Cisco Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with two different people one after another. Talked about their work and asked a little bit about me. Then handed me a laptop to find as many bugs as possible. Overall a straightforward and relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

Interview

I have applied and got contacted in 3 days for a phone interview, the interview is pure technical since the very beginning, it was related mainly to my experience. the interviewer was reading my resume and accordingly asking about each section and technology, he asked about into deep details about OSPF, TLDP vs RSVP-TE, vpws, vpls and L3 vrf, he focused on my testing and Automation Experience. he asked about which traffic generators i use, testing methadolgy.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Just the phone interview. He did not ask a lot of network, just asked me the related concepts about Java. I did not know why he asked questions about that. As a network company, he asked so many java questions.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The organization is a good department and do correct work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was taken by group of 4 people. Got the offer on the same day.Questions were mainly technical in nature on temp & voltage variation.It was for EDVT test position. Most of the interviewers were hardware engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Great people who interviewed me, except one manager who must have woke up on the wrong side of his bed. Otherwise, everyone was friendly and fair.

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to increase salary. However, not too much from what they had in mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Online resume, Phone, Phone, more Phone, on site, on site, on site, more on site, multiple rounds at each level, multiple chains, verbal, written, brain storming, technical, analytical, HR, puzzle, general knowledge, software, hardware, scripting, automation, black box, white box, manual, project requirement, plan, schedule, risk, mitigation, delivery, quality, PPM.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Consisted of three face to face interviews with one or two team members at a time. Questions ranged from Networking, Protocols to coding.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2012.

Interview

Started off with the an overview of the area of work that is to be done for the position. Goes onto an assortment of personality questions followed by a test run for bug finding. Switches off midway to another interviewer that refines the initial description of the area of work. Interview turns into a casual chat.