Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst Intern Interview

IT Analyst Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via my University's career fair. They got back to me in about a week and scheduled an interview a week after that. Interview was a casul conversation. They ask you what you want to get out of working at Cisco, the challenges you've overcome in past job experiences, and where you see youself in the near future.

Interview Question – Articulating my past job experiences because I didn't have any difficult jobs in the past.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Intern Interview

IT Engineer Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – One in person interview, took about 30 minutes. Interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. They took a long time to get back to me after the interview itself - probably about two weeks.

Interview Question – All Behavioral   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Technical Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was part of Cisco after they acquired the company I worked at, so no hiring process past accepting the offer.

Interview Question – Why would I work at Cisco beyond benefits?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation due to being part of an acquisition. My salary and benefits were kept on par with prior company and I was satisfied.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Interview Question – What do you like to do at your pleasure time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Question – The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2009.

Interview Details – Good process for employees coming in through an acquisition.

Interview Question – After working for a small company, how do you feel now about working for a large company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Came over at existing salary from acquired company.

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Junior Network Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – Got a job offer through staffing company.

Interview Question – I did a project during my college level.The recruiter asked questions relevant to my project.I answered to all my questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Seattle, WA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial applied on Cisco site. Contacted by recruiter and setup Phone screen with hiring manager. Then invitation for telepresence interview with 4 people including Hiring manager . it lasted 4 hrs. The interview relvoved mostly around my experience not technical.

Interview Question – what is the most difficult problem solved.   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!