Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – i was asked general questions. few rounds were behavioral too.
it was 2 rounds in all. i was asked about network architecture patterns. why do u think the data layer and all

Interview Question – walk me through architecture   Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – Took 7 interviews to receive the offer letter. 4 of which were on the phone. 3 were in person with various members in the team as well as HR. During this time I waited over a month, had various other positions available however waited as Cisco Systems on a resume looks better then some of the other possible positions I could have taken.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were accepted. Basically it was a take it or leave it offer.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Please fix the following errors:
What was the job title or position?
Please tell us about the hiring and interview process.
Please share the most difficult or unexpected question that you were asked in this interview.
Please let us know the outcome of this interview

Interview Question – Please fix the following errors:
What was the job title or position?
Please tell us about the hiring and interview process.
Please let us know the outcome of this interview
  Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – phone interview and panel interview

Interview Question – Any of the hypothetical questions which are subject to change   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was good and they are a great company

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – 1. submit resume online
2. HR screen and phone interview
3. Technical phone screen
4. On-site interview

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflicts with your boss?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Cisco employees are very courteous and polite. The interview process was not as intimidating as I though it would be. It's hard not to get caught up in how relaxed their enviornment is. Lots of people dressed in shirts and shorts. I was definitely over dressed.

Interview Question – What is DNS.   Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then joint group and individual panel interview.

Interview Question – All straightforward questions, both technical and personal   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Written test, Psychometric test & Interview

Interview Question – They will ask many questions on Networking & Data structures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – College hire. No negotiations.

Network Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – they visited our campus.there was a intial written test,after that there was 3 rounds of interview along with a HR round.most of them were on networking and algorithms

Interview Question – regarding administrative score in ptrotocals   Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter from Cisco called me for a phone interview.
Fisrt he asked me the classics from name and what i have studied.Then he asked to describe two technologies that they are in demand nowadays and also to describe to her as he has no previous knowledge with technology and generally with computers and so on.As this position was Support for networking so she wanted to listen a very good description of these technologies in a very simple words.She asked about the pros and cons of skype and to describe her a stressfull activity in my previous company and how i handled it.Another question was,how i was with my colleagues,susch as friendly team player,what is the opinion of these for me.

Interview Question – Describe a stressful situation in your previous company   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Network Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.