Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had call form requiter, he submit me for position of Network admin, with requirements of network, and it was in job description that Linux and Python knowledge would be a plus. They made me in person interview 2 days after submission. I had interview with manager of the lab, and the most questions was about script programming. Day after the interview, I got feedback that they need somebody with strong scripting knowledge.

Interview Question – About script programming because that was less important requirement in the job descrption   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who obtained my resume online. After a quick phone screening, I was set up for an in person interview. I was interviewed by a four person team who asked some background questions and a bunch of networking and OS specific technical questions. I then interviewed with their manager who asked mostly questions pertaining to my background and life outside of work. Received an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Question – How do you configure a static route on a Cisco iOS device?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Offer was declined because the contract company only offered slightly better pay than what I currently make, but no benefits. I currently have Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401K, PTO, and training reimbursement. I couldn't justify loosing those benefits for just a bit more money, and they didn't want to renegotiate pay. It would have been a net loss on my end.

Network Administrator

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2008.

Interview Details – The application was long. Very long. It took approximately one month for them to correspond. They give you an "assessment test" to quiz your general knowledge. They let you know how you've done immediately. If you get passed the assessment, your interview will be within the next 3-5 business days. Have your first interview with direct management, then a second with administrative management 1-2 days later. They make an offer to you (or not call you back) within a few business days.

Interview Question – Where do you feel the company is going in the next 1-2 years after our stock value has dropped so severly in the past two fiscal quarters?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Network Administrator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.