Cisco Systems Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

23 interviews

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

A lot of specific technical questions to see if you know what you are doing from others in the position. Hiring manager more concerned with past experience and other "soft" skills. Most people have good interviewing skills although an I/C asked me for my salary requirements, which I though was inappropriate. (I stated that it was best left at the time I was made a job offer, but everything is negotiable.)

Interview Questions
  • What kind of salary are you looking for? It would have been okay from management, but I got it from an I/C which I really didn't like.

Lot of questions on SCRUM/Agile, willingness to work over time etc.
      Answer Question
Job offer was made. Got an "off-the-record" offer from the hiring manager. Had to interview with HR, before the compensation package was finalized.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2013.

Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

it was simple process, 3 interviews followed by hr round and then offer

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Many Interviews at multiple levels were imposed in order to make sure the right person was chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • A very advanced test of proposal documentation skills.   Answer Question
    Very fast and fair.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Its st. forward you get call for scheduling an interview and then two rounds of telephonic interview and then onsite interview for complete day. Post that HR will call and discuss about the compensation.

Interview Questions
    • real time scenarios and how did you overcome the difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2009.

Very quick. The hiring manager was out of state. We spoke about 1.5 hrs. I spoke with 2 additional team members. Met the director who was local. There after I was given an offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage being over budget on a project   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

I had two rounds of phone interviews followed by a multi-stage in-person interview session. The phone interviews were standard stuff. The in person interviews were well thought out and definitely more than a formality - some interviewers were fairly challenging. Overall the people were great and the impression I got was that Cisco is a vibrant, churning environment where an industrious and enterprising person can find a rewarding niche to shine in.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you' would be satisfied working for Cisco?   View Answer

I had another offer that I preferred.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2012.

Phone Interview requested by recruiter., then face to face after passing initial phone screen.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I had pre-sales or channel partner experience and responded that I didnt. However, my experience in working with Bus Dev Managers would be helpful in getting up to speed with their product offerings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Initially contacted by recruiter, who performed the first phone screening, followed by a phone screening from someone at Cisco, followed by a third phone screening by the hiring manager. I was then asked to come on site for face to face interviews, which consisted of a panel interview of three engineers, then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. No behavioral questions like some interviewers mention, but definitely a lot of questions to see how well I would fit in at Cisco.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!