Cisco Systems Interview Questions

it was simple process, 3 interviews followed by hr round and then offer

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

Sent resume/cover letter through a formalized computer application
    Was contacted within three or four weeks with an update that I had made it to the next round
    They asked me to attend an "optional" webinar with more details about the program and process - they listed three dates to video-call in using their company WebEx software, and the information session was hands on and informative. They had a formal presentation that discussion company overview as well as future opportunities with the company. They concluded with an open-forum panel with current employees.
    After the information session, an HR recruiter followed up to schedule me for two interviews - the first one in their Boston office, the second through a phone/video call.
    First, in person interview was very encouraging. The office was beautiful but the interview was one on one (literally no one else visable in the office). Very casual converation but in a very professional atmosphere, enthusiastic about the company, and eager to give feedback for the rest of the interview process.
    Second phone call was fairly routine interview with a representative from NC headquarters which is not one of the internship locations, so it felt a little bit unrelated
    Within two or three weeks I recieved a phone call congratulating me with a quick run down of benefits, start dates, etc. They followed up immediately with comprehensive overview of the next steps.

Interview Questions
    • What would you want me to know about you if this wasn't just a job interview?
      What do you know about Cisco?
        View Answer
    Negotiation wasn't even necessary. They offer AWESOME relocation benefits, comprehensive travel compensation, a very high undergraduate intern salary, and they are relatively flexible about accomodating vacations or conflicts.

They actually called me at one point to inform me of a salary adjustment that increased my hourly by $5.00 for no reason!

Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

The overall process was about 3 weeks long. There were 5 interviews and all were phone interviews. I never was asked any technical questions, so I was very disappointed. All of the individuals were genuinely nice guys. If you are to apply for these jobs, know YOU RESUME. I think that's where I messed up. I forgot about the things I did in the military and it made me look silly. I would definitely apply for this company again!!

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my resume and I forgot the detailed portions of my military position because I have been out for 9 years.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

My resume was forwarded from someone I know to a manager accepting applications. He then called me for a 20 minute phone interview to ask basic questions to determine what kind of person I am and if the job would interest me. Following that, another interview was scheduled two days later with two of their higher level software engineers. I had the option to do it over the phone or in person, and I chose the latter. It lasted about two and a half hours, where the first 40 minutes or so were quizzing me on my general Java (it was a Java-specific position) and programming knowledge, and after a short break the rest of the time was spent on six programming puzzles that I had to solve on a whiteboard. Half of them were fairly straightforward, and the other half more challenging. All of the interviewers were very kind and casual. When I asked what to wear to the interview I was told blue jeans and a nice shirt, and I was still dressed up a little more than some of the employees there. The office's environment seemed laid back and welcoming, and overall the interview experience was very satisfying.

I received a call later the following week from the manager I did the phone interview with, who was the manager I'd be working under, saying that he had put my name in to HR for an offer. The week after that, I received the official offer from HR and was given two weeks to accept or decline. I talked with HR about the specifics of the many benefits the company has available to its employees, and accepted the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Given a string, find all of the palindromes within it that are not subsets of each other.   Answer Question

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview is 3-4 hrs long.

Phone role play (attached) – each candidate will complete a simulated sales call (not Cisco-focused) with a strict 5 minute time limit
    Group meeting & introduction to Inside Sales management team
    Q & A with managers
     3: 1-on-1 interviews

Be sure to ask feedback throughout the entry interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?

What is the difference between software and hardware sales?

60 days from now how would you rank against the other new hires?

Do you see yourself as a team leader?

How do you feel about volunteering?

How do you think you did on your cold call?
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Process took a few weeks. Simple behavioral interview through University Program

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation where you found a solution   Answer Question
    Set salary. No room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

The previous company was purchased by Cisco Systems. So, we do not need to go through the interview process.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I received 3 interviews, all of which were very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straight forward, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

I was referred by a friend on the vSAM team. After my resume was given to the appropriate person, I had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview - half day process. There were 8 other applicants interviewing at the same time. First up was a role play followed by interviews with six mangers.

Interview Questions
    • I found the role play to be the most anxiety-producing portion but it went well. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

I was part of Cisco after they acquired the company I worked at, so no hiring process past accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I work at Cisco beyond benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation due to being part of an acquisition. My salary and benefits were kept on par with prior company and I was satisfied.