Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014
1,194 Interview Reviews

Sales Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Your best option is to be referred by a current employee, especially one that personally knows the hiring manager. That is what helped me get the initial interview with the recruiter. Interview process took nearly two months. Please be prepared for a long process. I had 7 face-to-face interviews in one day.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a difficult question but the interview process was lengthy. I had 7 face-to-face interviews in one day.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to counter-offer. Be assertive and reiterate the value you bring to the table.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Pretty smooth. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and team member. Then onsite with members of team. Very pleasant attitude. More a discussion of past projects and current technologies. Recruiter was pretty prompt and easy to communicate with. Had a chance to speak with the director as well before accepting offer. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly about past experience and project details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

had 10 hours of interview 5 hours each. questions were not difficult everything in the areas of data structures, OS fundamentals and c programming. Interviewed for development engineer and the its a 1:1 type interview where each interviewer spends 1 hr with me. They started asking C-programming questions the 2nd minute itself. all the interviewers are really nice and friendly, except one person who acted very weird, showing attitude as if Cisco is standing just because of him, working on his laptop, replying emails, saying "shoot..", come on.. etc etc . I did not had a mood to answer him.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager sitting next to me and asking me to write a c program on his laptop, which I did not expect.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Very receptive team came to a standard campus recruiting event. They did an excellent job quickly and effectively screening candidates while still connecting and doing more than collecting resumes. That's about where the process went down hill. It seemed like the interviewer had little interest in being there and did not have an understanding of my background despite having my resume/CV. He asked the standard questions and presented the technical questions, but that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • Primarily technical interview, nothing too far out of left field, but definitely geared towards upperclassmen students. Review some basics circuits.   Answer Question

Experienced Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

The sectary scheduled 5 one hour interview for me, and the interview was with different tech lead, each tech asked different question and test your skill in different perspective, and they try to find the most matched skill they are looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

It's SourceFire in Baltimore. There is a phone interview and code assignment before onsite. All about C question like tell output, find bug. This company is doing network security so must prepare C coding and network question

Interview Questions
    • what will happen when use strtoken in multithreading environment   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Applied on-line at university careers website. Was then offered an on-campus interview. Interview consisted entirely of behavioral questions and was conducted by an electrical engineer. Questions about past projects at previous internships were also asked. Recruiter extended an offer 2 weeks later by phone. There wasn't even an on-site interview. The process was much easier and straightforward compared with other software companies.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult question... Very standard behavioral questions in an interview. Just make sure you're very descriptive in providing responses.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer that was better in terms of compensation package, location, and more closely aligned with my career interests/development.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I was contacted through my school's career fair, and set up a phone interview which was just a half hour or hour (can't remember) long coding question over collabedit (or something similar). At the time, I hadn't yet finished my senior year of college and had not yet taken a data structures and algorithms course.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was very simple. Overall questions just about your self, i.e. strengths and weaknesses,leadership roles, as well as what you know about Cisco. They want to hear why you are specifically interested in Cisco. I had 1 interview, and after that interview it seemed like I was going to have an offer. I was then interviewed for 4 different teams and was picked by the highest manager.

It was an internship, so no negotation