Cisco Systems

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Services/Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2013.

I had an initial interview with agent at Insight Global, within a week I had my first big interview with the Operations Managers of the team I am now on. Following the in person interview I had a follow up phone interview with another BOM, which lead me to my final phone interview with my current boss. The rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was why I desired this position at Cisco with no relative background in the company.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2013.

call from recruiter. had 2technical interviews one for java and other for sql skills. and then on site interview with team members and manager

IT Services Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

The process started with a request to walk the interviewer through a detailed analysis of routing from the perspective of a CCNA certification test (they didn't say that, but that is what it was). If you plan to interview, I'd recommend starting there.

Interview Questions
    • I believe there were questions on their load balancing equipment.   Answer Question

Software/QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Not hugely difficult, people mostly asked me about my background and why I wanted the job. One final guy "grilled" me by asking me to explain in great detail my most recent coding project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Team members conduct phone interview and then some of the team members will meet and interview the candidate on site. Team members have more say than the management in hiring a candidate.

No negotiation when I got hired.

AS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2012.

Two lengthy telephone interviews. Another phone interview with contracting company. Provided work examples. Easy and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions
    • None...everything that was asked was expected and everything I asked was answered.   Answer Question
    I told them what I was making (history) and they gave me an even better amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2012.

An agency contacted me about my resume on an online job seeking site. The staffing agency finds interview candidates for Cisco and prepare them to be as good a candidate as possible. My agency went above and beyond in preparing me and informing me on the interview process and what to expect. The process took very long on Cisco's end, but I soon had an in-person interview at Cisco, which I studied for for two days, reviewing all of my CCNA material and the preliminary questions the agency asked me over the phone. Overall, I over-studied and nailed every question in the interview. I was surprised at how easy the interview was for me.

Interview Questions
    Pay was determined by an agency, who offered me only $12/ hour at my initial team with promises of a raise the moment I moved to my permanent team. I had very little experience besides a paid internship, but I did have a CCNA certification, which I have noticed few people at my level of support have. In my experience, agencies always offer low with promises of a raise very soon. I encourage anyone negotiating to ask for what they believe they deserve listing their strengths and see what they can negotiate.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

The character and soft skills seemed to go very well, but the technical content was surprisingly tough. As one might expect, I theorize there is a minimum level of networking skill for anything beyond an entry position. Overall, I think the process was very good, but the areas where more focus would be helpful to my application are pretty clear to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2012.

Well my cisco journey began with an email from the TAC member on May24th. JUL 20th and I was contacted by this TAC had an 1hr 30min interview with him. Then I was contacted by a engineer and had a 15min interview now all I have left is 2 interviews.

HTTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Conducted by phone call with two rounds interview.