Cisco Systems Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Having Cisco certifications matters more to some managers than others. If you do not have the top certifications this may be used against you when negotiating salary.

Interview Questions
  • No tough technical questions they generally let the candidate talk about their experience and prove themselves.   Answer Question
For top $ you need top certifications.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Interviewed by three people inluding manager. Techincal questions regarding Core Network, EPC, LTE. Feedback is very slow and try to point out negative aspects so they can offer less salary. Be steadfast in your value and demand a higher compensation package. If you dont have a job then your out of luck. Negotiation is tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2011.

I applied online at cisco careers, got a call from the hiring manager about 2 days later. Did a initial phone screening. This was in June, had several email communications on status, then a phone interview with what would have been one of my peers. Few weeks later after several email communications, I was advanced to 3 webex interviews on the same day with Management and Sr Management. All interviews went well, no stress from from anyone except the Sr Manager. Completed background check and references list and official Cisco application. I was told i was one of 2 finalist and the favored. This is now August, and I wait and wait patiently. Then on my follow up email i'm told that the req. was put on hold

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

The interview experience was more than 4 years back and it was very exhaustive. There were multiple rounds of interview including HR, Technical team and management.

Interview Questions
    • there were a lot of situational questions regarding a typical engagement and the toughest & easiest hurdle.   Answer Question
    Negotiate your salary at the time of joining. Not much salary increments after you are on board.

Network Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2013.

Attended the interview in pool campus.
    First round: Written test(20 general aptitude, 30 technical questions)
    Second round was technical(Java basics, Routers, OSI model)(30 min)
    Third Round was managerial and personal questions were asked about my interests and relevant stuffs(15 min)
    Fourth Rround was HR interview(10 min)

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and straight forward. in technical round he started to go deep into modulation techniques.   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and technical at the same time. It was on a webex call so a remote interview. There were 3 technical and one managerial round. The difficulty level of the interviews kept on increasing with the round.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions did check the knowledge on networking. They check your basics as well as advanced networking knowledge and the toughness of the questions increase as you answer more questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I got an internal opportunity to transfer to my current department.
    So the interview is conducted in an internal manner which I believe should be different from an external one.
    The technical lead for the department did an 1-hour technical interview with me and asked me many technical details.
    After this technical interview, another senior member,who is not an engineer, give me an interview to testify my English standard and some other business question.
    Final round is my line manager. I would like to call it a chat rather than an interview because the content of the interview is quite casual and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How do you comment on the working style of Hong Kong? How do you think you can fit into it?   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

some question like what is internet, ask some question about my personnel experience

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2008.

Long and disorganized. There were several rounds of interviews, some with sales engineers, some with managers, some with HR over the phone.

Individually, each person who I spoke with was very professional, and good to deal with. However internally, there appeared to be a lack of communication. I spoke to several HR individuals both within Canada and the US, and none seemed to be aware of the others' work or involvement in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer threatens to rescind a contract based on a breached service level agreement?   Answer Question

I was very excited for the job but ultimately chose to decline the offer - the amount of internal disorganization on the part of HR and the hiring managers was so great, that my visa paperwork only arrived the DAY BEFORE I was supposed to start my training session in the US.

This gave me insufficient time to find accommodations, and I did not have enough time to give my employer at the time sufficient notice of my intention to leave.