Cisco Systems Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Well rounded, and helpful. 4 step process from 2 phone call interviews to 2 on site interview. Meet with multiple team members and future supervisor. Recruiting company was helpful getting all paperwork handled. Hiring process was little long but worth the wait. Team was very helpful getting me up to speed and making me feel at home.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Project Manager Interview

Interview

it was simple process, 3 interviews followed by hr round and then offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Questions

• Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Its st. forward you get call for scheduling an interview and then two rounds of telephonic interview and then onsite interview for complete day. Post that HR will call and discuss about the compensation.

Interview Questions

• real time scenarios and how did you overcome the difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview requested by recruiter., then face to face after passing initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had pre-sales or channel partner experience and responded that I didnt. However, my experience in working with Bus Dev Managers would be helpful in getting up to speed with their product offerings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter, who performed the first phone screening, followed by a phone screening from someone at Cisco, followed by a third phone screening by the hiring manager. I was then asked to come on site for face to face interviews, which consisted of a panel interview of three engineers, then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. No behavioral questions like some interviewers mention, but definitely a lot of questions to see how well I would fit in at Cisco.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Received notice from HR resume would be sent to hiring manager. HR contacted me by email stating I had been selected for an interview. Interview lasted thirty minutes (slightly more as hiring manager advised he had more time). I was advised that the hiring process could involve at minimum five more interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

I had two rounds of phone interviews followed by a multi-stage in-person interview session. The phone interviews were standard stuff. The in person interviews were well thought out and definitely more than a formality - some interviewers were fairly challenging. Overall the people were great and the impression I got was that Cisco is a vibrant, churning environment where an industrious and enterprising person can find a rewarding niche to shine in.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you' would be satisfied working for Cisco?   1 Answer

I had another offer that I preferred.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Recruiter arranged telephonic interview, Manager asked about pm experience, PM concepts, real life situations.

Interview Questions

• As a PMP what do you bring to the table if we hire you ?   Answer Question