Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Initial screening, phone interviews and face to face interview by a panel of 3-4 full time employees and managers. Selection process is pretty good. Only a small percentage of candidates get selected for face to face interviews. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Internally hired from another area of the company. There were no unexpected or unusual questions posed. It was more difficult coming into the company from outside since there was more than one interview in that process.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

phone screen and one visit on site

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Found out about position through word of mouth from former manager. Recommendations from current and former Cisco employees is key since cultural fit is very, very important for new hires. Basic competency - ability to do the job - can be discovered pretty quickly. What cannot, and what is very important at Cisco, is "Can I work with this person?" You don't get in the door if you don't already have impressive accomplishments, grades, or recommendations. That fulfills the baseline expectation for candidates. After that it comes down to cultural and team fit.

Negotiation

Straightforward, matter of fact. I knew the budget for the position going in and simply worked within that.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Was interviewed by 8 people

Interview Questions

• So why would a customer care about what you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

To the company's credit, it surprisingly took under a month. But that was close to 10 years ago, I have seen the process for others really start to drag out.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It starts with phone interview to screen. Then you will talk with 4-5 team members. Be prepared to have WebEx meeting with video.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who had a different working style than you.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Overall I was impressed with the interview process. Everyone I spoke with-- some involved in this process, some not--spoke quite highly of Cisco and their corporate culture. I found the interviewers to be knowledgeable and well spoken. Questions were straight forward and directed at finding out my qualifications in more detail. After applying on the Cisco job board, I received a request to answer seven job-related questions. One week later I conducted my first phone interview, followed one week later by two phone interviews on the same day. One frustration was that each interviewer had one or more recruiters which added a bit of confusion, especially when they changed in the middle of coordinating a date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex challenge you encountered and the process/tools you utilized to overcome it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Met with a couple of different hiring managers who were in competition to hire me. This was back in the days of the dot com boom. Interview questions were behavioral-based but also included asking for my opinion on strategic business decisions.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process at cisco usually goes through interviewing with 3-4 members of the group that is hiring. Some one you would be working with directly, sometimes the VP or Director, an Adjacent to the group manager or cross functional teams or HR.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any, most of the time it was just straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward and that's something I enjoyed working with Cisco.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, she provided a clear understanding of the job objectives.
    I later met with the PM who I'd be working with.

The process went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• How would you implement Change Mangement concepts in a agile environment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, because of my extensive bacground and what they were looking for, I was able to ask for a little more.