Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,197 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2014.

Phone interview first followed by legal issues I was contacted via linked-in and responded to an email which was followed by a request for resume and a phone interview with recruiter and then I spoke to another person and then I was neither denied nor offered a position but put on hold

Technical Leader I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Questions
    • A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question
    None

Junior Business Analyst Interview

I got called in for an in-person interview with three different managers. The first person I talked to was actually through the phone, so it could be considered a phone interview. Each interview was on-site.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question
    Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

there are about four rounds of interviews: 3 round of technical interviews and 1 round of English interview by the HR. this is the Campus recruitment process, no idea about the process of social recruitment.

Interview Questions
    • All is basic questions, but has some emphasis on C and network   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was a very simple process. I met and talked with 7 people in 2 divisions and covered everything from previous experience to university studies, etc. The interviewer called me back within 2 hours of leaving the building and let me know I had an offer. That was several years ago, though, and the company was behaving more like a startup than a big company. Nowadays, the interview process is much slower and it takes much longer to extend offers, etc.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

They scheduled an in person interview at their San Jose office after very quick phone interview. At the interview, they described the job and went through my resume. They did not ask any technical questions because they expect entry level employees to learn on the job. There weren't any hard behavioral questions either. It seems like what mattered was whether the team likes you and would want to work with you.

Network Engineer Interview

i was asked general questions. few rounds were behavioral too.
    it was 2 rounds in all. i was asked about network architecture patterns. why do u think the data layer and all

Vice President of Development Interview

Interesting process. They contacted me and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They called me again and I called them back. They stopped calling.