Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

VPAM Interview

VPAM
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Technical Leader I Interview

Technical Leader I
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Question – A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

IT Services Development Interview

IT Services Development
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process started with a request to walk the interviewer through a detailed analysis of routing from the perspective of a CCNA certification test (they didn't say that, but that is what it was). If you plan to interview, I'd recommend starting there.

Interview Question – I believe there were questions on their load balancing equipment.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Associate Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Question – If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Virtual Sales Account Manager
Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview is 3-4 hrs long.

Phone role play (attached) – each candidate will complete a simulated sales call (not Cisco-focused) with a strict 5 minute time limit
Group meeting & introduction to Inside Sales management team
Q & A with managers
 3: 1-on-1 interviews

Be sure to ask feedback throughout the entry interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?

What is the difference between software and hardware sales?

60 days from now how would you rank against the other new hires?

Do you see yourself as a team leader?

How do you feel about volunteering?

How do you think you did on your cold call?
  Answer Question

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Virtual Sales Account Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend on the vSAM team. After my resume was given to the appropriate person, I had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview - half day process. There were 8 other applicants interviewing at the same time. First up was a role play followed by interviews with six mangers.

Interview Question – I found the role play to be the most anxiety-producing portion but it went well. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cloud Consultant Interview

Cloud Consultant
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – There were a bunch of phone calls.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just a chat on IaaS.   View Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Customer Support Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was tough. Then multiple weeks with no response back from Cisco. It took a month to get a date set for the interview.

Interview Question – Seems that instead of trying to bring people into Cisco, the interviewers job seems to be to find your weakness and make you feel as if you are an idiot. Team of people trying to find out what you don't know instead of what you know. Most uncomfortable interview i was ever on.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay and benefits package.

Services/Software Analyst Interview

Services/Software Analyst
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with agent at Insight Global, within a week I had my first big interview with the Operations Managers of the team I am now on. Following the in person interview I had a follow up phone interview with another BOM, which lead me to my final phone interview with my current boss. The rest is history.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I was asked was why I desired this position at Cisco with no relative background in the company.   View Answer

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!