Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
1,437 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I went to career fair and spoke to the person from Cisco. Later that day, I received a call from the person asking for an interview. The interview went pretty smooth. Just basic questions like how would you describe yourself, and why would you want to work at Cisco. The interviewer did ask a question relating to demand planning, which was related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• If Cisco created a new product, how would you know how many to manufacture?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied at Campus Career Fair, got an email next day to schedule an interview on campus.
    The process was fairly simple. They mostly focus on behavioral questions and your resume which are pretty easy to tackle. Since I had no prior work experience they asked me some basic networking questions. Interview lasted about 40 minutes after which in about 2 weeks they sent me an offer.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Initially applied online with help from a former colleague. After a brief phone screening, I was advanced to a 1:1 interview. The interview was conducted on WebEx, which was a video program similar to Skype. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative. It was mostly designed to get a feel for personality and understand why Cisco and why this specific position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes and was conversational about resume and projects worked. Onsite interview was two hours broken into short one on ones with team members and director. Most were conversational again besides one that tested your software skills.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Skype-like. Asked some concepts about data structures including hashtable and Binary Search Tree. Asked to solve some basic coding problems using stack and Binary Search Tree. Lasted for 40 min. High demand for C programming than other language.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Just asking some behavior questions and basic technique questions. For example, how to deal with the disagreement with your teammate?what is version control? They also asked some questions related to Python.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was approached at a career fair at my university where I was given an interview. A few days later I received an email stating I had moved on to the final round of interviews. Before the interviews, I had to complete a challenge from Cisco. Afterwards, I had a 30 minute non-technical and 1 hour technical interview.

Interview Questions

• An application is running slowly on Windows. What would you do to see what's going wrong?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with the head of the finance rotation program and it was focused on behavioral traits (leadership, work ethic, etc.). The next two were a week later and back-to-back. The first of these interviews was much harder with more behavioral questions as well as questions about my background in Microsoft Excel and in-depth questions about recent spreadsheet projects. The second of these interviews was much more relaxed with basic behavioral and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• How would explain what an accrued liability is to someone?   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, Spoke with all the members of the team.
    They revived me on different aspects of my experience
    Technical knowledge
    Domain Expertise
    Problem solving and people handling.
    As a lead role the company is looking for some one whose had prior experience leading people.
    The Manager kept me informed and the process was smooth but a little length one.

MBA Program Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The interviewers were very friendly. They asked questions about my past experience and how I would be a fit for Cisco. They were more focused on Agile frameworks of software development and asked me questions related to my past professional experience in that regard.