Cisco Systems

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by the HR person, then the manager, then the whole management team (about 6 people).

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – phone screen and one visit on site

Interview Question – whether I really wanted to do this kind of work??   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for

Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2011.

Interview Details – Work as a contractor at Cisco and have interviewed for 6 roles in the past 10 years. Each contract has been approx 2 years. Hiring process for contractors is fairly easy.

Interview Question – Why are you not full time at Cisco.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Cisco had a freeze on GC applications at the time.
I was being sponsored by my contracting vendor so stayed with them.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 8 people

Interview Question – So why would a customer care about what you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To the company's credit, it surprisingly took under a month. But that was close to 10 years ago, I have seen the process for others really start to drag out.

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2009.

Interview Details – Good process for employees coming in through an acquisition.

Interview Question – After working for a small company, how do you feel now about working for a large company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Came over at existing salary from acquired company.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Overall I was impressed with the interview process. Everyone I spoke with-- some involved in this process, some not--spoke quite highly of Cisco and their corporate culture. I found the interviewers to be knowledgeable and well spoken. Questions were straight forward and directed at finding out my qualifications in more detail. After applying on the Cisco job board, I received a request to answer seven job-related questions. One week later I conducted my first phone interview, followed one week later by two phone interviews on the same day. One frustration was that each interviewer had one or more recruiters which added a bit of confusion, especially when they changed in the middle of coordinating a date.

Interview Question – Tell me about a complex challenge you encountered and the process/tools you utilized to overcome it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – It starts with phone interview to screen. Then you will talk with 4-5 team members. Be prepared to have WebEx meeting with video.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who had a different working style than you.   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Met with a couple of different hiring managers who were in competition to hire me. This was back in the days of the dot com boom. Interview questions were behavioral-based but also included asking for my opinion on strategic business decisions.

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The interview process at cisco usually goes through interviewing with 3-4 members of the group that is hiring. Some one you would be working with directly, sometimes the VP or Director, an Adjacent to the group manager or cross functional teams or HR.

Interview Question – Didn't really have any, most of the time it was just straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and that's something I enjoyed working with Cisco.

San Jose, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager, she provided a clear understanding of the job objectives.
I later met with the PM who I'd be working with.

The process went very smoothly

Interview Question – How would you implement Change Mangement concepts in a agile environment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, because of my extensive bacground and what they were looking for, I was able to ask for a little more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.