Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to the recruiter via career fair at my university. I was called shortly after to sign up for interviews on my university campus. The interview was very easy, and I was offered the job a week or two later. There was no on site interview, which was strange to me. Everything went very smoothly and the recruiter was very receptive and timely on answering emails.

Interview Question – Given a limited amount of RAM, how would you sort an entire disks worth of data?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – They were at our job fair at my school and took interviews the next day.

Interview Question – They asked how to traverse a linked list, how to delete and add a node, and complexities of a linked list. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

Interview Details – Handed them my resume at campus career fair. Was contacted over the next week or so. Passed the first phone interview which was very easy. Simply for loop question that built from the next question he asked. Then rejected at the second phone interview, this tech asked a much more difficult question for me.

Interview Question – Second interview question: giving a phone number return all the number key combinations for that phone number   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The length of the interview is about 45 minutes. Several questions about my projects (the most interesting projects I have done and the most challenging project I have done), previous experience and courses I plan to take during my graduate studies. No technical questions so the entire interview is pretty relaxing.

Interview Question – All questions are about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – It was to be an on site interview, but because of last minute issues, I did a webex phone interview.

Interview Question – They asked me basic things like stuff about single linked list and how to figure out at what point do 2 single linked lists merge. Also he asked puzzle kind of questions   Answer Question

UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview conducted at Berkeley career center after giving my resume at career fair, and talking to software lead, who was impressed with my resume, and asked me a simple question on how java classes worked. Interview itself was conducted by one of his engineers, who did not appreciate me over dressing him. Interview questions were standard binary search with some adjustments, etc. Received a message a few weeks after that I did not get the internship, though this was expected because I only answered half of the rather detailed design/programming questions correctly.

Interview Question – There are ten buckets of lead weights, with nine of them having equal weights of 10 grams each, while one of them has weights of 11 grams each. You want to find out which bucket has weights of 11 grams each, by using a scale, but you can only turn on the scale once.   View Answers (3)

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – My hiring process was a bit out of the ordinary, I had one interview with an engineer which mainly consisted of questions about my background and behavioral. I got the offer a week later.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Really relaxed. Asked me some behavioral questions and then two technical quesitons.

Interview Question – Implement a selection sort, and then he asked me: Given a single-elimination tournament with 99 players, how many games must be played until there is one winner left.   View Answers (2)

College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got call through Univ career fair. Resume based interview and 2 simple c programs, few questions on pointers. It went well, but didn't get selected.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was given an interview through my campus career fair at Cornell University. I stopped by the Cisco booth and then the recruiter led me behind the table and did a speed interview about my resume for 10 minutes. She then scheduled an interview for the day after. The interview lasted around 30-45 minutes. I was asked questions about my experience, behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions regarding arrays and linked lists.
I received an internship offer a few weeks later and the process ran smoothly from there on out.

Interview Question – How would you go about finding the kth to last element in a singly linked list?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!