Cisco Systems

1,056 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Question – Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions and no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxing. The interviewer was clearly having a sleepy day and was dozing off most of the time. I am sorry that he still had to spend 30 minutes interviewing me. I felt no pressure and had a comfortable conversation with him.

Interview Question – He asked me how I dealt with conflict with/between my teammates.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Question – Just basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

Very Difficult Interview

VPAM Interview

VPAM
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Technical Leader I Interview

Technical Leader I
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Question – A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – Three separate interviews with engineers, manager, and directors. Each session spend about 30 minutes. Engineers will ask some technical questions. Manager and Directors will ask some experience and personality questions.

Interview Question – Name 10 design criteria that you used in the hardware developments   Answer Question

NPI Program Manager Interview

NPI Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Ask them to describe the role, job description and ideal candidate. Interviewing process can take a few weeks or months. You may meet with peers, internal customers and hiring manager.

Interview Question – What differentiates you in your current role? What are some of you greatest accomplishments & why does it matter? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter would not negotiate on salary

Manager IT Interview

Manager IT
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Difficult due to follow through. The recruiters were not on their game and there were many gaps of communication. Once I reached the hiring manager, it was much easier. The entire process could be best handled with a better internal process for hiring managers.

Interview Question – Define a business problem where you felt that you contributed to the success but were measured as a failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and drawn out.

IT Services Development Interview

IT Services Development
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process started with a request to walk the interviewer through a detailed analysis of routing from the perspective of a CCNA certification test (they didn't say that, but that is what it was). If you plan to interview, I'd recommend starting there.

Interview Question – I believe there were questions on their load balancing equipment.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems interview questions and advice. All 1,056 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.