Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Initially it was a phone screen to get an idea whether or not it would be good to proceed with the interview process. The phone screen was also an opportunity to describe the position to me so that I could determine if it's a role I would be interested in should the interview process continue. The first interview was with a panel of a few managers. Once I progressed I was interviewed by senior management. The interview process included verifying the items on my resume as well as talking openly about accomplishments and general methods of management. They really tried to get a feel for how I deal with different difficult situations as well as the day to day management of technical resources. The senior leadership tried to apply pressure to see how I react and whether or not I was easily shaken.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to figure out if you are honest or would be willing to bend your character for the sake of the company. They do not hire dishonest people so even when pressured it is a bad idea to be dishonest. Example: If you were presenting a monthly review to a customer and you know that your metrics are not up to par but you have already taken care of the support gap, wouldn't it be OK in that situation to fudge the numbers just a little and avoid a potential customer escalation or financial penalty?   1 Answer

Technical Leader I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Questions

• A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

2 phone calls. Typical for my level of experience. Then accept contract via Experis. Fe fi fo fum this is just not realistic but I'll type in 40 words to keep you satisfied. You should let me out of this experience unless you just are new to on-line interviewing.

Interview Questions

• technical knowledge of service supply chain an Oracle SQL experience and knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What?! Describe your question.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Questions

• If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.

VPAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions. Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line. Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones. As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way. All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Questions

Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

There were a bunch of phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Just a chat on IaaS.   1 Answer

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend on the vSAM team. After my resume was given to the appropriate person, I had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview - half day process. There were 8 other applicants interviewing at the same time. First up was a role play followed by interviews with six mangers.

Interview Questions

• I found the role play to be the most anxiety-producing portion but it went well. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Relationship Manager/Operations Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview with a peer, then a face to face panel interview with management, followed by a second face to face panel interview. It was clear from the interviews Cisco held a high standard and the work would be highly demanding. Culture was casual and fun, focused on collaboration and innovation.

Interview Questions

• I was required to present slides for the second panel interview to demonstrate my presentation skills.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I completed a phone screen with HR which was followed by a day-long interview onsite with a panel of managers. Many of the questions were not technical in nature but were sales situational in nature.

Interview Questions

• "I hate mini-vans but I want you to sell me one anyway."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was more than fair and the benefits package was above normal for my region and field of expertise.

Services/Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with agent at Insight Global, within a week I had my first big interview with the Operations Managers of the team I am now on. Following the in person interview I had a follow up phone interview with another BOM, which lead me to my final phone interview with my current boss. The rest is history.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was why I desired this position at Cisco with no relative background in the company.   1 Answer