Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Met Cisco recruiters at a Careers Fair at my university. Got a call for a phone interview. Passed the first interview, which was mostly about my CV, myself, and my skills, there is a face to face interview to get through and get the actual internship. More technical questions are asked here, in addition to information on your CV (again); get informed about their latest technologies and general basic information. People at Cisco are very professional and nice, so make sure to be up to their standards.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a router and a modem, what does a router do and how it works, iCloud questions, TelePresence...latest technologies basically. My interview was held in June 2012 Most difficult Question: Have you ever thought about a new technology to develop?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Cisco likes the whole team to interview you for a role so it can take some time. They do many reference checks and spend alot of time going through your profile.

Interview Questions

• 90 plan should I enter the business   1 Answer

It became clear that the role would focus more on an area of the business that I wasnt interested in.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

interview with HR, line manager team members, met over 7 people over 7 interviews, no real consistency in technique or structure.. lack of process, bad communication of feedback, no consistency of feedback style or content, lack of clarity regarding success factors, goals etc. no tech support for process, bad hr systems support,

Interview Questions

• who would you identify as ideal acquisition targets and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

very painful, took along time, poor comms, rigid HR policy

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Questions

• What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms. interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

Negotiation

need to negotiate agressively.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Long with different stages. Do not expect to get a quick answer as the internal process is slow and involved HR, hiring manager and few other related functions (usually the corresponding account manager is a must). Look for the STAR technique when you answer the questions and you are on the tight way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to be an engineer?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (7) in total with various people within the company who would be engaging with me on a day to day basis both from the group I would be reporting to and the clients I would be supporting. 1st interview was a telephone screening, followed by several 1:1 interviews or varying degrees of complexity. Some were easy, more a get to know you interview others were more focused and relevant to the role that was being hired for. I had 7 interviews that apparently I am told is a small number for Cisco, this is not only to ensure they get the right fit from a culture perspective and Role but to help create your network on joining the company if you are successful in being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• - How will you fit into the culture of the company, everyone is focused on Cisco as a family culture - Questions on relevant skills relating to the role - Previous experience - Previous success relevant to the role   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First stage was CV application. If successful next stage is a phone interview. Standard questions really, why would you like to work for Cisco? What interests you about the CSAP program? A few competency based questions. If you answer well the next stage is a video response to a question. The question to respond to was "Why do you want to work in sales at Cisco?" Try to make your response as creative as possible. If you pass that stage, the final stage is an assessment centre. Around 25 people attended and 7/8 were offered jobs. When I attended at least half the people in the room, if not more, had connections within the company. Tasks on the day was a technical test (easy), 30 minute interview, 10 minute presentation and 20 minute sales role play. The role play is the most difficult task so make sure you prepare for that one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cisco over Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc...?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management - Software Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Call by recruiter, very normal questions. Why Cisco, What do we do, what is supply chain. Then, invited to the offices at Bedfont Lakes. Three interviews with three different people. Nice, normal people from supply chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to lead?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer(Sales Department) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first one was very general, and was mostly just to see if I knew what I was getting myself into and what I would bring to the team. The second and third round they asked me questions relating to my resume and testing me on what it is that Cisco actually does and how their technology is used.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team if you come work for us? What are your plans for the future? What experiences have you had with Cisco technology? What interests you the most about Cisco? Can you take me through your resume?   Answer Question