Cisco Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

25 interviews

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

They have very standard process of interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build a intrusion detection system for 300Gbps network traffic?
    What kind of data storage system might be useful in such case?
      Answer Question
Offer was pretty standard.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Senior Software Engineer Interview

No interview process. Cisco acquired our technology and we were hired with the technology.

Interview Questions
    Engineers were hired with the technology and our manager negotiated the deal for us.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2011.

phone interview is followed by onsite interview. onsite interview contains questions from computer science algorithm books. for j2ee positions, j2ee component based questions are asked.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Because Cisco merges many companies, different groups rely on their own HR/HM to find candidates. Therefore, you have to submit the applications to many positions. Campus interview is a good way to go. My interviews involved three rounds of technical phone interviews. All the programming questions, from data structure to how to use the debugger. They soon gave the offer (a reasonable good one).

Interview Questions

Location is not good for my personal reasons.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

First round was on-campus interview. Followed by on-site interview with 4 engineers and manager. Plenty of white boarding for clean and commented code, some brain teasers, questions revolved around arrays and linked lists. Lunch with the hiring manager towards evening. I found out about the decision in 2 weeks

Not much

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It went very well They asked me question on Core Java, Spring, Struts, Web services (SOAP, REST). some Network related query i.e. SNMP protocal etc.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2012.

Technical Phone Screen and then in-person interview with Manager, Technical Lead and Team Member.
    Phone Screen went 45 mins, lot of technical questions on the skill set in resume.
    In In-Person interview, first manager met and descriobed bat the job, and the project. Then a technical team member - she asked quesions related to sorting algorithms, and data structures. After that Lead came and asked few technical questions and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • make a sorted list from two sorted, asked to write the code on board.   Answer Question
    • Thread-safe singleton pattern - asked to write the code   Answer Question
    • Code to add element in doubly linked list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2008.

->try to be a good presenter
    -> able to explain past experience
    ->some c and linux

Interview Questions
    was difficult to raise much

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2012.

Contacted by recruiter thru LinkedIn then 30 min phone screening by him and after few days 30 min phone call with hiring manager. He then told me on the phone itself that he would like me to come for onsite interviews. After a week I got date/time set up for 4 onsite interview(3 half an hour and one 1 hour group discussion).2 pure technical interviews other 2 mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you achieve concurrency without using threads ?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Phone screen + 5 rounds of tech interview (45 min each) + interview with Hiring Manager( ~1hr)

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!