Cisco Systems Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.3

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Their interview process is long and requires. Lot of work. The company recruiters I worked with were nice but very disorganised. The position I applied for was listed for the San Jose location. When a recruiter called, they told me there were no positions available there, so I said I wasn't interested in relocating. I got a call the next day saying they did have openings in San Jose, so I agreed to go through the interview process. This involved: -a phone call from a recruiter -a first-round phone interview with a manager -preparing a one-page technical document and one non-technical slide to respond to a scenario they gave me. -one half-hour "non-technical" manager interview -one hour technical interview with two technical managers Interviews were both conducted via Webex. The scenario they gave me required a lot of research on my part. The interviews went really well, they all seemed confident I would get the job. The interviewers did not ask about the scenario I had been given or the documents I had prepared, those were uploaded to my candidate profile. The interviewers encouraged me to start learning everything I could to obtain my CCNA certification, because they were sure I would get the position and your first few weeks at Cisco are like "trying to drink from a firehouse" because of all the new information. The interview process took about a month because they had to keep rescheduling interviews due to the managers' busy schedule. After my interviews, the manager asked me to select my location preference from a list. San Jose was not on that list. I responded to the email by saying "I was told San Jose was an option, is that still available?" To which he responded "yes just confirming San Jose is still your preference." That was strange. I was then told I would hear back within a few weeks. After about five weeks I tried getting a hold of my recruiter and didn't hear back for a while. After trying harder to get in contact with him, I was told I was not selected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Just asking some behavior questions and basic technique questions. For example, how to deal with the disagreement with your teammate?what is version control? They also asked some questions related to Python.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Overall process was very thorough and organized. After my resume was submitted by a current employee, I received an email about setting up phone interviews within a few days. Initially interviewed with the Recruiter and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that interview I was asked to speak with 3 potential team members and interview with them. Went to the next round of interviews which was a full day of face-to-face interviews in the NYC office. The face-to-face interviews were one hour each and consisted of meeting with 5 different people, very thorough and exhausting. The offer was extended after the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations? Tell us about a time you encountered conflict and how you managed it? Gave a potential customer situation and asked how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate a higher salary, but was told that the offer was a firm offer.