get an answers for the question I had. Position was not very descriptive and my interviewer had no idea about the hiring process, overall position expectations, relocation expenses, benefits and etc.
    A week after this interview I received an email with instructions for next step in the interview process. I was asked to submit a two minutes video response for topic provided. It was a very technical question that was beyond my knowledge. It was such a great experience for me. You only have 2 minutes to provide an answer and you have to be very specific, detailed and clear. Also, I am not that type of person who can easy speak on camera.
    Overall, I was very satisfied with the second stage of the interview.
    The final, third stage of the process, was an interview on site at Cisco Assessment Center. There were four stages of the interview:
    - 15 minutes technical assessment.
    - 30 minute individual interview with the assessors consisting of managers from the Field Sales Organization
    - a 20 minute role play conducted with my assessors
    - 10 minutes presentation to my assessors on specified topic. In this case, no laptop was allowed. I was allowed to give a handouts and use a blackboard.
    All information and actions required were given in advance. I had 10 days to prepare for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain principal of cell phone operation
      Explain cloud technology

Answer Question

Virtual Partner Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The hiring process was initially facilitated through the vendor. When the phone interview was scheduled, the manager called me for a quick rundown of the project, what help the team was looking for, and allowed me to briefly talk about my background. The manager made it a relatively quick phone call, so I was concerned they would want to continue interviewing others. However, I had passed the initial screening and was set up to have phone interviews with two other directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sensitive to criticism? Manager informed me there would be nit-picky feedback on reports or presentations and wanted to make sure I would not take personal offense.   Answer Question

Was more excited about the integration project