Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,112 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I was contacted through my school's career fair, and set up a phone interview which was just a half hour or hour (can't remember) long coding question over collabedit (or something similar). At the time, I hadn't yet finished my senior year of college and had not yet taken a data structures and algorithms course.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was very simple. Overall questions just about your self, i.e. strengths and weaknesses,leadership roles, as well as what you know about Cisco. They want to hear why you are specifically interested in Cisco. I had 1 interview, and after that interview it seemed like I was going to have an offer. I was then interviewed for 4 different teams and was picked by the highest manager.

It was an internship, so no negotation

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions.
    Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was asked a technical question on Machine Learning during the recruiting at a Career Fair straight away while reviewing my Resume. The question was on the possibility of separating houses for a Realtor into various clusters. I answered the question by proposing a Decision Tree (ID3 Algorithm) or a Linear Separator, depending on the number of features that the test data had.
    I then was offered a phone interview, where I was a standard question regarding Data Structures and Algorithms. (Can't spit out the details, sorry).

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding the Data Structures was difficult because at best I could get a run-time of O(kn), or O(nlog(n)), but that wasn't close enough to O(n), which is what they wanted.   Answer Question

EMEAR Associate Sales Representative (ASR) Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I interviewed through online application. The process took 4+ weeks.

The first interview was via mobile phone with a Poland recruiter, lasted for about 30 minutes and consisted of common behavioral and "wh" questions.

The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. I was eleminated at this stage.

If I could passed this one, I would have been invited to the third interview at the assessment center in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter wanted me to sell a phone to her and I was not expecting of this.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Questions
    • String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack   Answer Question

FAE Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Asked about my contact from other companies and not much about my role at other companies.
    Questions were easy and to the point and no hard questions were asked.
    Felt like an entry level sales job.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Came in through the 2007 choice program. Met a recruiter at university, had a 1:1 interview, then was scheduled to come on-site to interview with 3 engineers. The questions were very easy probably because they wanted to get younger people into the company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Oversee development and maintenance of computer systems.
    Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
    Set up organization's intranets.
    Design and implement system security and data assurance.
    Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
    Design and develop software.
    Test software applications and systems.
    Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
    Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
    Analyze users' needs.
    Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
    Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
    Convert instructions into computer languages.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!