Cisco Systems Network Administrator Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

I had call form requiter, he submit me for position of Network admin, with requirements of network, and it was in job description that Linux and Python knowledge would be a plus. They made me in person interview 2 days after submission. I had interview with manager of the lab, and the most questions was about script programming. Day after the interview, I got feedback that they need somebody with strong scripting knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • About script programming because that was less important requirement in the job descrption   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was contacted by a recruiter who obtained my resume online. After a quick phone screening, I was set up for an in person interview. I was interviewed by a four person team who asked some background questions and a bunch of networking and OS specific technical questions. I then interviewed with their manager who asked mostly questions pertaining to my background and life outside of work. Received an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

Offer was declined because the contract company only offered slightly better pay than what I currently make, but no benefits. I currently have Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401K, PTO, and training reimbursement. I couldn't justify loosing those benefits for just a bit more money, and they didn't want to renegotiate pay. It would have been a net loss on my end.

Network Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2008.

The application was long. Very long. It took approximately one month for them to correspond. They give you an "assessment test" to quiz your general knowledge. They let you know how you've done immediately. If you get passed the assessment, your interview will be within the next 3-5 business days. Have your first interview with direct management, then a second with administrative management 1-2 days later. They make an offer to you (or not call you back) within a few business days.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you feel the company is going in the next 1-2 years after our stock value has dropped so severly in the past two fiscal quarters?   Answer Question