Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,435 Interview Reviews

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds, presentation, pricing, market research, finance, etc were covered as a part of the interview process. The time it took was fast, everything was closed within 3 weeks from the beginning till the end.

Interview Questions

• Present a market research project, talk about your experience, resume based question   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Knowing That I was a 3rd year undergrad, both interviewers spent 15min describing their life accomplishments. Then after some brief technical discussions I was asked to implement dijkstra on the board. Even though I did my best to attempt it, no hints were given, I was left alone multiple times, and then I was escorted out the building.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a 30 minute talk.
    Went on to have a phone interview which was a technical programming interview. Some basic computational problem.
    Went onsite and had 4 hours of interviews including architectural design and programming.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe how computers work at a high and low level, as well as design a REST API for a complete system   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

It was a Standard interview process. After I applied online, a recruiter followed up and scheduled a phone interview. Thw next step was a half day in person interview.

Field Sales Administrator Interview

Interview

I had several in-person interviews and a couple of phone interviews. It was some time back, but even though Cisco interviewed me directly, I had to go through a temp agency at first. The temp agency didn't do anything except run a background check. I had to fill out timecards and the agency would pay me. Eventually, I was rolled over and hired on as an FTE.

HALT TEST ENGINEERING Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process involved phone screening by the hiring manager and and two or more technical experts. After conducting the phone interview, a decision is made whether to bring in the candidate for a face to interview. The secretary schedule the interview via the staffing agency.
    About four to five interviews are scheduled to talk to the candidate.

Each interviewer ask the candidate questions of varying degree of difficulty to test the candidate knowledge of the subject matter; psychological behavioral testing to see if the candidate will adapt to the company method of operations.

At the end the interviews compare notes and make a recommendation to the hiring manager.
    The candidate some times is brought back to finalize the interview with a job offer and tentative start date.

Interview Questions

• Methods Used to Qualify Printed Wiring Circuit Board, Material Property of PWB,
      What is HALT, Differentiate HALT from HASS

1 Answer

International(CIIP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

One on campus screen that was primarily a behavioral interview with a bit of problem solving, nothing difficult at all. Followed by a technical remote interview over Cisco Webex. This was conducted by two people and involved several knowledge based questions related to networking, Unix and object oriented programming. There was one algorithms question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as all interns were payed the same amount.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The response to my resume was fast and I was able to quickly set up a web interview after my first contact. I made it to the final round which was a 30 minute interview with the manage and an hour long interview with two technical leads.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Well rounded, and helpful. 4 step process from 2 phone call interviews to 2 on site interview. Meet with multiple team members and future supervisor. Recruiting company was helpful getting all paperwork handled. Hiring process was little long but worth the wait. Team was very helpful getting me up to speed and making me feel at home.

Senior Director - Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

One of the best interview processes I have gone through. Hiring manager twice, other senior executives across the company (total of 5) once - all of the interviews were in-depth on both my background, and the potential value-add I could bring to Cisco. Even though I was not chosen, I advanced through the process to the end and came away with a number of senior level connections at Cisco that will continue beyond the interview cycle. Overall, a phenomenal process - compliments to Cisco on their structure and adhering to a quality framework for selecting senior candidates.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience and skill sets, how would you add true, measurable value to Cisco in the position?   Answer Question