Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The hiring process through the university hiring system took forever and a half. My first interview was on-campus in September and I received my offer in March, so do not be discouraged if you do not hear back in a timely manner but if it is a position you are passionate about, don't hesitate to contact HR directly. As for the interviews themselves, they were very laid back and conversational. I had the feeling the once you passed the initial screening and first round interview, they were really just looking for the right fit with the right manager.

Interview Question – What is your favorite book?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Too many interviews. I was interviewed by 8 different people before being offered the position. Culture and office are nice, but people seem detached from one another (very independent, loose teamwork). Initial e-mail led to first interview, then to 7 others on 7 different days. The questions were very straightforward– no curveballs, as if the interviewers were too lazy to ask me any questions. One even asked me questions from McDonalds, and another while driving.

Interview Question – "What was the most meaningful work experience you had and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Not even a moving stipend of $100 that I requested. Probably because I was hired straight out of college!

Marketing Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The interview process for undergrads has varied each year. When I applied, I had a current Cisco employee submit my resume through my university's on-campus recruiting. I did a 30-minute interview via the career center, and then I went to HQ for hour long interviews with three different managers. I know for another year, Cisco flew candidates from across the US into San Jose; there was also a social before the all-day interviews.

Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral- tell me about yourself, why do you wanna work for Cisco, tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, what sets you apart from any other candidates. There was no set standard questions and the experience depended on the personality of the interviewer - some were more serious, others like chatting with an old friend.

In terms of hiring process, it's a combination of open positions within the company + the undergrad's experience. Hiring managers were usually the interviewers.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions here - all standard behavioral.   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!