Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015
1,353 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Hard interview, asked in depth questions about operating system internals and obscure data structures. Disconnect between what was posted on the listing and what the actual interview questions covered. Other than the questions the interviewers were nice and courteous. If I had expected questions on object oriented programming I would have done better.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First one with hiring manager, second with technical manager. They were both phone interviews. The first went well, but the second was terrible. I was told that it would take about half an hour and it ended up being over two. I felt like I was just being read a list of words to see if I could define. Kept being asked oop questions even though I kept mentioning my strength was in functional programming. I felt sort of mocked at the end, like no matter what I said it would be incorrect

Interview Questions

• Awful, 1hour+ of questions ranging from ood principles to Linux to c++/c to networks to Python. Also got asked what books I read to "keep current"   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Email contacted me after application. Then one on one, behavioral and technical questions, about 75% technical questions, linked lists, internet protocols, bit manipulation, Unix, courses taken, personal projects, SQL/database experience, why this job, my skill set.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview took place through a video chat over Cisco's webEx software. It was quite brief as the interviewer only had 15 minutes, so she delved right into details about my skills. For the software engineer intern, the interviewer asked about programming, networking experience, and web design such as html. Almost no discussion of personality or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect out of this internship?   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview is on phone for entry level software developer position, they require knowledge in C,python. So i was scheduled for phone screening and was the told most questions would be asked on understanding algorithms,data structures.

Supply Chain/Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was held after my resume was reviewed and selected at my college career fair. Within a week a received a telephone call asking me to schedule a second interview. This one was held via their internet video protocol. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked general questions about my college experience in this field and my career goals. I was also given a workplace scenario and asked how I would solve a supply chain issue.

Interview Questions

• I asked if there organization was more driven by individual work and achievements, or by group collaboration and success.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with two different people one after another.
    Talked about their work and asked a little bit about me.
    Then handed me a laptop to find as many bugs as possible.
    Overall a straightforward and relatively easy interview.