Cisco Systems

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,279 Interview Reviews

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was fully technical. Interview was for half an hour. Interviewer was very friendly. Still its under process. Hope I will get offer. 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
    2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
    3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.

Interview Questions
    • 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
      2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
      3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.

Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview was filled with behavioral questions. It was a very laid back, quick interview (30 min). Many scenario questions were asked, so prepare for that as well as questions like "why are you studying your major" or "what would you say is most difficult about working with groups?"

Questions are asked off resume as well. I was asked what BFS is and how to implement it but that question came up after discussing one of my projects.

Interview Questions
    • If a teammate was not delivering their work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Started at recruiting even on campus. After learning of the internship I applied online. Around a month passed before I received an email in regards to the internship. I was then contacted by somebody in HR to set up an interview through webex. The first round interview lasted thirty minutes, and was with an NCE. A lot of the questions were personality based, and asking what my goals were. A few technical questions were thrown in at the end. Overall a good experience, Cisco seems like a great company to work for. I am scheduled for the next round of interviews, I will try to update.

Interview Questions
    • describe OSPF, also asked to tell them network, broadcast, and usable addresses for certain IP addresses in different subnets. No calculator obviously.   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.

Software Engineer I Interview

I had a technical phone Interview with QE engineer on data structures and concepts and then a follow-up behavioral phone interview with hiring manager that also included some problem solving brainteaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on data structures and general concepts of   View Answer
    • Know how to come up with test cases for simple real life applications   View Answer

Network Engineer - Switching Interview

Very long and extensinve interview but fair in all regards. I interviewed for a job that dealt with a variety of technologies. There was some expectations to learn new technologies so I expected the interview to be harder going into the interview. I was surrounded by experts and it was very good to learn they are human. One guy mentioned having breakfast with his wife the morning of the day I interviewed. i knew I wanted to work here. I was delighted when they went from one team to the next to interview my skill set.

My recruiter didn't negotiate. They used the Cisco card to make me take it or leave the opportunity and unfortunately for me I gave in since I wanted the Cisco name on my resume.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

directly on-site with three engineers for the position. It was local so I guess the hiring manager does not bother doing a phone interview.

It has been one month after the on-site and since I did not get a reply from my follow-up email, I guess I was passed.

They are quite specific about past experience but not academic questions. So be prepared about what you did before.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

3 interviews all held over the phone lasting 20min at most, very brief and very rushed.. .. ..... .. .... .... ..;". . . ..... ... .... .... ...... ... ..... .. .. Disappointed for such a large corporation

Brief, minimal company information shared until the last minute

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

This is a campus interview. I have been selected into the next round at the end. The most part is about your resume. He asked many parts about it and then moved to some technical part. Because it is a HW position, the man really care about the experience of HW. Also considering the Cisco company's feature, I think the guy who interested in these kind of job needs to know something related to the SW. The interviewer talked me the work over there needs imagination and knowledge both on HW and SW.

Cisco Finance Rotation Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

Here's my experience with Cisco's Finance Rotation Program (FRP).

1. Online Application - Applied on school website & Cisco website

2. University Recruitment - Attended job fair on campus to speak with the leads of the program. This was my opportunity to network and show my personality to make it to round 1 interview.
    -Heard back about 1-2 weeks after job fair to find out I made it to first round interviews.

3. First Round Interview (Held on University campus with everyone else in my school that was invited for Round 1 interviews) - Behavioral questions based off my resume. Know previous FY revenue, current stock price, and also current projects Cisco is working on. Why Cisco?
    -If you do well enough to stand out, expect an email about a week before the scheduled "2nd Round Interviews"

4. 2nd Round Interview (Held in SJ Location Office) - Arrived in the morning and met the other candidates. 2nd Round Interview was held for both FRP and Interns. *Note - About 12 Candidates for the FRP - maybe 70% from SLO, 15% from Berkeley, 10% from Santa Clara, 5% from SJSU. Had breakfast and was introduced to some members of the Finance Department. After breakfast, headed to interview sessions. 3 (30 min interviews back to back) - 1 Financial Analyst, manager, etc.
    Questions:
    Person 1: Behavioral Questions
    Person 2: Why Cisco? Expectations for the program? Somewhat situational questions.
    Person 3: Basic Technical questions: Difference between cash and accrual accounting. Tell how it affects BS, IS, or both. Cisco's previous FY revenue. Current Stock Price. Look into current news for discussions.
    After interviews, you get a coupon to grab lunch in their awesome cafeteria. From then, you get the chance to talk to everyone else and get a small tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the steps of cash and accrual accounting in the IS, BS, CFS.   Answer Question