Cisco Systems

Updated Jan 20, 2015

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.

Technical Leader I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Questions
    • A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question
    None

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question
    Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2014.

I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Questions
    • If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   View Answer
    I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview is 3-4 hrs long.

Phone role play (attached) – each candidate will complete a simulated sales call (not Cisco-focused) with a strict 5 minute time limit
    Group meeting & introduction to Inside Sales management team
    Q & A with managers
     3: 1-on-1 interviews

Be sure to ask feedback throughout the entry interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?

What is the difference between software and hardware sales?

60 days from now how would you rank against the other new hires?

Do you see yourself as a team leader?

How do you feel about volunteering?

How do you think you did on your cold call?

Answer Question

VPAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
    Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
    Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
    As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
    All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Questions

Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

There were a bunch of phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just a chat on IaaS.   View Answer

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

I was referred by a friend on the vSAM team. After my resume was given to the appropriate person, I had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview - half day process. There were 8 other applicants interviewing at the same time. First up was a role play followed by interviews with six mangers.

Interview Questions
    • I found the role play to be the most anxiety-producing portion but it went well. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

Found out about position through word of mouth from former manager. Recommendations from current and former Cisco employees is key since cultural fit is very, very important for new hires. Basic competency - ability to do the job - can be discovered pretty quickly. What cannot, and what is very important at Cisco, is "Can I work with this person?" You don't get in the door if you don't already have impressive accomplishments, grades, or recommendations. That fulfills the baseline expectation for candidates. After that it comes down to cultural and team fit.

Straightforward, matter of fact. I knew the budget for the position going in and simply worked within that.

Relationship Manager/Operations Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview with a peer, then a face to face panel interview with management, followed by a second face to face panel interview. It was clear from the interviews Cisco held a high standard and the work would be highly demanding. Culture was casual and fun, focused on collaboration and innovation.

Interview Questions
    • I was required to present slides for the second panel interview to demonstrate my presentation skills.   Answer Question