Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

After the online test, I got a call from an HR manager, who asked me about my life like hobbies and so on. After that, I went to Lisbon to have two video interviews (about tech stuff) with people from London and after that I was asked to go to London and spent a whole day in a room with different people from different areas coming in and interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would improve this specific device   Answer Question

Sales Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward stages, expectations of the company were clearly stated. Work to fulfil the criteria and you can succeed. Each hiring manager was very courteous, clear and respectful. You can see that there is a great culture at the company simply from interacting with their hiring staff. They also provided feedback at the end which was reassuring and useful to my own personal development.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was appealing, so I did not negotiate further.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Long with different stages. Do not expect to get a quick answer as the internal process is slow and involved HR, hiring manager and few other related functions (usually the corresponding account manager is a must). Look for the STAR technique when you answer the questions and you are on the tight way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to be an engineer?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer(Sales Department) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first one was very general, and was mostly just to see if I knew what I was getting myself into and what I would bring to the team. The second and third round they asked me questions relating to my resume and testing me on what it is that Cisco actually does and how their technology is used.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team if you come work for us? What are your plans for the future? What experiences have you had with Cisco technology? What interests you the most about Cisco? Can you take me through your resume?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (7) in total with various people within the company who would be engaging with me on a day to day basis both from the group I would be reporting to and the clients I would be supporting. 1st interview was a telephone screening, followed by several 1:1 interviews or varying degrees of complexity. Some were easy, more a get to know you interview others were more focused and relevant to the role that was being hired for. I had 7 interviews that apparently I am told is a small number for Cisco, this is not only to ensure they get the right fit from a culture perspective and Role but to help create your network on joining the company if you are successful in being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• - How will you fit into the culture of the company, everyone is focused on Cisco as a family culture - Questions on relevant skills relating to the role - Previous experience - Previous success relevant to the role   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First stage was CV application. If successful next stage is a phone interview. Standard questions really, why would you like to work for Cisco? What interests you about the CSAP program? A few competency based questions. If you answer well the next stage is a video response to a question. The question to respond to was "Why do you want to work in sales at Cisco?" Try to make your response as creative as possible. If you pass that stage, the final stage is an assessment centre. Around 25 people attended and 7/8 were offered jobs. When I attended at least half the people in the room, if not more, had connections within the company. Tasks on the day was a technical test (easy), 30 minute interview, 10 minute presentation and 20 minute sales role play. The role play is the most difficult task so make sure you prepare for that one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cisco over Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc...?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had received a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. The lady was very friendly and helped me relax as it was the first time I had been interviewed. The process took about 30 mins and I was given time to think about my answer once I was asked it. Altogether it was a good experience as I was not pressured and was able to relax and give my answers.

Interview Questions

• A time you showed leadership/solved a problem/helped a friend to solve a common issue   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, applied online via their graduate recruitment website. Shortly was called and asked offered a telephone interview. Once I had been told that I had passed the telephone interview, I was invited to submit a 2-minute video to Cisco. Once my video has been reviewed, I was invited to attend an assessment centre in London for the graduate scheme.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the EMEA recruitment co-ordinator for a telephonic interview, which revealed to be just a mocking call and a waste of time. During 15 minutes telephonic my counterpart has been repeatedly yawning (6 times at least) on the phone while I was speaking, showing a total lack of education. I still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my previous job, why I left and how much I was earning, asking me to provide payslips.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management - Software Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Call by recruiter, very normal questions. Why Cisco, What do we do, what is supply chain. Then, invited to the offices at Bedfont Lakes. Three interviews with three different people. Nice, normal people from supply chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to lead?   1 Answer