Cisco Systems

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Many Interviews at multiple levels were imposed in order to make sure the right person was chosen for the position.

Interview Question – A very advanced test of proposal documentation skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fast and fair.

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Question – Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Its st. forward you get call for scheduling an interview and then two rounds of telephonic interview and then onsite interview for complete day. Post that HR will call and discuss about the compensation.

Interview Question – real time scenarios and how did you overcome the difficult situation.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very quick. The hiring manager was out of state. We spoke about 1.5 hrs. I spoke with 2 additional team members. Met the director who was local. There after I was given an offer

Interview Question – How do you manage being over budget on a project   View Answer

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of phone interviews followed by a multi-stage in-person interview session. The phone interviews were standard stuff. The in person interviews were well thought out and definitely more than a formality - some interviewers were fairly challenging. Overall the people were great and the impression I got was that Cisco is a vibrant, churning environment where an industrious and enterprising person can find a rewarding niche to shine in.

Interview Question – What makes you think you' would be satisfied working for Cisco?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer that I preferred.

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview requested by recruiter., then face to face after passing initial phone screen.

Interview Question – Asked if I had pre-sales or channel partner experience and responded that I didnt. However, my experience in working with Bus Dev Managers would be helpful in getting up to speed with their product offerings.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter, who performed the first phone screening, followed by a phone screening from someone at Cisco, followed by a third phone screening by the hiring manager. I was then asked to come on site for face to face interviews, which consisted of a panel interview of three engineers, then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. No behavioral questions like some interviewers mention, but definitely a lot of questions to see how well I would fit in at Cisco.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the Cloud?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received notice from HR resume would be sent to hiring manager. HR contacted me by email stating I had been selected for an interview. Interview lasted thirty minutes (slightly more as hiring manager advised he had more time). I was advised that the hiring process could involve at minimum five more interviews.

Interview Questions

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter arranged telephonic interview, Manager asked about pm experience, PM concepts, real life situations.

Interview Question – As a PMP what do you bring to the table if we hire you ?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional interview. The questions asked were straightforward and a decision was made very quickly. Since Cisco needed this position pretty badly, they introduced me to the platform and that was that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not really. Tips? See if you can negotiate with the recruiter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.