Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

1) 1-2 Phone Screening
    2) normally 1 round of Technical On-site Interview with 4-6 Engineers. Questions ranging from Coding to Solving Design problem including Behavior Interviews.
    3) at time there maybe 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• C-coding: ranging from atomic operation(s) to strings/pointers manipulations, little/big Indians, algorithms.   1 Answer

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Need to meet with various department heads to discuss qualifications. Each department head had their list of questions that pertained to their areas and how well you were qualified. There was also a desire to understand if you were are self starter and were willing to work through road blocks.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Cisco versus some of the hotter technology companies   Answer Question

CCNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very Friendly and helped a lot by clearing up several chapters,
    they also kept me at a right pace where i didn't feel pressured.
     The staff was experienced and knew what they were talking about and i had a great time working with them.

Forecast Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Was pretty strenuous but fun.

Negotiation

pretty usual, handled by an HR consulting firm

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

was a contract position, found the intervier quite rude and arrogant who was bad mouthing the company

Liferay Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Straight to the point, very technical with questions on Performance issues in Liferay Portal and how to resolve them. The interveiw lasted for barely 30 minutes, but was to the point. Decision made right away with the feed back in less than 1/2 hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract, initially for 6 weeks, to be extended further based on performance. Excellent hourly rate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Went through a couple rounds of interview both on the phone and in person. Great and friendly interviewers. Asked general behavioral questions and gave an extensive review of the company and what the role would entail.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was on campus for a day. They did not even fly me to the Bay Area, I had to purchase my own ticket. It was purely technical.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Just one round of on campus interview. Was interviewed by 2 managers simultaneously and the interview lasted for 50 minutes. Questions were based on past experience and basic programming concepts. I was asked to code in any language I was comfortable in. Got the letter of intent on the same day and offer letter after a month.

Americas Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met several people at their Career Fairs and Information Sessions. Received a first round interview at our campus. It was mainly behavioral. Then I had the opportunity to go their San Jose Campus for a Superday. Four-30 minute interviews that were primarily behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was Cisco's 2012 revenue?
      What is Cisco's share price today?

1 Answer