Cisco Systems Network Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions.
Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Network Engineer Interview

i was asked general questions. few rounds were behavioral too.
    it was 2 rounds in all. i was asked about network architecture patterns. why do u think the data layer and all

Network Engineer Interview

Please fix the following errors:
    What was the job title or position?
    Please tell us about the hiring and interview process.
    Please share the most difficult or unexpected question that you were asked in this interview.
    Please let us know the outcome of this interview

Interview Questions
    • Please fix the following errors:
      What was the job title or position?
      Please tell us about the hiring and interview process.
      Please let us know the outcome of this interview
        Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

phone interview and panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Any of the hypothetical questions which are subject to change   View Answer
    It was good and they are a great company

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

1. submit resume online
    2. HR screen and phone interview
    3. Technical phone screen
    4. On-site interview

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Took 7 interviews to receive the offer letter. 4 of which were on the phone. 3 were in person with various members in the team as well as HR. During this time I waited over a month, had various other positions available however waited as Cisco Systems on a resume looks better then some of the other possible positions I could have taken.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were accepted. Basically it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Cisco employees are very courteous and polite. The interview process was not as intimidating as I though it would be. It's hard not to get caught up in how relaxed their enviornment is. Lots of people dressed in shirts and shorts. I was definitely over dressed.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Phone interview, then joint group and individual panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • All straightforward questions, both technical and personal   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2012.

they visited our campus.there was a intial written test,after that there was 3 rounds of interview along with a HR round.most of them were on networking and algorithms

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

The recruiter from Cisco called me for a phone interview.
    Fisrt he asked me the classics from name and what i have studied.Then he asked to describe two technologies that they are in demand nowadays and also to describe to her as he has no previous knowledge with technology and generally with computers and so on.As this position was Support for networking so she wanted to listen a very good description of these technologies in a very simple words.She asked about the pros and cons of skype and to describe her a stressfull activity in my previous company and how i handled it.Another question was,how i was with my colleagues,susch as friendly team player,what is the opinion of these for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation in your previous company   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!