Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
1,534 Interview Reviews

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was on time and asked basic questions. Then set up technical interviews over the phone. The phone interviews, approximately 8, were part technical, part behavioral. All of them were 1:1. One on-site with a high level manager.

Customer Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a very streamlined 3 part interview process. The first step was an short phone interview. Two days later was the two part in person interview. The first of the two interview was with one person present and one via video conference from the main campus. There was a small break between the two interviews and then the second interview was a three person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview the last question was "Tell me how to tie my shoes."   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

initial phone screening by the implementation partner (Tech M), after that the scheduled for a webex interview, its a Code challenge. it was easy and questions are mostly from Core java. this doesnt help you much if you are appling for a fulltime position

Interview Questions

• interview questions completely Depends on the requirement and i applied for the contract position so these questions doesnt help you much   Answer Question

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

very smooth. basic networking questions. technical and HR interview. a weeks preparation should be enough. interview was in banglore. should be thorough in whatever is mentioned in resume. package was very good for freshers.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Redmond, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process is pretty typical of a large corporation. Interviewed as an Architect consultant so questions were beyond technical and into operational and business. For a consulting position at Cisco it is just as much about demeanor then it is about technical acumen,

Interview Questions

• Questions beyond technical were primarily focused on customer satisfaction and communication skills.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2015.

Interview

I really liked the practical approach of the interview. There were no silly questions, such as "describe in detail the innards of a particular protocol". I was asked to design and whiteboard several types of networks, a VPN WAN, a large distributed enterprise, and a data center. Given that it's what I do, and what I interviewed for, this went fine.

Interview Questions

• one of the tasks was to design a redundant data center with ECMP.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was thorough and straight to the point. The interviewer wanted to know about my experience in the technology field and my approach to customer management. We spoke about the division I was interviewing for and how that might apply to my skill set.

Hardware Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Brecksville, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a formal interview with the hiring manager and members of his team. It started out with a one on one style. The manager was not fully aware of my background. The team interviewed me, but they did not no which position they were interviewing for. They were fairly casual about the process. Afterwards, they took me on a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to learn technology and processes that you are not experienced with? Can you adapt to the demands of the job? Can you work independently with little to no instructions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

After the online test, I got a call from an HR manager, who asked me about my life like hobbies and so on. After that, I went to Lisbon to have two video interviews (about tech stuff) with people from London and after that I was asked to go to London and spent a whole day in a room with different people from different areas coming in and interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would improve this specific device   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first round was a usual interview telling about yourself the basic information and project experience and the second round is more formal and have two interviewees together and last for about 1 hour and a half. After that just the usual any question for them part and finished.

Interview Questions

• They asked question about algorithms and data structure but all very easy and basic ones. Then follows related with the software engineering, and design pattern, they also include some question about the networking. But the most importantly was the question focused on your CV and project experience, how do you solve those problems and why do you choose this.   Answer Question