Cisco Systems

2.8

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

directly on-site with three engineers for the position. It was local so I guess the hiring manager does not bother doing a phone interview.

It has been one month after the on-site and since I did not get a reply from my follow-up email, I guess I was passed.

They are quite specific about past experience but not academic questions. So be prepared about what you did before.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Was very well planned and simple, I got an on campus interview call, it was scheduled for 3 days after the phone call. Interview was mainly about systems and networking.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Applied on-line at university careers website. Was then offered an on-campus interview. Interview consisted entirely of behavioral questions and was conducted by an electrical engineer. Questions about past projects at previous internships were also asked. Recruiter extended an offer 2 weeks later by phone. There wasn't even an on-site interview. The process was much easier and straightforward compared with other software companies.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult question... Very standard behavioral questions in an interview. Just make sure you're very descriptive in providing responses.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer that was better in terms of compensation package, location, and more closely aligned with my career interests/development.

Software Engineer II Interview

half an hour talking about my past project experience, no algorithm question.

Interview Questions
    • in the end, i was caught off guard by a simple question: "if you calculate c = c+1 with 100 threads, do you need a lock? "   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was on campus for a day. They did not even fly me to the Bay Area, I had to purchase my own ticket. It was purely technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Just one round of on campus interview. Was interviewed by 2 managers simultaneously and the interview lasted for 50 minutes. Questions were based on past experience and basic programming concepts. I was asked to code in any language I was comfortable in. Got the letter of intent on the same day and offer letter after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Applied through College.

Just one on-campus interview - 2 interviewers. Technical Leads

General C questions (Bit manipulations etc Low level). Asked a lot about project since it was in Networking.
    Behavioral questions - How do you avoid conflict; Why should we hire you

Nothing very difficult. Got the response in 3 days that I was selected

Interview Questions
    They offer standard salary to grads which is pretty good. I had some experience, So I could negotiate with ease.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

I was called for an interview on campus after handing over my resume in career fair. The interview was of 40 minutes where they mostly asked questions related to my previous experience and some basic networking, OS and programming questions. Got the offer after 7 days of interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Submitted resume in jobfair and got a call after a week for an on campus interview. I was asked only behavorial questions which was very surprising. Interviewer was polite and not intimidating at all so I answered his questions calmly.

Interview Questions
    • At last the interviewer asked what kind of a work do you wish to do at Cisco.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

There was a fixed half an hour interview. Most of it was technical and other questions were asked based on my resume. I was asked details on each and every project. They asked about the challenges I faced during my projects both in a company as well as school.

All in all it was a holistic interview.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer without negotiation