Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – They have very standard process of interview.

Interview Question – How would you build a intrusion detection system for 300Gbps network traffic?
What kind of data storage system might be useful in such case?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was pretty standard.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – No interview process. Cisco acquired our technology and we were hired with the technology.

Interview Question – No interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Engineers were hired with the technology and our manager negotiated the deal for us.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview is followed by onsite interview. onsite interview contains questions from computer science algorithm books. for j2ee positions, j2ee component based questions are asked.

Interview Question – queue implementation   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – Because Cisco merges many companies, different groups rely on their own HR/HM to find candidates. Therefore, you have to submit the applications to many positions. Campus interview is a good way to go. My interviews involved three rounds of technical phone interviews. All the programming questions, from data structure to how to use the debugger. They soon gave the offer (a reasonable good one).

Interview Question – No.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location is not good for my personal reasons.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – First round was on-campus interview. Followed by on-site interview with 4 engineers and manager. Plenty of white boarding for clean and commented code, some brain teasers, questions revolved around arrays and linked lists. Lunch with the hiring manager towards evening. I found out about the decision in 2 weeks

Interview Question – How to reverse a linked list   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – It went very well They asked me question on Core Java, Spring, Struts, Web services (SOAP, REST). some Network related query i.e. SNMP protocal etc.

Interview Question – All network related question based on SNMP protocal   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – Technical Phone Screen and then in-person interview with Manager, Technical Lead and Team Member.
Phone Screen went 45 mins, lot of technical questions on the skill set in resume.
In In-Person interview, first manager met and descriobed bat the job, and the project. Then a technical team member - she asked quesions related to sorting algorithms, and data structures. After that Lead came and asked few technical questions and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2008.

Interview Details – ->try to be a good presenter
-> able to explain past experience
->some c and linux

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was difficult to raise much

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter thru LinkedIn then 30 min phone screening by him and after few days 30 min phone call with hiring manager. He then told me on the phone itself that he would like me to come for onsite interviews. After a week I got date/time set up for 4 onsite interview(3 half an hour and one 1 hour group discussion).2 pure technical interviews other 2 mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – How would you achieve concurrency without using threads ?   View Answer

San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Phone screen + 5 rounds of tech interview (45 min each) + interview with Hiring Manager( ~1hr)

Interview Question – Explaining Process Table   View Answers (2)

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!