Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was approached by the hiring Director who found me through Linkedin. The whole interview process was smooth and pleasant. I have nothing but good experience with it. Interviewers were very professional and fair. I was offered competitive salary and benefits. Onboarding process was nicely done.

Interview Question – All easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in person interviews with about 5 people at the HQ in San Jose. Everyone seemed nice and happy that I was interviewing for the position. I was the only person on the team with my specific product and technology background. The BU "marketing" people were engineers that didn't place much value or understand marketing.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was referred by internal Cisco contact and contacted by recruiter. After calling recruiter back twice she responded and set up the initial interview. Had one interview with hiring manager. Waited two weeks and called recruiter, who had no information, but within an hour had asked an assistant to set up further interviews for three days later.. Total of three phone interviews with team members. Overall interviews were not challenging. Very conversational. The challenge was that the recruiter did not respond at all, causing the process to drag on as I heard no response at all.

Interview Question – What is your 90 day plan? What is your view of this role? Why Cisco? What do you know about this technology?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Marketing job with emphasis on technical background, presentation and interaction with team.

Interview Questions

• Competitive analysis presentation in 2 days   Answer Question
  • pick a product of your choice and describe how you would sell it to business decision maker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Product Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.