Cisco Systems Software Engineer II Intern Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied in College Job fair. Contact me after 3 weeks. In person interview where they asked about my previous experience and some design problems. They were very cordial and very friendly.
The interviewer asked me about the technologies which I used during my previous employment and my current on going projects.
They are very accommodating about the location you want to be posted.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

The whole process was about 40 minutes on campus. Questions were all about network.
    1. How to check the network? command like ping, trace route, tcpdump.
    2. Given mask code to calculate feasible IPs.
    3. Some easy coding problems. (sort, string reverse)

Interview Questions
    • Given mask code to calculate feasible IPs. Thought about a while.   Answer Question

Software II Engineer (Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was a one on one screen interview at a university job fair. Just a few quick verbal questions, and did not write actual code. It seems that you do not need to give a flawless answer but a quick one. The recruiter did not say whether I pass the screen after it.

Interview Questions
    • Given a long list of URLs, how to find match URLs based on user's current input.   Answer Question
    • You have a program with no memory leak, but the program uses plenty of heap space. What is possible reason?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2012.

I got this interview in the university career fair. I talked to a PM and he gave me a interview on the next day. It was an on-campus 1:1 interview. The interview was around 50 minutes.

In the first 30 minutes, he went through my resume and asked questions regarding my past experience. He asked me to describe some of my course projects. He also asked a couple of general CS questions, like whys is Java preferred than C in application development. I think I did very well in these questions.

For the rest of the interview, he gave me two coding problems. The first one is simple: count the number of "1"s in a binary expression of a 32-bit integer. The second on is as below. I did not figure out, partially because there was not enough time.

I heard back within a week.

Generally, the questions are not difficult to answer if well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Write a multithread program to simulate traffic light (only green or red) in a four-way intersection.   Answer Question