Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2007.

Interview Details – Referred by friend. Phone call set up the interview. The interview process was very impersonal (a cookie cutter interview consisting of 5 back-to-back technical interviews where the interviewers came with a sheet of set questions.) that was more of solving programming trivia (eg. linked list, ++p or p++, etc)

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I got the impression that it was all about work (the interview lasted until 9.00 pm and pretty much everyone was still working on the floor that I was on). They did not ask me anything about my background, the experience that I would bring, any technical problems that I faced in my work and how they were dealt with (gave me the impression that your past is not relevant). With 10+ years of experience, I was not asked any design questions but stupid programming trivia (which is ok within limits) about how to increment pointers, how to do recursion, and how to mask bits!

Before the the offer, I got a better position in my, at that time current, company so decided to stick with it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Software Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.