Cisco Systems Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.2

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me.recruiter was asking me to not to demand more than so and so pay and the interviewer set up lady , messed up my interview and called me to get ready for interview next day, she kept calling me till late in night for interview next day , I told her to give me few days to prepare ...but she said no we have to decide by Wednesday , your interview must happen tomorrow (tuesday)... so it happened

Interview Questions

• They asked some memory related questions   Answer Question
  • 3 interviewers interviewing you at one time on webex ...not good experience ...interviewers did not pay attention to the prior experience, my previous cisco tac experience ...i thought they did not do justice with me ..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was based off from the information provided in my resume. I was. Asked specifics based on interview position. The final interview consisted of a technical and simple view interview. My interviewers were changed and seemed unprepared outside of typical interview. I was told the interviews were geared to see how I could explain a solution to a problem, but this was only a very small part of the interview.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

Interview

It's a very slow process. First you apply then wait a month for someone to get back despite your contact attempts every other day. In my case I was interviewed and told I did exceptionally well and that I would be meeting with a manager shortly. The next communication I received was the "we regret to inform you" letter. I called the hiring manager to inquire why and that's when I found out that I was lied to. I was interviewed for a position that wasn't available even though I was informed several times during the interview process that it was.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. Know basic networking knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

i went to the career fair and got contact by the hire manager and schedule for a face to face interview the next day. and two on screen interview with two managers after that. it was not that bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Having Cisco certifications matters more to some managers than others. If you do not have the top certifications this may be used against you when negotiating salary.

Interview Questions

• No tough technical questions they generally let the candidate talk about their experience and prove themselves.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For top $ you need top certifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by three people inluding manager. Techincal questions regarding Core Network, EPC, LTE. Feedback is very slow and try to point out negative aspects so they can offer less salary. Be steadfast in your value and demand a higher compensation package. If you dont have a job then your out of luck. Negotiation is tough.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Lawrenceville, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online at cisco careers, got a call from the hiring manager about 2 days later. Did a initial phone screening. This was in June, had several email communications on status, then a phone interview with what would have been one of my peers. Few weeks later after several email communications, I was advanced to 3 webex interviews on the same day with Management and Sr Management. All interviews went well, no stress from from anyone except the Sr Manager. Completed background check and references list and official Cisco application. I was told i was one of 2 finalist and the favored. This is now August, and I wait and wait patiently. Then on my follow up email i'm told that the req. was put on hold

Interview Questions

• Why do I have 2 masters degrees?   1 Answer

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview

The interview experience was more than 4 years back and it was very exhaustive. There were multiple rounds of interview including HR, Technical team and management.

Interview Questions

• there were a lot of situational questions regarding a typical engagement and the toughest & easiest hurdle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary at the time of joining. Not much salary increments after you are on board.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

5 round of interviews. The first was HR, Second and Third was technical, then manager and director. The whole process took around 3 weeks. The questions I have been asked could show how much you understand from the technical depth's perspective. But also could catch whether you do have live experience. If you do know what you've done, the interview is not that hard.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Interview

3 technical interviews, 1 Group Discussion and 1 HR round. Techical is the main part...GD and HR rounds are just formalities. One techinal interview will be solely on projects and internship. Make sure you have a good arsenal of projects to showcase your potential.

Interview Questions

• Will u be pursuing higher studies?   1 Answer