Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (7) in total with various people within the company who would be engaging with me on a day to day basis both from the group I would be reporting to and the clients I would be supporting.

1st interview was a telephone screening, followed by several 1:1 interviews or varying degrees of complexity. Some were easy, more a get to know you interview others were more focused and relevant to the role that was being hired for. I had 7 interviews that apparently I am told is a small number for Cisco, this is not only to ensure they get the right fit from a culture perspective and Role but to help create your network on joining the company if you are successful in being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• - How will you fit into the culture of the company, everyone is focused on Cisco as a family culture
      - Questions on relevant skills relating to the role
      - Previous experience
      - Previous success relevant to the role

Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First stage was CV application.

If successful next stage is a phone interview. Standard questions really, why would you like to work for Cisco? What interests you about the CSAP program? A few competency based questions. If you answer well the next stage is a video response to a question.

The question to respond to was "Why do you want to work in sales at Cisco?"
    Try to make your response as creative as possible.

If you pass that stage, the final stage is an assessment centre. Around 25 people attended and 7/8 were offered jobs. When I attended at least half the people in the room, if not more, had connections within the company.
    Tasks on the day was a technical test (easy), 30 minute interview, 10 minute presentation and 20 minute sales role play. The role play is the most difficult task so make sure you prepare for that one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cisco over Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc...?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had received a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. The lady was very friendly and helped me relax as it was the first time I had been interviewed. The process took about 30 mins and I was given time to think about my answer once I was asked it. Altogether it was a good experience as I was not pressured and was able to relax and give my answers.

Interview Questions

• A time you showed leadership/solved a problem/helped a friend to solve a common issue   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, applied online via their graduate recruitment website. Shortly was called and asked offered a telephone interview. Once I had been told that I had passed the telephone interview, I was invited to submit a 2-minute video to Cisco. Once my video has been reviewed, I was invited to attend an assessment centre in London for the graduate scheme.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the EMEA recruitment co-ordinator for a telephonic interview, which revealed to be just a mocking call and a waste of time. During 15 minutes telephonic my counterpart has been repeatedly yawning (6 times at least) on the phone while I was speaking, showing a total lack of education. I still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my previous job, why I left and how much I was earning, asking me to provide payslips.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management - Software Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Call by recruiter, very normal questions. Why Cisco, What do we do, what is supply chain. Then, invited to the offices at Bedfont Lakes. Three interviews with three different people. Nice, normal people from supply chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to lead?   1 Answer

Java Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - really easy/standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Face to face interview with hiring managers @ Cisco HQ. A series of three one to one interviews and some of the questions were actually repeated. The three interviews had no technical questions, prior experience didn't seem to matter, they just wanted to know if I would fit within their team, if I had the right mentality and if this position would actually benefit me.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, interviewer very friendly, no hard questions. They told me I was successful and they will get in touch to arrange a formal face-to-face interview, after a month they emailed me saying I was unsuccessful... ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What tech related interests do I have outside of work   1 Answer

International Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. Heard back from CISCO after a month and had a face to face interview in university. The interview was pleasant and the questions were generic (the interviewers were trying to explore your personalities). Pass the first interview, currently waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency and motivational questions : Why do you want to work for CISCO? Why are you applying for this position? What is your interest? What keeps you going to pursue your career aspiration? How do you see your achievement in CISCO will help contribute to the society?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I just finish with my first interview, Cisco has changed the way of interview through the third part (Randstad Sourcing), so these people try to help you to get as high as score that possible, then they'll pass it to Cisco if you pass the first round.
    Questions was easy and straightforward, More about personal effectiveness at work, so make sure that you have example of teamwork in your mind and prepare for questions.
    Technical:
    What is Cloud
    What is Networking
    Non Technical
    What is Cisco
    Why Cisco must hire you

Interview Questions

• Hoe to persuade someone in group to get better result, ( You shouldn't mix it with leadership or managerial role, they after a specific situation to put your answer down).   1 Answer