Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Knowing That I was a 3rd year undergrad, both interviewers spent 15min describing their life accomplishments. Then after some brief technical discussions I was asked to implement dijkstra on the board. Even though I did my best to attempt it, no hints were given, I was left alone multiple times, and then I was escorted out the building.

HALT TEST ENGINEERING Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process involved phone screening by the hiring manager and and two or more technical experts. After conducting the phone interview, a decision is made whether to bring in the candidate for a face to interview. The secretary schedule the interview via the staffing agency.
    About four to five interviews are scheduled to talk to the candidate.

Each interviewer ask the candidate questions of varying degree of difficulty to test the candidate knowledge of the subject matter; psychological behavioral testing to see if the candidate will adapt to the company method of operations.

At the end the interviews compare notes and make a recommendation to the hiring manager.
    The candidate some times is brought back to finalize the interview with a job offer and tentative start date.

Interview Questions

• Methods Used to Qualify Printed Wiring Circuit Board, Material Property of PWB,
      What is HALT, Differentiate HALT from HASS

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview took place through a video chat over Cisco's webEx software. It was quite brief as the interviewer only had 15 minutes, so she delved right into details about my skills. For the software engineer intern, the interviewer asked about programming, networking experience, and web design such as html. Almost no discussion of personality or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect out of this internship?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to the interview through university recruiting. Cisco invited me to an interview. The entire interview was behavioural and at the end was told that this would be the final interview. I was quite shocked there was no technical side, came as both a shock and concern. After two weeks i get a email requesting to touch back. They asked whether I would be fine doing a test validation position instead. I declined, saying that I only was looking for software development.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your resume?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by 2 Cisco employees at the University. The interview lasted for about 55 mins. Questions were completely based on the resume. No in depth technical questions were asked. The questions were about the various projects written in the resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially got an interview through an employee referral and interviewed with a senior engineering manager of an ASIC design team. The manager asked me about various things about the C++ programming language as well as my knowledge about scripting and VLSI. He also tested me on my problem solving and communication skills in an engineering setting in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Rigorous process with several engineers & managers. Several technical & managerial questions were asked. Technical questions dealt with both wired & wireless networking and also mesh network technology.

Interview was conducted over a period of several days with both teams from the wired and wireless networking divisions and also involved an in depth discussion with the Test Director.

Interview Questions

• Wireless Protocols- Security, Power Save etc   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a on campus school interview, where I applied through the university. The person I interviewed with was really friendly, but I was quite nervous so I wasn't confident in the things I said. Just make sure you have the outlook of "I'm going to learn even if I don't know"

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and walk through how you solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, Spoke with all the members of the team.
    They revived me on different aspects of my experience
    Technical knowledge
    Domain Expertise
    Problem solving and people handling.
    As a lead role the company is looking for some one whose had prior experience leading people.
    The Manager kept me informed and the process was smooth but a little length one.