Cisco Systems Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds away from HQ at a recruiting session. These were lengthy in depth interviews. 4 rounds at HQ in a round table type session. These were quicker 20 minute type interviews, which were a bit superficial but I think we're more geared to judge fit and personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Manager Interview

Interview

Very methodical but long. I interviewed with 8 including the HR person. Of the 7 was my hiring manager and the rest were at either Director or at the VP level, Felt confident after I got selected

Interview Questions

• Several case studies. Also one VP was a bit cynical as to what difference I could make, but after thorough deliberation and explanation and my insights he was all smiley and opened up :)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had in-person interviews with four people and another round with two more people. They were good at providing a schedule of who I would be speaking with but seemed to have a bit of trouble scheduling everyone for one day instead of two. Overall, the interviews were average in tone, questions asked and initial impressions. I did however find it surprising that I got to my interview to be told, the hiring manager would be changing and they were not sure who the position I was interviewing for would report to or what the role would do exactly. Not sure why they had me interview for a role they were not sure they needed or really knew how to use. Overall, it was interview practice since the role really didn't seem to be a real one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you managed from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Many interviews unless they have budget to use before losing head count.

Interview Questions

• Just too long and processing and too many interviewers and managers that are afraid to make decisions   Answer Question

Negotiation

quick and easy

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very very long, the background check took just as long. Interviewed with the same person several times thinking it would be a second round but found it to be an extended first.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question but there was a lot of uncertainty in knowing where in the process things stood.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have the luxury, press for as much as you can.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2008.

Interview

Intial call with HR, others in the hiring area, then the hiring manager. Many of the phone calls were around what my experience and why did I think I was a good fit. Some interviews were very casual some were very formal with specific questions around technical knowledge, philosphy around customer satisfaction, working with others, travel, experience with P&L management, what I know about the company, etc. The face to face phase of the interviews was more about whether or not I would make a good fit in the environment. The final stage was salary expectations and negotiating relocation package. Over all it was a good experience but it took a long time and it was difficult to figure out what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a customer who has a bad perception or negative experience with (company name), and is unwilling to meet with you   1 Answer

Negotiation

it took about 3 weeks, but my hr person and hiring manager were very open and willing to work with me within the boundries of company policy. Over all it was very good.