Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.2

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

The process was surprisingly pleasant and laid back. This was for a contract position, which gave me some hesitancy at first, but Cisco values and respects contractors (C-workers) the same as direct hires.
    There appeared to be some urgency to fill the vacancy on the team, so the interview process was brief. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. After an email exchange to verify my interest and suitability for the position, I had a phone screen with recruiter, after which a phone screen was set up with the hiring manager. After about 10 minutes of questions, I was invited to come onsite for an extended interview. I was somewhat surprised by this because I didn't feel I did all that well in the phone interview, but it turns out I had the balance of technical and management background they were looking for.
    This interview was with the hiring manager only and lasted about an hour. After an icebreaker, I was asked general questions about my background - the style was conversational - it was up to me to impress and tell stories that highlighted my skills and accomplishments.

I received a contract offer about 5 days after my onsite interview and accepted the offer.

---

Some helpful thoughts:

1. One thing that I have learned job is sometimes they are looking for certain skills or background and they may have difficulty finding that in the hiring area. They might lower their standards a little if you are a local hire.

2. If things seem disorganized, it's because the teams at Cisco can be very busy. I don't know how my boss finds time to conduct interviews. It's a high paced but rewarding environment - busy during the day, not too much late night or weekend work.

3. The work can be tough sometimes but I'm really enjoying working with Cisco. I'm learning a lot and working with great people. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • if I asked about your weaknesses, what would your current or former boss say?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

IT Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

One in person interview, took about 30 minutes. Interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. They took a long time to get back to me after the interview itself - probably about two weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Applied via my University's career fair. They got back to me in about a week and scheduled an interview a week after that. Interview was a casul conversation. They ask you what you want to get out of working at Cisco, the challenges you've overcome in past job experiences, and where you see youself in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Articulating my past job experiences because I didn't have any difficult jobs in the past.   Answer Question

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Got a job offer through staffing company.

Interview Questions
    • I did a project during my college level.The recruiter asked questions relevant to my project.I answered to all my questions.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

I was part of Cisco after they acquired the company I worked at, so no hiring process past accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I work at Cisco beyond benefits?   View Answer
    No negotiation due to being part of an acquisition. My salary and benefits were kept on par with prior company and I was satisfied.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Initial applied on Cisco site. Contacted by recruiter and setup Phone screen with hiring manager. Then invitation for telepresence interview with 4 people including Hiring manager . it lasted 4 hrs. The interview relvoved mostly around my experience not technical.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2009.

Good process for employees coming in through an acquisition.

Interview Questions
    • After working for a small company, how do you feel now about working for a large company?   View Answer
    Came over at existing salary from acquired company.