Cisco Systems Software Engineer II Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I was asked to visit their offices for the first round of interviews. The environment was laid back and the interviewers were friendly.

The process started with the two software engineers asking questions relevant to my CV. At that point I had the chance to talk about past projects that I did, technologies that I used and the such.

The interview process then continued with the interviewers asking some theoretical technical questions relevant to programming languages and operating systems.

Finally, I was asked to write a couple of algorithmic pieces of code.

In the second and final interview, I was interviewed by the position's manager. The questions were HR-like, such as how I would resolve conflicts in the work environment and technical (for example how would I attempt learning a new programming language, what methodology would I use).

Interview Questions

• Several programming questions relevant to data structures and operating systems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Started by applying through the online platform but then personally contacted a recruiter. They called me to arrange a first telephone interview during which they just collected basic information about my CV and asked for my perception of Cisco.
    Afterwards they invited me to four face-to-face interview plus lunch at their site. The first interviewer discussed some of my projects mentioned in the CV asked for explanations including basic diagrams on a whiteboard. Second interview was about testing software and I was given a simple demo application which I had to test without further knowledge. There were no special questions over the lunch break. In the third interview I had to develop a simple CSV parser using python (mentioned in my CV as familiar programming language). But I just had to tell what I would do, the actual coding was done by the interviewer. In the last interview I had to solve a simple problem (compare file endings of two given path) in C and have been asked some more general questions about my CV and my interests.
    Before each interview the interviewer shortly introduced himself (always just one person per interview) and told me some details about his work.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked about my knowledge in network stuff like protocols and transmission (not directly related to the position I applied for but more related to the company itself).   1 Answer