Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was fully technical. Interview was for half an hour. Interviewer was very friendly. Still its under process. Hope I will get offer. 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.

Interview Questions
  • 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
    2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
    3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

1) 1-2 Phone Screening
    2) normally 1 round of Technical On-site Interview with 4-6 Engineers. Questions ranging from Coding to Solving Design problem including Behavior Interviews.
    3) at time there maybe 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions
    • C-coding: ranging from atomic operation(s) to strings/pointers manipulations, little/big Indians, algorithms.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Questions
    • First round telephonic interview which was quite easy with all basic questions on java and sql then was scheduled with second telephonic round which had 8 people interviewing me   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

the interview process took about two weeks. There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview. The second round was with four people but the questions were very basic related to programming. Not much to do on whiteboad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

Got a interview after a job fair. It was my first interview and I feel I blew it.

Interview Questions
    • How to reverse a signly linked list without using a extra node   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2008.

I found the position through a staffing agency who set up the initial screening call. After a satisfactory conversation (high level discussion of experience), I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview featured two 1:1 interviews by separate sw engineers that entailed detailed coding answers to various questions and some questions regarding the particular protocol (SNMP) in the development project.

Interview Questions
    • Code a binary search tree, insert and delete functions   View Answer
    No negotiation, this was a contract position.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I applied through Cisco job fair and got an over phone interview after one week. The question were all in C programming. The guy asked me to do some bit operations. Count the number of 1's in an integer. Count the number of 0's.
    Assuming that we have a sorted array with some duplicated number, print the numbers only once in an efficient way.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

All the interviewers were very friendly. My interviewers were more concerned with thought process than rote-memorizing things, and would give hints along the way if I was stumped at some part as long as you explained why. I was encouraged to explain what I was thinking if there was a long pause as I was writing pseudocode for a particular task.

Interview Questions
    • -How to enqueue/dequeue a queue in a circular buffer with a read position pointing to the front and a write position to the back.   View Answer
    • -How many pointers are needed for removing an element in doubly-linked-list?   View Answer
    • -What does the assignment X=(X)&(X-1) do? Use this to count number of 1s in a number.   View Answers (3)

Software Developer Interview

written test followed by 2 technical rounds of interview and 1 hr followed by that.