Cision

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at Cision

Interview Details – Really quick; was recruited from LinkedIn, and all of the steps were smooth and efficient. Great interview experience. Two Phone interviews and screenings, and two in person interviews same day.

Interview Question – If you were a TV character, who would you be?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cision in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the Cision Website and on LinkedIn in order to get my foot in the door quicker. Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
1 - Phone Interview from a Cision Recruiter (they seemed very unorganized on the phone)
     a. The Recruiter seem to take 3 to 5 days to get back to me via every email. If Cision is so interested in a potential match, why do they take that long? Plus, the recruiter sent an email about the phone interview being a specific date and called a different day to have it. No professionalism with this recruiter!
     b. I Had another recruiter from Cision contact me via LinkedIn and it seemed that this person was very interested in me. To bad I was unable to take to this recruiter.

Interview Question – Basic questions and they keep asking the same question in different works. This process is very disorganized!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cision in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1.0 A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin 2.) face to face interview with a Director 3.) Interview with a V.P. They asked easy questions and the process took two weeks.

Interview Question – There really were not too many   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cision in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then an HR person in Chicago. TheInterview question were standard like any other sales position. The following week I went in for an interview.When I showed up at the office the reception wasn't there to let me in. I called the company but no one was answering. I pounded on the door for about 15 mins(not exaggerating), finally someone let me in. I met 2 different sales managers. The first one seem uninterested from second 1 and seemed like he didn't even like the company from his excitement level. The next Manager had been with the company much longer. He was a nice guy and we had a good conversation. All are standard sales question. Mainly they just want to talk about yourself and hear you ask the write questions. They also want to see that you are excited about what the company is doing. Have questions about where they are heading.

Interview Question – All standard questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cision in February 2010.

Interview Details – usual 3 steps process

Interview Question – can you do ABC if you have no idea what it is about?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cision in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews in the same day. They asked basic questions and it was pretty easy to get hired.

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cision.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview from the recruiter and than an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview went well; the recruiter was professional, prompt and affable. When I went into the office, it was a whole different story. The hiring managers were inattentive, distracted, and unprofessional. They read questions from a script and didn't even seem to understand what they were talking about. When they asked about what I knew about the company, they themselves didn't even know if I was accurate with the information I found on the website. They didn't seem to care about me as a person, but wanted me to feed them answers with "Key Words" like Flexibility, Adaptable, Customer Satisfaction, ect. ect. It was probably the most unprofessional interview I've ever experienced. On top of that, when I got a tour of the office, there were people walking around barefoot and half the employees looked like they just had woken up hungover; comparable to a scene from the Walking Dead. I wouldn't take the job unless I absolutely needed it. Don't waste your time interviewing. It's not worth it.

Interview Question – Do you have ability to do this job and work hard?   View Answer

Production Interview

Production

I applied online and interviewed at Cision.

Interview Details – Quick, pretty basic interview, not much to it.

Interview Question – I don't recall any curveballs, they'll take just about anybody. It doesnt pay well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was broke. I took what they offered. They wont offer more.

Typical/Pointless Interview

Typical/Pointless

Interviewed at Cision

Interview Details – I got the very distinct impression that Cision doesn't really care who works there - at least not on the level I was hired at. I had never worked at a company with benefits and such - since leaving film school, I had made a steady living freelancing, but was about to get married and needed something steady. Cision's process was fairly straightforward - not a challenging or probing interview by any means... I found out later that the Vice-President of west coast content (or whatever) never considered Cision a career for people like me... just himself, of course.

Interview Question – "Biggest weakness." So typical. I come across as arrogant. Because I am. But I'm also focused and prefer not to joke around at work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is the job, the pay, take it or leave it.

Support Services Specialist (Broadcast Monitoring) Interview

Support Services Specialist (Broadcast Monitoring)
Emeryville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cision in September 2011.

Interview Details – Online application submission via company website (job posting originally found on Craigslist). Prompt email reply to application within a couple of days stating up front the pay (absolutely non-negotiable) as well as the shift hours. If you are okay with the preceding, then invited in for a face-to-face interview on location at the office.

Group interview with manager of the department/division as well as with two other senior team members. Manager led the interview while the other two chipped in with a couple questions/comments here and there. While the discussion was professional and on topic, the experience was quite casual and not intimidating by any means.

Interview lasted approximately 30-40 minutes, followed by a written skills test involving spelling, grammar, specific work scenarios and how you would respond/react, as well as drafting a 'fake' customer service email to an irate client.

I followed up with the standard, courtesy email thank you with no reply but was unexpectedly offered the position weeks later as they had another opening/have quite a high turnover rate.

Notes: very surprised there was no phone screen (prior to face-to-face interview) and no background check nor request for professional references.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, but definitely do your research about the company and what they do. Standard kind of questions like 'what are your strengths and weaknesses' and the like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is NON-NEGOTIABLE and spelled out very clearly from the beginning after your application/resume has been received/when you've been asked to interview.

Worked for Cision? Contribute to the Community!