Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – I got called in for an in-person interview with three different managers. The first person I talked to was actually through the phone, so it could be considered a phone interview. Each interview was on-site.

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – They scheduled an in person interview at their San Jose office after very quick phone interview. At the interview, they described the job and went through my resume. They did not ask any technical questions because they expect entry level employees to learn on the job. There weren't any hard behavioral questions either. It seems like what mattered was whether the team likes you and would want to work with you.

Interview Question – What kind of people do you not like working with?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Intern Interview

IT Analyst Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via my University's career fair. They got back to me in about a week and scheduled an interview a week after that. Interview was a casul conversation. They ask you what you want to get out of working at Cisco, the challenges you've overcome in past job experiences, and where you see youself in the near future.

Interview Question – Articulating my past job experiences because I didn't have any difficult jobs in the past.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Associate Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Question – If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – there are about four rounds of interviews: 3 round of technical interviews and 1 round of English interview by the HR. this is the Campus recruitment process, no idea about the process of social recruitment.

Interview Question – All is basic questions, but has some emphasis on C and network   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview went detailed into the resume.Was asked questions starting from the different projects done during the job and while in college.Asked details on the Java programming done on the previous job.There were 2 people from the team conducting the interview.Hiring takes place depending on the requirement.May hire and train later if there is demand and the candidate has short commings

Interview Question – What are the different errors faced during debugging code?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – It was a very simple process. I met and talked with 7 people in 2 divisions and covered everything from previous experience to university studies, etc. The interviewer called me back within 2 hours of leaving the building and let me know I had an offer. That was several years ago, though, and the company was behaving more like a startup than a big company. Nowadays, the interview process is much slower and it takes much longer to extend offers, etc.

Interview Question – No hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – i was asked general questions. few rounds were behavioral too.
it was 2 rounds in all. i was asked about network architecture patterns. why do u think the data layer and all

Interview Question – walk me through architecture   Answer Question

Vice President of Development Interview

Vice President of Development

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Interesting process. They contacted me and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They stopped calling.

Interview Question – Why do I want the job?   View Answer

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!