Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I first had a phone interview where I spoke with two people for about 30 min. This call was fairly simple where they wanted to get my view on my skills, education and experience and how it would relate to the job expectations. That was followed by a group in-person interview with about three people. This lasted about an hour and they went into more depth about the position, the group and the functions of the organization as a whole. The final interview was then scheduled with the hiring manager and director of the group. The questions here were targeted towards confirming if I was indeed the right person for the position. How would I feel if X happened . . . what is your comfort level with X . . . how would you describe yourself, etc. I believe they were trying to determine how well I would integrate with the team, etc.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were pretty traditional in scope with no surprises or "hard questions" from my perpsective. They want details, clear examples of what your accomplishments, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very satisfactory to me although I did negotiate for a bit higher salary.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had a 7 person panel interview, followed by an interview by HR at 9:30 p.m. HR offered an excessively low salary (less than half of my previous salary), and when I informed HR of that, their response was "Well, maybe this isn't where you want to work, then."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cisco was very arrogant in their HR/negotiation process, and came in with very low salaries, confident that their stock options were a huge draw; wheras the stock price dropped immediately after being hired, and never recovered (for 12 years!), which made compensation extremely low, and Cisco never tried to correct that.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

phone screen and one visit on site

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First over the phone interview was basic behavioral based questions and experience related qualifications. Second over the phone interview was higher quality more personal questions about my character and life experiences. Mandatory creative video cover letter - bare directions of what they want, would like you to be very creative and show your personality. Lastly there is a role play assessment where you play the role of an account manager who is conducting a first encounter sales meeting. Intro (confirm time for meeting, build rapport) Needs identification (qualifying questions), Product or service presentation, Close

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales? Why do you want to work for Cisco? What personal experiences have you had that developed your leadership skills? List 5 words that your peers of colleagues would use to describe you.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

1) 1-2 Phone Screening 2) normally 1 round of Technical On-site Interview with 4-6 Engineers. Questions ranging from Coding to Solving Design problem including Behavior Interviews. 3) at time there maybe 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• C-coding: ranging from atomic operation(s) to strings/pointers manipulations, little/big Indians, algorithms.   1 Answer

CCNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very Friendly and helped a lot by clearing up several chapters, they also kept me at a right pace where i didn't feel pressured. The staff was experienced and knew what they were talking about and i had a great time working with them.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Need to meet with various department heads to discuss qualifications. Each department head had their list of questions that pertained to their areas and how well you were qualified. There was also a desire to understand if you were are self starter and were willing to work through road blocks.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Cisco versus some of the hotter technology companies   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

multiple rounds, tough interview process, the interview process included panel interview. The questions were about the past experience and regarding current job requirement. I was asked multiple times if I understand the job requirement and examples of my past experiences to tell my story.

Forecast Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Was pretty strenuous but fun.

Negotiation

pretty usual, handled by an HR consulting firm

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

was a contract position, found the intervier quite rude and arrogant who was bad mouthing the company