Cisco Systems

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions.
    Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative - Cloud Networking Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2014.

After my initial contact, their recruiter called me and explained the process they would like to move forward with. This was a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with a hiring manager, then 4 in-person interviews all scheduled back to back. After doing well with the recruiter's interview, he made sure i was well prepped for my other interviews. The process was straight forward, very fast, and the recruiter kept me in the loop at all times.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked "What is my greatest professional achievement?" by almost every person I interviewed with. Either I kept doing poorly on it and they were asking because I failed the question in the previous interview, or it's extremely important them. Everything was pretty straight forward and they didn't try to catch me off guard.   Answer Question
    They told me the pay range in advance, asked how much I was comfortable with, then offered me the top of the pay range.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2012.

I had an on-campus interview, went pretty good and was mostly analytical questions and algorithms questions. Then I had a phone interview, very technical and detailed, but the guy was helpful. At the end, the HR said you've got positive feedback on your interviews and we'll let you know when we've openings, which they didn't

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising, but the guy did ask about everything related to networking fundamentals and C++   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Process started with a relaxed phone interview from a recruiter. Pretty basic questions about my background and what I like. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager was next. Questions were about my background, why I left my previous company, and other questions to gauge my thought process. Next was a phone interview with a team mate of the position that I applied for. Questions involved my knowledge and interests in Databases. None of the questions were hard. More leaning towards figuring out my interest in DBA work and compatibility. Next I was called in for an on-site interview. Each of the team members took turns interviewing me. Questions were a mix of technical questions and questions about how i would handle certain situations. Interviews lasted half a day. Each of the team members were really nice and gracious.

Roughly four weeks later, i was told that the position that I applied for was no longer open due to BU needs.

Interview Questions
    • What is the command that lists what files were currently in use?   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

The recruiter from the cisco system called me and set up an interview. 2 days later got the got and all basic hr questions were asked and then she asked me to send her resume once again so that she can forward it to hiring manager. later the recruiter told me that another recruiter will call me as she was going on vacation but I never got the call and 1 week later when she was back from vacation she told me that she will contact me and give me updates on the position. again 1 week and dint hear from her and then finally i emailed her and then she is telling me that hiring manager think there are better candidates then you. overall i just had to wait and wait.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Cisco employees are very courteous and polite. The interview process was not as intimidating as I though it would be. It's hard not to get caught up in how relaxed their enviornment is. Lots of people dressed in shirts and shorts. I was definitely over dressed.