Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,435 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Rigorous process with several engineers & managers. Several technical & managerial questions were asked. Technical questions dealt with both wired & wireless networking and also mesh network technology.

Interview was conducted over a period of several days with both teams from the wired and wireless networking divisions and also involved an in depth discussion with the Test Director.

Interview Questions

• Wireless Protocols- Security, Power Save etc   1 Answer

UI Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

There were four rounds.
    1. Asked to write code for simple login form with name, age, email, website, etc fields. Mock up was given. Asked to write JS code to validate form fields on submit.
    2. With UI Architect, general design questions and hands-on js
    3. With Manager, general questions about daily work
    4. With Senior developer, questions on MVC

Interview Questions

• write a javascript prototype for a class to alculate total number of items in a function which has nested arrays.   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Initial screening, phone interviews and face to face interview by a panel of 3-4 full time employees and managers. Selection process is pretty good. Only a small percentage of candidates get selected for face to face interviews. Be prepared.

Suply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I wasn't asked almost any question. The interviewer asked me to talk about my resume and asked if I had questions for him about the position or the company. The interview lasted around twenty minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a Cisco representative at a career fair, and then was asked to have an in-person interview soon after. It went by quickly, and I had my interview shortly after. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions, the recruiter went through my resume and was very nice about the process. Nothing technical, just make sure you know your qualifications well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?
      What is a time when you had to work in a team?

Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Their interview process is long and requires. Lot of work. The company recruiters I worked with were nice but very disorganised. The position I applied for was listed for the San Jose location. When a recruiter called, they told me there were no positions available there, so I said I wasn't interested in relocating. I got a call the next day saying they did have openings in San Jose, so I agreed to go through the interview process. This involved:

-a phone call from a recruiter
    -a first-round phone interview with a manager
    -preparing a one-page technical document and one non-technical slide to respond to a scenario they gave me.
    -one half-hour "non-technical" manager interview
    -one hour technical interview with two technical managers
    Interviews were both conducted via Webex.

The scenario they gave me required a lot of research on my part. The interviews went really well, they all seemed confident I would get the job. The interviewers did not ask about the scenario I had been given or the documents I had prepared, those were uploaded to my candidate profile.

The interviewers encouraged me to start learning everything I could to obtain my CCNA certification, because they were sure I would get the position and your first few weeks at Cisco are like "trying to drink from a firehouse" because of all the new information.

The interview process took about a month because they had to keep rescheduling interviews due to the managers' busy schedule.

After my interviews, the manager asked me to select my location preference from a list. San Jose was not on that list. I responded to the email by saying "I was told San Jose was an option, is that still available?" To which he responded "yes just confirming San Jose is still your preference." That was strange.

I was then told I would hear back within a few weeks. After about five weeks I tried getting a hold of my recruiter and didn't hear back for a while. After trying harder to get in contact with him, I was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied through school, accepted for a first round interview. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and questions about projects I had done with a few simpler math questions. Overall nothing too difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

hand in resume on career fair and get the interview invitation in a week then campus interview.
    Alternate behavior question and basic bit munipulate question for 30 mins. Paper coding and some concept explain

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I went to career fair and spoke to the person from Cisco. Later that day, I received a call from the person asking for an interview. The interview went pretty smooth. Just basic questions like how would you describe yourself, and why would you want to work at Cisco. The interviewer did ask a question relating to demand planning, which was related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• If Cisco created a new product, how would you know how many to manufacture?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied at Campus Career Fair, got an email next day to schedule an interview on campus.
    The process was fairly simple. They mostly focus on behavioral questions and your resume which are pretty easy to tackle. Since I had no prior work experience they asked me some basic networking questions. Interview lasted about 40 minutes after which in about 2 weeks they sent me an offer.