Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,361 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

WORST interview experience ever.
    It started with a referral for application level position. Got an email requesting time for phone interview. After, deciding that got call from the same engineer that they have to fill the requistion so you will have to come onsite this week. So I rescheduled other interviews and went for the interview. When I reached the building my point of contact was not reachable. I waited in the lobby for 15 minutes and a gentleman from completely different team came and said I will interview you for my team. So from application team to a low level embedded team, what a jump. One of the interview asked me what is the balanced tree. I started explaining about the height and how difference in the height gets to the balanced tree. I was shocked to learn that interviewer's definition of balanced tree was a binary search tree. After explaining the interviewer and interviewer searching on the web for 5 minutes said there are these two definitions of the balanced tree and let's move on. One interviewer was very rigid about the hash chaining implementation. They wanted specific answers to specific questions rather than the thought process. The whole process was wierd.

Interview Questions

• Question whether the binary tree is balanced?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Hard interview, asked in depth questions about operating system internals and obscure data structures. Disconnect between what was posted on the listing and what the actual interview questions covered. Other than the questions the interviewers were nice and courteous. If I had expected questions on object oriented programming I would have done better.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Email contacted me after application. Then one on one, behavioral and technical questions, about 75% technical questions, linked lists, internet protocols, bit manipulation, Unix, courses taken, personal projects, SQL/database experience, why this job, my skill set.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First one with hiring manager, second with technical manager. They were both phone interviews. The first went well, but the second was terrible. I was told that it would take about half an hour and it ended up being over two. I felt like I was just being read a list of words to see if I could define. Kept being asked oop questions even though I kept mentioning my strength was in functional programming. I felt sort of mocked at the end, like no matter what I said it would be incorrect

Interview Questions

• Awful, 1hour+ of questions ranging from ood principles to Linux to c++/c to networks to Python. Also got asked what books I read to "keep current"   Answer Question

Supply Chain/Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was held after my resume was reviewed and selected at my college career fair. Within a week a received a telephone call asking me to schedule a second interview. This one was held via their internet video protocol. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked general questions about my college experience in this field and my career goals. I was also given a workplace scenario and asked how I would solve a supply chain issue.

Interview Questions

• I asked if there organization was more driven by individual work and achievements, or by group collaboration and success.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Americas Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. It was hosted on WebEx and lasted about 30 minutes. It was set up as a video conference. There were no curveballs in questions and the person interviewing me was the person I'd be working for. Prepare yourself on the company and be prepared with any questions you might have about the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cisco?   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview is on phone for entry level software developer position, they require knowledge in C,python. So i was scheduled for phone screening and was the told most questions would be asked on understanding algorithms,data structures.