Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 5, 2014

310 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Saw job listings in newspaper. Registered online for a job. Got the call and met with the hiring manager first. Then I was called back for interviews with engineering management. I received the standard offer letter which I was required to sign.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was what I would consider as standard. We went back and forth one time on details like additional vacation and stock options. Start date seemed like it was important to them. I wanted to wait, but they wanted me to join by a certain date for insurance purposes. No discussions about telework happened until I found out there were others doing it.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Was very well planned and simple, I got an on campus interview call, it was scheduled for 3 days after the phone call. Interview was mainly about systems and networking.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Pretty smooth. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and team member. Then onsite with members of team. Very pleasant attitude. More a discussion of past projects and current technologies. Recruiter was pretty prompt and easy to communicate with. Had a chance to speak with the director as well before accepting offer. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly about past experience and project details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

had 10 hours of interview 5 hours each. questions were not difficult everything in the areas of data structures, OS fundamentals and c programming. Interviewed for development engineer and the its a 1:1 type interview where each interviewer spends 1 hr with me. They started asking C-programming questions the 2nd minute itself. all the interviewers are really nice and friendly, except one person who acted very weird, showing attitude as if Cisco is standing just because of him, working on his laptop, replying emails, saying "shoot..", come on.. etc etc . I did not had a mood to answer him.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager sitting next to me and asking me to write a c program on his laptop, which I did not expect.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Came in through the 2007 choice program. Met a recruiter at university, had a 1:1 interview, then was scheduled to come on-site to interview with 3 engineers. The questions were very easy probably because they wanted to get younger people into the company.

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I was located remotely. One round of HR + One round with hiring managers ( 2 of them) + 7 rounds of in person interviews. The actual interviews were not very tough since I have relevant experience. Hence was able to talk about the process issues etc demonstrating my knowledge. Back to back 7 hrs in one day was exhausting with you locked in one conference room and the next interviewer waiting to start before you are done with the current.

Over all it was a good experience and I took the job.

Interview Questions
    • Three scenarios of dealing with difficult stakeholders. how did you deal with them and how would you do it now if you have to do the same now, how would you deal.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2014.

Phone interview first followed by legal issues I was contacted via linked-in and responded to an email which was followed by a request for resume and a phone interview with recruiter and then I spoke to another person and then I was neither denied nor offered a position but put on hold

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

They scheduled an in person interview at their San Jose office after very quick phone interview. At the interview, they described the job and went through my resume. They did not ask any technical questions because they expect entry level employees to learn on the job. There weren't any hard behavioral questions either. It seems like what mattered was whether the team likes you and would want to work with you.