Cisco Systems

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process took about two weeks. There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview. The second round was with four people but the questions were very basic related to programming. Not much to do on whiteboad

Interview Question – create a binary tree   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Interview Question – Everything went pretty smooth.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxing. The interviewer was clearly having a sleepy day and was dozing off most of the time. I am sorry that he still had to spend 30 minutes interviewing me. I felt no pressure and had a comfortable conversation with him.

Interview Question – He asked me how I dealt with conflict with/between my teammates.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Question – Just basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – Three separate interviews with engineers, manager, and directors. Each session spend about 30 minutes. Engineers will ask some technical questions. Manager and Directors will ask some experience and personality questions.

Interview Question – Name 10 design criteria that you used in the hardware developments   Answer Question

NPI Program Manager Interview

NPI Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Ask them to describe the role, job description and ideal candidate. Interviewing process can take a few weeks or months. You may meet with peers, internal customers and hiring manager.

Interview Question – What differentiates you in your current role? What are some of you greatest accomplishments & why does it matter? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter would not negotiate on salary

Manager IT Interview

Manager IT
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Difficult due to follow through. The recruiters were not on their game and there were many gaps of communication. Once I reached the hiring manager, it was much easier. The entire process could be best handled with a better internal process for hiring managers.

Interview Question – Define a business problem where you felt that you contributed to the success but were measured as a failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and drawn out.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – 2 rounds phone interview. On site has 2 rounds. Each interview is half an hour. Questions from big kettle endian to driving programming and troubleshooting. Not very tricky and no brain tricks. Director will interview engineers as last round. Usually take 2-3 days to have response.

Interview Question – Do you want to be a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Added 20 percent sign on bonus

Very Easy Interview

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – They scheduled an in person interview at their San Jose office after very quick phone interview. At the interview, they described the job and went through my resume. They did not ask any technical questions because they expect entry level employees to learn on the job. There weren't any hard behavioral questions either. It seems like what mattered was whether the team likes you and would want to work with you.

Interview Question – What kind of people do you not like working with?   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Director of Engineering
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – Need to meet with various department heads to discuss qualifications. Each department head had their list of questions that pertained to their areas and how well you were qualified. There was also a desire to understand if you were are self starter and were willing to work through road blocks.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Cisco versus some of the hotter technology companies   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!