Cisco Systems

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process took about two weeks. There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview. The second round was with four people but the questions were very basic related to programming. Not much to do on whiteboad

Interview Question – create a binary tree   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – the interview is very short and precise with many detail technical question and personal career goal. there will be roughly 5 to 6 interviewers, each interviewer will have around 1 hour to 45 minutes with you.

Interview Question – the interview questions are all well expected and they is no such surprise.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – I was hired more than 10 years ago so I don't remember what exactly it was anymore. It was something like being interviewed by at least 5 engineers and then managers. Questions mostly on C and C++.

Interview Question – C++ inheritance   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Easiest Interview I ever did. No technical questions were asked. The interviewer seemed bored and completely unprepared. Did not put in any energy prior to the interview preparing for it,

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Question – String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack...   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Technical Sales

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – There was an initial screening interview discussing basic career questions and asking about future plans and why Cisco, etc. The second round interview was with the manager and it was over the phone and very informal. Half the questions were behavioral and half of them were technical.

Interview Question – Tell me everything you know about networking.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview with two interviewers. They asked about my past research projects that are related to their current projects, which I showed in the CV. They also asked about implementation issues and what kind of implementation experience I had.

Interview Question – Typical research issues and impementation issues. No very detailed questions were asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Interview Question – Everything went pretty smooth.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Question – Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions and no unexpected questions.   Answer Question