Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,107 Interview Reviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   View Answer
    Not a lot of room for negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview was very relaxing. The interviewer was clearly having a sleepy day and was dozing off most of the time. I am sorry that he still had to spend 30 minutes interviewing me. I felt no pressure and had a comfortable conversation with him.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me how I dealt with conflict with/between my teammates.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2013.

Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

VPAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
    Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
    Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
    As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
    All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Questions

Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Technical Leader I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Questions
    • A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question
    None

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Three separate interviews with engineers, manager, and directors. Each session spend about 30 minutes. Engineers will ask some technical questions. Manager and Directors will ask some experience and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name 10 design criteria that you used in the hardware developments   Answer Question

NPI Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Ask them to describe the role, job description and ideal candidate. Interviewing process can take a few weeks or months. You may meet with peers, internal customers and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you in your current role? What are some of you greatest accomplishments & why does it matter? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    Recruiter would not negotiate on salary

Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Difficult due to follow through. The recruiters were not on their game and there were many gaps of communication. Once I reached the hiring manager, it was much easier. The entire process could be best handled with a better internal process for hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Define a business problem where you felt that you contributed to the success but were measured as a failure?   Answer Question
    Long and drawn out.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

2 rounds phone interview. On site has 2 rounds. Each interview is half an hour. Questions from big kettle endian to driving programming and troubleshooting. Not very tricky and no brain tricks. Director will interview engineers as last round. Usually take 2-3 days to have response.

Added 20 percent sign on bonus