Cisco Systems

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Systems Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

I just finish with my first interview, Cisco has changed the way of interview through the third part (Randstad Sourcing), so these people try to help you to get as high as score that possible, then they'll pass it to Cisco if you pass the first round.
    Questions was easy and straightforward, More about personal effectiveness at work, so make sure that you have example of teamwork in your mind and prepare for questions.
    Technical:
    What is Cloud
    What is Networking
    Non Technical
    What is Cisco
    Why Cisco must hire you

Interview Questions
    • Hoe to persuade someone in group to get better result, ( You shouldn't mix it with leadership or managerial role, they after a specific situation to put your answer down).   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

need to negotiate agressively.

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Questions
    • Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

After simple talk with recruiter (no technical questions), I was given a not attented coding test to do. Then interview with 6 people - mostly technical, without any particularly difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    I've accepted the offer which they made, without further negotations.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

About eight interviews face to face and a few over the phone. Generally friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is your personal career goal and how do you think this job will assist you?   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Systems Engineer Uk ( London) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

The telephone is very much competence question ans 1 or two so called technical ( but i called general knowledge).
    The question were simply
    1.What do you know about Cisco, Product and services
    2.Give me a time etc... about three question.
    3.What is a cloud computing? I guess everyone would be able to answere this one
    4.Why should we hire you? This one was very direct but you will need to be prepared
    5.Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role?

Jus remember that Every answer is marked out of 5 ( 1 very poor and 5 very good), You will definitely whether you have gone through by the end of the interview.
    The botom line is that you should all be ready and familiarize yourself with Cisco as a whole otherwise yo are burst.

Hope this will help

Interview Questions
    • Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

The process was professional, with a series of two interviews; phone and face to face.

It was all through my Contracting Agency / employer. There was a little negotiation, whereby we reached an agree-able decision for both parties. I was satisfied with the process

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2011.

Graduate program- CSAP- 1 phone interview with scenario based questions, 1 full day with a presentation to deliver, a sales roleplay to close on, and a 1-2-1 interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as it was a global graduate program!

Sales Business Analyst - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

I have to say that they were all friendly and didn't make you fell uncomfortable at any time.

The first interview was a phone interview with one of my mangers to be, we went through the role and my resume. No unexpected questions.

The second interview was another phone interview with a guy I would have had to work with, he tested my analytical skills and got information on what software I had experience on. He later asked me for a couple of examples of similar situations that I had had in my previous job experiences.

A couple of months later and after many follow-ups, I got the feedback. I passed. They set up the third interview, this time via the super-cool Cisco Telepresence. I was applying for a position in London and at the time I was in another country. The third interview was with the other hiring manager and the director of the division. Again, we went through my resume and they asked me questions like why I wanted to work for Cisco and what were my motivations. After I answered all their questions they said they would let me know and a couple of days later they said everything went well and I would start in 3 weeks!

Very nice experience, the only problem is that it took a very long time for the whole process, from the beginning to the end, 8 months....but I am still here, it was worth waiting for it.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions or tests, I think it was due to the fact that I was applying for an internship and I was not an engineer or a developer   Answer Question
    I actually didn't try to negotiate, I was too happy to have been accepted.

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Questions
    • What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question