Cisco Systems

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process. Cisco likes the whole team to interview you for a role so it can take some time. They do many reference checks and spend alot of time going through your profile.

Interview Question – 90 plan should I enter the business   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It became clear that the role would focus more on an area of the business that I wasnt interested in.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – interview with HR, line manager team members, met over 7 people over 7 interviews, no real consistency in technique or structure.. lack of process, bad communication of feedback, no consistency of feedback style or content, lack of clarity regarding success factors, goals etc. no tech support for process, bad hr systems support,

Interview Question – who would you identify as ideal acquisition targets and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very painful, took along time, poor comms, rigid HR policy

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Met Cisco recruiters at a Careers Fair at my university. Got a call for a phone interview.
Passed the first interview, which was mostly about my CV, myself, and my skills, there is a face to face interview to get through and get the actual internship. More technical questions are asked here, in addition to information on your CV (again); get informed about their latest technologies and general basic information. People at Cisco are very professional and nice, so make sure to be up to their standards.

Interview Question – Difference between a router and a modem, what does a router do and how it works, iCloud questions, TelePresence...latest technologies basically. My interview was held in June 2012
Most difficult Question: Have you ever thought about a new technology to develop?
  Answer Question

CSAP Interview

CSAP
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Question – What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question

Sales Business Analyst - Intern Interview

Sales Business Analyst - Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Interview Details – I have to say that they were all friendly and didn't make you fell uncomfortable at any time.

The first interview was a phone interview with one of my mangers to be, we went through the role and my resume. No unexpected questions.

The second interview was another phone interview with a guy I would have had to work with, he tested my analytical skills and got information on what software I had experience on. He later asked me for a couple of examples of similar situations that I had had in my previous job experiences.

A couple of months later and after many follow-ups, I got the feedback. I passed. They set up the third interview, this time via the super-cool Cisco Telepresence. I was applying for a position in London and at the time I was in another country. The third interview was with the other hiring manager and the director of the division. Again, we went through my resume and they asked me questions like why I wanted to work for Cisco and what were my motivations. After I answered all their questions they said they would let me know and a couple of days later they said everything went well and I would start in 3 weeks!

Very nice experience, the only problem is that it took a very long time for the whole process, from the beginning to the end, 8 months....but I am still here, it was worth waiting for it.

Interview Question – No technical questions or tests, I think it was due to the fact that I was applying for an internship and I was not an engineer or a developer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually didn't try to negotiate, I was too happy to have been accepted.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2011.

Interview Details – Graduate program- CSAP- 1 phone interview with scenario based questions, 1 full day with a presentation to deliver, a sales roleplay to close on, and a 1-2-1 interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was a global graduate program!

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a recruiter screen after a direct contact. Started with a couple of phone interviews, mostly about background and potential interest. They looked to find out why I might leave and if my CV was legit. Took some time to arrange in-person interviews with several people. Seemed more like who was available that day than real decision makers or people I'd work with. Took a couple more weeks to do video interviews with hiring manager and peers. Style felt a bit like "prove to us you are not incompetent!" Site visit followed to impress. Was never really sure where I stood but got an offer anyway...but I lost interest after the video interviews.

Interview Question – If you had to terminate yourself, what would be the reason?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Company culture not a fit, long-term prospects not as promising as current employer.

Head of Collaboration Interview

Head of Collaboration
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2009.

Interview Details – It was a meandering drag

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes. Negotiated cash over levels

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – About eight interviews face to face and a few over the phone. Generally friendly.

Interview Question – What is your personal career goal and how do you think this job will assist you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – After simple talk with recruiter (no technical questions), I was given a not attented coding test to do. Then interview with 6 people - mostly technical, without any particularly difficult questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've accepted the offer which they made, without further negotations.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems interview questions and advice in London, England. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.