Cision Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cision.

Interview

Standard process. Phone call with recruiter,1 on 1 with key managers, presentation at then with panel. The process will be explained clearly by the recruitment team. I advise understanding at a basic level what the software allows and updates on the company.

BDA- Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cision (Beltsville, MD).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after submitting resume. phone interviews and one in-person interview. Front desk emailed interviewers. Got a tour with a different recruiter. Panel style interview. Created mock email. Did not have to sell anything. Spoke with a BDA after interview. Cool office, basketball court and full gym. Lots of empty desk. Unsure on the work/life balance. Overall neutral outlook on company.

Senior ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty standard talked with the recruiter then met the hiring manager and the department head a day or so later.

The in person interview was in a small room so very uncomfortable, but we had an engaging conversation about technology and the state of training. They informed me of the training and where it is at and discussed some goals and vision they had for training in the future.

I showcased some of my work and then we wrapped it up. Pretty straight forward, nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• How would i go about delivering software changes to over 600 customers?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with a recruiter. They ask about my work background and basic interview questions. Then you move on to an in person interview. The in person interview is only to see what type of personality you have. I was specially asked not to talk about my work history while describing myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without describing your work history.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cision in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was more about getting to know if i was a good fit and resume walk through.
    After more than two weeks i get a reject saying- thanks for interviewing for Product Manager position. This totally irritated me. The HR himself contacted me through linkedin saying i am a great fit for Financial Analyst position but ends up interviewing for a completely different position. I wasn't aware that i was being interviewed for product manager position until i heard back from them.
    The entire process took close to 3-4 weeks. What a waste of time!!!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cision.

Interview

Applied online through a job search site. Was quickly contacted by a recruiter for a initial phone screening. We talked for 15 minutes. I thought it went well. She asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The recruiter was prepared but seemed disinterested the whole time. I wasn't expecting to even get an interview, seeing as my experience didn't have anything to do with the offer, but it was nice to be able to talk to them.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cision.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a company recruiter that same day. Had a brief phone screening, where I was invited to interview at their office the following week. Interview was with two senior members of their research team, very straightforward with a mix of common and behavioral questions. Just one round and was offered a position within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on one assignment and someone else from your team asked for help with something else, how would you decide which task to address and why?   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other opportunities.

QA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Hired as a QA Automation Consultant through recruiter. I Had phone screening interview with the recruiter. Then face to face interview with QA Manager. Interview was mainly technical with two senior automation engineers along with QA Manager. Submitted code examples as requested after the interview. Hiring process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical questions pertaining to automation tools   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Really quick; was recruited from LinkedIn, and all of the steps were smooth and efficient. Great interview experience. Two Phone interviews and screenings, and two in person interviews same day.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Cision Website and on LinkedIn in order to get my foot in the door quicker. Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Interview from a Cision Recruiter (they seemed very unorganized on the phone)
         a. The Recruiter seem to take 3 to 5 days to get back to me via every email. If Cision is so interested in a potential match, why do they take that long? Plus, the recruiter sent an email about the phone interview being a specific date and called a different day to have it. No professionalism with this recruiter!
         b. I Had another recruiter from Cision contact me via LinkedIn and it seemed that this person was very interested in me. To bad I was unable to take to this recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and they keep asking the same question in different works. This process is very disorganized!   Answer Question