Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2007.

Referred by friend. Phone call set up the interview. The interview process was very impersonal (a cookie cutter interview consisting of 5 back-to-back technical interviews where the interviewers came with a sheet of set questions.) that was more of solving programming trivia (eg. linked list, ++p or p++, etc)

Interview Questions

I got the impression that it was all about work (the interview lasted until 9.00 pm and pretty much everyone was still working on the floor that I was on). They did not ask me anything about my background, the experience that I would bring, any technical problems that I faced in my work and how they were dealt with (gave me the impression that your past is not relevant). With 10+ years of experience, I was not asked any design questions but stupid programming trivia (which is ok within limits) about how to increment pointers, how to do recursion, and how to mask bits!

Before the the offer, I got a better position in my, at that time current, company so decided to stick with it.