Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
1,475 Interview Reviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a couple interviews, though for an internship. The technical one went over everything on my resume in great detail. After that we moved onto what I knew regarding programming and such. There were a lot of algorithm questions, and many focused on my ability to not brute-force the task. Definitely know the differences.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Smooth process with friendly atmosphere. Questions were exactly like those in glassdoor. If you prepare all the questions posted in this site, you can crack interview. They were looking for a little experienced person hence i did not fit the category.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutex, semaphore,deadlock,priority inversion, Arrays coding question   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer did not spend much time on pleasantries and began the interview almost instantly. The tone of the interview was formal but not in an unfriendly manner. The questions involved microprocessor design, OS concepts and implementation of data structures. Several of the questions involving data structures were open-ended. The interviewer was also interested in evaluating my knowledge of memory management in C-programming.

Interview Questions

• How would I implement the lists data structure of Python ?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by 2 Cisco employees at the University. The interview lasted for about 55 mins. Questions were completely based on the resume. No in depth technical questions were asked. The questions were about the various projects written in the resume.

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (La Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

nice not stressful relaxed .it was just question about my resume and some behavioral question. just be yourself know your resume and you ll be fine .the recruter was from INDIA he was nice ask me question and told me they will let me know whether or not they want to keep me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via our college career portal and was called for webex interviews within a month or so. The length of the interviews were 45 minutes. There was mainly technical questions involved and nothing about my past experience or projects were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on 1. Routing protocols such eigrp ospf and bgp. 2. Spanning tree protocols and about trunk port modes etc 3. Basic questions about subnetting and asked few problems on the same. 4. Asked to write code on how to ssh into a cisco IOS router and extract whether an interface is up or down using any coding language of choice 5. Asked to write code on how to keep track of the number of distinct words and a count of the same from a file. 6. Debugging how a neighbouring router/switch port is alive or dead 6. Basic questions on Operating systems concepts and linked lists.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

The Cisco interview process I went through was backwards and one of the least professional I have encountered. A current Director of Recruiting from a flash sale etailer contacted me via Linkedin about an opportunity. I asked for details and the Recruiter sent me generic scum master job requirements, then, said it was for Cisco. She apparently was recruiting for her flash sale etailer at the same time was working to fill contract positions at Cisco. When I asked what were the most important items the hiring manager wanted to see in a candidate, she fell back onto her generic statements. Later, I found out that Cisco, rather than working with a select 3rd Party recruiter, uses the scattershot approach to turn up candidates. I didn't receive an offer, but, am curious why Cisco wasn't interested in a Navy Veteran who has successfully led enterprise-level within start-ups and large corporate environments.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not interesting as the interviewers seemed unprepared and tired. Also, they kept emphasizing the time limit and seemed to handle a crisis situation (the audio on webex didn't work) with panic and blame. They kept asking if I had questions even after asking them 3 questions. Be prepared to talk a lot if this is the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of What are your hobbies Tell me how you handled a difficult teammate What gets you up in the morning   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Everything on glassdoor has been spot on. HR interview is trivial and standard, with some basic problem solving situations (I didn't have networking experience so my situation was car trouble). Next is Cisco interview challenge which is basically unanswered questions from their customer support forums- a cheap way to outsource your tech support I suppose. Neither the manager or the two technical leads were interested in talking about the interview challenge, but the interviews themselves were quite nice. All persons were amicable and the technical round wasn't even too rough despite having only a basic understanding of important topics like the OSI model. Now just waiting for the yes or no.

Interview Questions

• "Describe the layers of the OSI model, provide an example of a protocol for each"   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Went over entire resume and asked questions regarding each. No specific technical questions, but did as questions regarding the classes I took (Data structures, algorithms). Fairly laid back and nice interviewer. Only had a single interview and received an email the next week. The email was not an offer email nor a second round interview email. It just said that I was still in consideration for the position and that the selection process would take place in the next few weeks. At the time of this review, I'm still waiting.