Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview, went pretty good and was mostly analytical questions and algorithms questions. Then I had a phone interview, very technical and detailed, but the guy was helpful. At the end, the HR said you've got positive feedback on your interviews and we'll let you know when we've openings, which they didn't

Interview Question – Nothing surprising, but the guy did ask about everything related to networking fundamentals and C++   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Cisco employees are very courteous and polite. The interview process was not as intimidating as I though it would be. It's hard not to get caught up in how relaxed their enviornment is. Lots of people dressed in shirts and shorts. I was definitely over dressed.

Interview Question – What is DNS.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Process started with a relaxed phone interview from a recruiter. Pretty basic questions about my background and what I like. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager was next. Questions were about my background, why I left my previous company, and other questions to gauge my thought process. Next was a phone interview with a team mate of the position that I applied for. Questions involved my knowledge and interests in Databases. None of the questions were hard. More leaning towards figuring out my interest in DBA work and compatibility. Next I was called in for an on-site interview. Each of the team members took turns interviewing me. Questions were a mix of technical questions and questions about how i would handle certain situations. Interviews lasted half a day. Each of the team members were really nice and gracious.

Roughly four weeks later, i was told that the position that I applied for was no longer open due to BU needs.

Interview Question – What is the command that lists what files were currently in use?   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter from the cisco system called me and set up an interview. 2 days later got the got and all basic hr questions were asked and then she asked me to send her resume once again so that she can forward it to hiring manager. later the recruiter told me that another recruiter will call me as she was going on vacation but I never got the call and 1 week later when she was back from vacation she told me that she will contact me and give me updates on the position. again 1 week and dint hear from her and then finally i emailed her and then she is telling me that hiring manager think there are better candidates then you. overall i just had to wait and wait.

Interview Question – which books did u refer for networking   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!