Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 5, 2014

278 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

It starts with phone interview to screen. Then you will talk with 4-5 team members. Be prepared to have WebEx meeting with video.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who had a different working style than you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Initial phone screen and 3 rounds of webex interviews. all are technical. more programming and collections in java.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

I applied for a Technical Lead position. Had 2 round of interviews, all very standard questions on explaining your projects and some basic C questions on linked lists.
    Got offer within a week of the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Depth first search of graph for finding fastest path in a 2-d matrix of 1s and 0s, where 0s meant path is available.   Answer Question

Offer was very low, and grade was not as advertised in job position.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

I had call form requiter, he submit me for position of Network admin, with requirements of network, and it was in job description that Linux and Python knowledge would be a plus. They made me in person interview 2 days after submission. I had interview with manager of the lab, and the most questions was about script programming. Day after the interview, I got feedback that they need somebody with strong scripting knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • About script programming because that was less important requirement in the job descrption   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

First got connected by the manager. Then one tech phone interview following another 5 rounds phone interview. No on-site for me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

You can apply at any time for an Associate Systems Engineer position in the US, but they typically only do two interview days each year, sometimes only one. They typically occur around October-November and April-May. Applicants for the Sales Associates Program must be less than 2 years out of college as well, so if you're beyond that, talk to a recruiter about other opportunities available.

Leading up to the interview day, there are typically two steps to trim down the applicant pool: a short 2-minute video submission on a given topic, and a virtual video interview with someone. These may be reversed depending on when/where you apply. The video interview is typically with someone who has gone through the training program before, and it's fairly informal.

About 20-30 applicants are invited to the interview days on-site at either North Carolina or San Jose if you're applying for a US position, and typically last from about 9am to 4-5pm. A couple activities to expect are a written technical skills test, a behavioral interview with 1-3 interviewers, a role-playing sales interview, and a presentation on a topic they give you in advance. If you make it through all of this and are extended an offer, you should hear back in a week or two.

Overall I felt the interview was a good test of skills needed for the job/training program. If you enjoy the interview process, you will probably enjoy the program. If you felt the interviews or questions were silly, this probably isn't a good job for you.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part for me was during the presentation. Don't be surprised if someone intentionally stops paying attention (i.e. starts checking their e-mail on their phone). They want to see how you handle it.   Answer Question
    There's not much salary negotiation to be had in this program. Each year the training group's salary is set, and it's the same for everyone. Your re-location package might be up for debate, but I felt mine was generous and didn't argue it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

A member of my business network contacted me about positions Cisco was looking to fill. I had 9 interviews (face to face, and phone) with future subordinates, peers, hiring manager, VP, EVP, and HR. The interviews were both behaviorally and technically based. The people were brilliant, extremely hardworking, collegial and ambitious. They had deep belief in and loyalty to the company. The culture was focussed, customer driven, and values based. Despite the extremely demanding hiring and interview process (and I got off light with only 9 interviews, typically it was a minimum of 12) it was the best company I ever worked for.

Interview Questions
    • Define an Internet strategy (from a business, industry as well as technological perspective) for F100 customer appropriate for the CXO-level.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2013.

One phone screening by recruiter and then 2 interviews onsite..

Phone screening with recruiter was easy. He just asked about job experience, compensation current & expected, immigration requirement, location etc..

Had 2 interviews f2f.

Interview Questions
    • What is the latest feedback you have received from your manager (or anyone) ?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a bit and was fruitful. Try to negotiate initially if possible.

Embedded Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

A telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • Everything is from Data structures and algorithms and few behavioral questions.   View Answer