Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I went to the career fair and got an phone interview in couple of weeks. The interview is half behavior and half technical. The interviewer asked me some questions based on my resume including detailed knowledge in networks.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Got an on-campus interview scheduled through the school.
    Since it was a full time entry position, had two senior software engineering interviewing me in a room.
    Asked some basic questions on the resume.
    Asked what my favorite language was and OO concepts. What is good about it and how it is powerful compared to others. What 'static' variables meant.
    Programming questions like: code in java for binary search. reverse a double linked nodes.

Software Engineer Interview

Simple standard steps for programming language of C. Unix internal IPC communication mechanics
    Bit operation and general networking protocols basic.
    45 min each of 4 people interview in one afternoon long.
    Link list and pointers and structures in C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

I was asked a technical question on Machine Learning during the recruiting at a Career Fair straight away while reviewing my Resume. The question was on the possibility of separating houses for a Realtor into various clusters. I answered the question by proposing a Decision Tree (ID3 Algorithm) or a Linear Separator, depending on the number of features that the test data had.
    I then was offered a phone interview, where I was a standard question regarding Data Structures and Algorithms. (Can't spit out the details, sorry).

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding the Data Structures was difficult because at best I could get a run-time of O(kn), or O(nlog(n)), but that wasn't close enough to O(n), which is what they wanted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Questions
    • String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I was hired more than 10 years ago so I don't remember what exactly it was anymore. It was something like being interviewed by at least 5 engineers and then managers. Questions mostly on C and C++.

Software Engineer Interview

Easiest Interview I ever did. No technical questions were asked. The interviewer seemed bored and completely unprepared. Did not put in any energy prior to the interview preparing for it,

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Process took a few weeks. Simple behavioral interview through University Program

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation where you found a solution   Answer Question
    Set salary. No room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

The previous company was purchased by Cisco Systems. So, we do not need to go through the interview process.