Cisco Systems

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.5

APJC (Australia) Cisco Services Lab Operations () – Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2014.

I was called by the HR manager to organise a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and was conducted by a senior network engineer. There was a face-to-face interview about 2 weeks later which was a group interview and individual technical interview with 4 other candidates and a panel of 4 network engineers.

Telephone questions included:
    1. tell me about yourself
    2. what do you do in your spare time,
    3. what do you know about the company, why do you want to work here
    4. give me an example of learning new things in the work place,
    5. give an example of a time when a customer didn't like the solution you gave them, what did you do?

Group interview questions:
    1. You and your group have crashed your plane in a jungle, you have these limited resources, what do you do? Fairly standard.
    2. A customer owning a factory has employed you to fix a vague problem with one of their machines. The panel plays the part of an impatient rude customer, and they see how the group solves the problem.

Individual interview questions:
    1. Consisted of a network diagram on a whiteboard and there was a problem with a computer not connecting to a subnet, there were firewalls involved too. They asked increasingly difficult technical questions to see if you could solve it.

Interview Questions
    • Telephone interview:
      1. how does the internet work
      2. how does encryption work
      3. what is the OSI model

Group interview / individual interview:
      Speak up in the group interview, work as a team but show you can take charge as well.

Unless you studied network engineering at university, you will probably fail the technical interview. The questions are very in depth and you can't bs your way out. They interviewed 20 people (4 groups of 5 people) for 1 position. They invited a lot of people for the interview which would definitely fail the technical interview simply because it wasn't part of the syllabus of their degree. Not sure why they didn't just invite network/telecommunications majors to the interview.

View Answer

Support Engineer (Linux/Solaris) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was two technical guys face to face interview, and the questions they asked are all Linux command, application used to achieve this. At the end, I need to complete a paper test last for 40min

Interview Questions
    • As long as you are good experience at Linux/Solaris command and Server side configuration, it is not a problem for you.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

First Stage: Video submission-> record yourself with self introduction and answering a question provided.
    Second Stage: WebEx phone interview -> combination of behavioral and general technical questions.
    Third Stage: Assessment Centre -> Comprises of technical exam, interview, roleplay and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay: being asked to sell a Cisco solution to address a client problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Good process and fair if followed correctly! Procedure driven and rather lengthy.

no cooments

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2012.

they asked detail trouble-shooting skills.

Interview Questions
    • how to trouble-shoot ip phone calling h323 gateway getting busy tone   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2011.

Hr emailed a specific date and time and asked if I was free then for a phone interview. Phone interviewer called an hour later than the specified time. The interview itself took around 15 mins, and was a current networking intern from cisco. It was more of a hr interview than a technical interview, he was interested in any projects I had worked on and the challenges faced, how I resolved problems in my last job, strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for cisco and what products cisco offered.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Process involved a number of interviews and panel interviews. In total there were 9 interviews I had been shortlisted for a number of positions during this time however interview requirements were similar for commercial and enterprise account management roles. Panel based interview and presentation undertaken on perception of target market and positioning of Cisco to ascertain candidates knowledge of Cisco's go-to-market strategy. Interview process was designed to be direct and at same time fair to the candidate. Successful in attaining the enterprise role.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

What do you know about Cisco? What are the future technology transitions? How do you manage customer expectations? What is your communication style?Tell me about a situation where you had to manage a difficult situation? What did you do?