Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 11, 2014
1,194 Interview Reviews

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I was located remotely. One round of HR + One round with hiring managers ( 2 of them) + 7 rounds of in person interviews. The actual interviews were not very tough since I have relevant experience. Hence was able to talk about the process issues etc demonstrating my knowledge. Back to back 7 hrs in one day was exhausting with you locked in one conference room and the next interviewer waiting to start before you are done with the current.

Over all it was a good experience and I took the job.

Interview Questions
    • Three scenarios of dealing with difficult stakeholders. how did you deal with them and how would you do it now if you have to do the same now, how would you deal.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Talk with hiring manager and he/she will move forward with a lead designer in the team. Process of interview: self-intro, why you are interested in Cisco, what you are interested in, tell me about some projects you have done on the portfolio: what challenges you have encountered, Questions?

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. But they do care a lot about your projects on the portfolio. "What did you learn from this project"   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Coming out of college I interviewed with Cisco and they were very nice and made me feel welcome. They asked me several technical general programming questions trying to get an understanding of how I think about problems and go about solving them. Once they had made a decision the manager kept in close contact with me and answered all my questions

Interview Questions
    • draw a model for a gumball machine and explain what classes you would use   Answer Question

It wasn't really what I wanted to do. I should have taken it

Software Engineer Interview

I was hired more than 10 years ago so I don't remember what exactly it was anymore. It was something like being interviewed by at least 5 engineers and then managers. Questions mostly on C and C++.

Software Engineer Interview

Easiest Interview I ever did. No technical questions were asked. The interviewer seemed bored and completely unprepared. Did not put in any energy prior to the interview preparing for it,

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

There was an initial screening interview discussing basic career questions and asking about future plans and why Cisco, etc. The second round interview was with the manager and it was over the phone and very informal. Half the questions were behavioral and half of them were technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   View Answer
    Not a lot of room for negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2014.

Phone interview first followed by legal issues I was contacted via linked-in and responded to an email which was followed by a request for resume and a phone interview with recruiter and then I spoke to another person and then I was neither denied nor offered a position but put on hold