Cisco Systems Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

After being a summer marketing intern for Cisco Systems, I expected better communication about Full Time Conversion offers from my University Relations recruiter and contact who had been in touch with us all summer. Instead, the timeline they gave us was all wrong. They told us they expected to hear on full time conversion opportunities for summer interns by mid-September, but did not hear a word from them until I asked for more information in November. It took 3 more months to set up an interview. After two rounds of positive response WebEx interviews with managers and team members about 6 months after our internships ended, I again did not hear anything from anyone Cisco related regarding ANY follow up. To this day, I never heard back about an offer. I was left in the dark about the hiring the whole year. It was an unpleasant experience for such a sophisticated company program, and I have a bad taste in my mouth from the entire process.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The hiring process through the university hiring system took forever and a half. My first interview was on-campus in September and I received my offer in March, so do not be discouraged if you do not hear back in a timely manner but if it is a position you are passionate about, don't hesitate to contact HR directly. As for the interviews themselves, they were very laid back and conversational. I had the feeling the once you passed the initial screening and first round interview, they were really just looking for the right fit with the right manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Too many interviews. I was interviewed by 8 different people before being offered the position. Culture and office are nice, but people seem detached from one another (very independent, loose teamwork). Initial e-mail led to first interview, then to 7 others on 7 different days. The questions were very straightforward– no curveballs, as if the interviewers were too lazy to ask me any questions. One even asked me questions from McDonalds, and another while driving.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the most meaningful work experience you had and why?"   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. Not even a moving stipend of $100 that I requested. Probably because I was hired straight out of college!

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

The interview process for undergrads has varied each year. When I applied, I had a current Cisco employee submit my resume through my university's on-campus recruiting. I did a 30-minute interview via the career center, and then I went to HQ for hour long interviews with three different managers. I know for another year, Cisco flew candidates from across the US into San Jose; there was also a social before the all-day interviews.

Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral- tell me about yourself, why do you wanna work for Cisco, tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, what sets you apart from any other candidates. There was no set standard questions and the experience depended on the personality of the interviewer - some were more serious, others like chatting with an old friend.

In terms of hiring process, it's a combination of open positions within the company + the undergrad's experience. Hiring managers were usually the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions here - all standard behavioral.   Answer Question