Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Singapore

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Worked with internal recruiters which have since left
    Overall interview experience was positive with 5+ interviews taking place.

Interview Questions
    • Not big on crazy questions like some tech companies, overall normal question base.   Answer Question
    Difficulty was with the negotiations for package, internal recruiters was reading from a sheet to sell benefits of the company, even though many did not apply to my situation. When I tried to dispute some of the benefits that recruiter was telling me about, I was told off and ended up having to deal with hiring manager. Internal recruiting team is much stronger now, probably as result of others similar to my experience.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2012.

First I had to submit a video for two mins, later i got a call for a phone interview which is mainly based on basic networking and behavioral questions. Finally I was called for a assessment center round which is one full day at the cisco industry. I am still waiting for their response.

Interview Questions
    • Role PLay is very difficult so do all your research and ask as many questions as possible, be conversational.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2012.

1. Video Submission
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Assessment Center (Competency based interview, role play, written test, presentation)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is role play: Gathering requirements from the customer during an initial sales meeting   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

There are a total of 7 Interviews. It involves all the stakeholders which you will be working with.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you face and how did you overcome them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Bad experience, the recruiter only wanted to close the requisition rather than being helpful in any way.

Interview Questions
    It happened with the hiring manager who was much better than the recruiter.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2011.

* First is typical skills test kinda interview where I was tested for technical competency
    * Second is little bit general and more about business, customer (Cisco's customers) requirements, business dealings, converting business requirements in to technical requirements etc
    * Third is with Technical Director & other Directors. Focus is on personality, business acumen, cultural things etc
    * Final is HR & CXO on compensation, long term goals etc.

Interview Questions
    • * Cisco's customer was offered a "free network swap out " by a competitor. How would you compete the "Free" vs "Paid" offer and convince Customer to stay or buy Cisco products   Answer Question
    I'd rate extremely negative. HR sucks big time as the response often took weeks if not months. Most of times the answers are vague and not direct (e.g. If I requested to find about bonus plans etc, and the reply was "bonus is good if you perform" instead of some numbers..

Associate Systems Engineer (ASE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

I had 2 phone interviews. The first one was behaviorial and the second was a little technical+behavioral. But both interviews were conducted in such a way that I felt comfortable throughout. Then I had a assessment center invitation, which consisted of : 1. Presentation 2. Role play simulation 3. Technical Interview. Presentation was on a topic they gave beforehand. Role play consisted of an individual selling the product(decided beforehand) and Technical Interview was based on documentation provided beforehand. I felt the assessment was conducted in a very comfortable setting, i never felt out of place. I also got an opportunity to interact with assesors and interview conductors during lunch, i think that interaction helped my case a lot. Personally, my role play was horrible. my presentation was ok. It was a 10 minute presentation and 5 minute QA, but when i presentated, I finished my presentation in 5 minutes and they gave me a 10 minute QA. I should give a warning, all questions asked on presentation were very difficult, and thought provoking questions. Which in nature of itself was very interesting to me, and I answered in a discussion type of way. My technical interview was perfect. They told me that it would 2 weeks before they get back to me. To all who are preparing for this interview, prepare hard for role play. That holds of weight.