Cision

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.3

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cision.

Applied online through a job search site. Was quickly contacted by a recruiter for a initial phone screening. We talked for 15 minutes. I thought it went well. She asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The recruiter was prepared but seemed disinterested the whole time. I wasn't expecting to even get an interview, seeing as my experience didn't have anything to do with the offer, but it was nice to be able to talk to them.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cision.

Applied online and was contacted by a company recruiter that same day. Had a brief phone screening, where I was invited to interview at their office the following week. Interview was with two senior members of their research team, very straightforward with a mix of common and behavioral questions. Just one round and was offered a position within a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • If you were working on one assignment and someone else from your team asked for help with something else, how would you decide which task to address and why?   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other opportunities.

QA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cision in July 2014.

Hired as a QA Automation Consultant through recruiter. I Had phone screening interview with the recruiter. Then face to face interview with QA Manager. Interview was mainly technical with two senior automation engineers along with QA Manager. Submitted code examples as requested after the interview. Hiring process was very fast.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were technical questions pertaining to automation tools   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Really quick; was recruited from LinkedIn, and all of the steps were smooth and efficient. Great interview experience. Two Phone interviews and screenings, and two in person interviews same day.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cision in May 2014.

I applied on the Cision Website and on LinkedIn in order to get my foot in the door quicker. Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Interview from a Cision Recruiter (they seemed very unorganized on the phone)
         a. The Recruiter seem to take 3 to 5 days to get back to me via every email. If Cision is so interested in a potential match, why do they take that long? Plus, the recruiter sent an email about the phone interview being a specific date and called a different day to have it. No professionalism with this recruiter!
         b. I Had another recruiter from Cision contact me via LinkedIn and it seemed that this person was very interested in me. To bad I was unable to take to this recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions and they keep asking the same question in different works. This process is very disorganized!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cision in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then an HR person in Chicago. TheInterview question were standard like any other sales position. The following week I went in for an interview.When I showed up at the office the reception wasn't there to let me in. I called the company but no one was answering. I pounded on the door for about 15 mins(not exaggerating), finally someone let me in. I met 2 different sales managers. The first one seem uninterested from second 1 and seemed like he didn't even like the company from his excitement level. The next Manager had been with the company much longer. He was a nice guy and we had a good conversation. All are standard sales question. Mainly they just want to talk about yourself and hear you ask the write questions. They also want to see that you are excited about what the company is doing. Have questions about where they are heading.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cision.

First there was a phone interview from the recruiter and than an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview went well; the recruiter was professional, prompt and affable. When I went into the office, it was a whole different story. The hiring managers were inattentive, distracted, and unprofessional. They read questions from a script and didn't even seem to understand what they were talking about. When they asked about what I knew about the company, they themselves didn't even know if I was accurate with the information I found on the website. They didn't seem to care about me as a person, but wanted me to feed them answers with "Key Words" like Flexibility, Adaptable, Customer Satisfaction, ect. ect. It was probably the most unprofessional interview I've ever experienced. On top of that, when I got a tour of the office, there were people walking around barefoot and half the employees looked like they just had woken up hungover; comparable to a scene from the Walking Dead. I wouldn't take the job unless I absolutely needed it. Don't waste your time interviewing. It's not worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ability to do this job and work hard?   View Answer

Production Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cision.

Quick, pretty basic interview, not much to it.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any curveballs, they'll take just about anybody. It doesnt pay well.   Answer Question
    I was broke. I took what they offered. They wont offer more.

Typical/Pointless Interview

I got the very distinct impression that Cision doesn't really care who works there - at least not on the level I was hired at. I had never worked at a company with benefits and such - since leaving film school, I had made a steady living freelancing, but was about to get married and needed something steady. Cision's process was fairly straightforward - not a challenging or probing interview by any means... I found out later that the Vice-President of west coast content (or whatever) never considered Cision a career for people like me... just himself, of course.

Interview Questions
    • "Biggest weakness." So typical. I come across as arrogant. Because I am. But I'm also focused and prefer not to joke around at work.   View Answer
    No negotiation. This is the job, the pay, take it or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cision in May 2012.

1.0 A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin 2.) face to face interview with a Director 3.) Interview with a V.P. They asked easy questions and the process took two weeks.