Cisco Systems Network Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was two technical round and one HR round. The interviewer was friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions. Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

i was asked general questions. few rounds were behavioral too. it was 2 rounds in all. i was asked about network architecture patterns. why do u think the data layer and all

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

phone interview and panel interview

Interview Questions

• Any of the hypothetical questions which are subject to change   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good and they are a great company

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

1. submit resume online 2. HR screen and phone interview 3. Technical phone screen 4. On-site interview

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Interview

Took 7 interviews to receive the offer letter. 4 of which were on the phone. 3 were in person with various members in the team as well as HR. During this time I waited over a month, had various other positions available however waited as Cisco Systems on a resume looks better then some of the other possible positions I could have taken.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were accepted. Basically it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Cisco employees are very courteous and polite. The interview process was not as intimidating as I though it would be. It's hard not to get caught up in how relaxed their enviornment is. Lots of people dressed in shirts and shorts. I was definitely over dressed.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They will ask what you have written on resume.Mostly questions on packet flow on l2/l3 protocols.Maximum question will come l2-l7 OSI layers.Should know switching concept thoroughly. Best of luck. Please go through your resume before plan to give interview.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an phone call from HR, invited for an interview. Had interview for approx 2 hrs. Interview were smooth and supportive. Invited for 2nd interview but couldn't go due to offer from other company.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone interview, then joint group and individual panel interview.

Interview Questions

• All straightforward questions, both technical and personal   1 Answer