Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer first asked a bit about my experience and then proceeded to ask a fairly simple logic puzzle. After I solved the logic puzzle, the interviewed changed it and made it a bit more difficult. After the logic puzzle, the interviewer asked me how to implement a hash map which I was very unsure about. He provided me hints and an explanation of the implementation process which helped greatly. The interview process lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – How would you implement a hashmap?   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Cisco places a great deal of effort to hire new interns who can then work with the very best in the field. As per my experience the interview process comprises of phone interview and then HR. In my case a thorough interview with my potential technical supervisor was done. Questions were technical and behavioral both. All in all a good experience.

Interview Question – None as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an intern position so I did not consider much negotiation. For a full time position there should definitely be an opportunity for negotiation.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!