Cisco Systems

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

the interview process took about two weeks. There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview. The second round was with four people but the questions were very basic related to programming. Not much to do on whiteboad

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

It went very well They asked me question on Core Java, Spring, Struts, Web services (SOAP, REST). some Network related query i.e. SNMP protocal etc.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was contacted by a recruiter who obtained my resume online. After a quick phone screening, I was set up for an in person interview. I was interviewed by a four person team who asked some background questions and a bunch of networking and OS specific technical questions. I then interviewed with their manager who asked mostly questions pertaining to my background and life outside of work. Received an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

Offer was declined because the contract company only offered slightly better pay than what I currently make, but no benefits. I currently have Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401K, PTO, and training reimbursement. I couldn't justify loosing those benefits for just a bit more money, and they didn't want to renegotiate pay. It would have been a net loss on my end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

My friend submiited my resume. 2 weeks later, A recruter called me and talked for 20 minutes. He said someone would contact me in one week. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • In general, how does an IP stack process a received packet?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2011.

Work as a contractor at Cisco and have interviewed for 6 roles in the past 10 years. Each contract has been approx 2 years. Hiring process for contractors is fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Cisco had a freeze on GC applications at the time.
    I was being sponsored by my contracting vendor so stayed with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

2 rounds phone interview. On site has 2 rounds. Each interview is half an hour. Questions from big kettle endian to driving programming and troubleshooting. Not very tricky and no brain tricks. Director will interview engineers as last round. Usually take 2-3 days to have response.

Added 20 percent sign on bonus

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

I was able to get an interview through a contact friend of mine. I was applying for a software developer internship. The first round was just basics of what I did, what I've learned, and how I can apply myself. The second and third rounds were coding questions that focused on OOP, algorithms, and code efficiency. Know them and you'll do fine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2011.

The HR keeps asking about what courses I have taken in my graduate study. I list some courses about computer engineering. It seems she is not satisfied with that. And she asked me again about what other courses except the CS course ....

And she also asked why cisco, why chose cisco and why should cisco need me

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

The hiring manager introduced his team and projects, then focus on tech questions. Most of our discuss was based on the projects and previous work on my resume.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Had an initial phone screen that was very much like a consulting interview (market sizing, etc). 30 days later I was contacted again to interview for a different position. Only one round with 5 interviews including sales, engineering, but mostly product managers. One group interview where I presented a business problem to the PM leadership. The interview questions consisted of grilling on the product domain I would be working in (even though I had little background in it -- good thing i did my research), brainteasers (what's the TAM for dryers in the US), and how to sell questions ("sell me something in the room").

Interview Questions
    difficult. i had to refuse to get a modest pay increase