Cision

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cision in May 2012.

Phone interview with the recruiter was great, but the in-person interview with the hiring manager wasn't.

The hiring manager didn't review my resume prior to the interview, so she didn't ask the types of questions that would come from a thoughtful analysis of my experiences.

For example, after explaining that many times, prospects would be emailed instead of called, she asked, "So, how are you with email?" That seemed like a funny question to ask considering I had just explained I had a background in journalism. So I asked if she had seen my cover letter because that is a good indicator of my writing ability. She said the recruiter hadn't sent it to her.

Another strange interview question: "What do you like about the job and what don't you like about the job?" I obviously would not say what I don't like about the position. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't pursue it. So I only said what I liked about the position. She continued to probe it. That's when it occurred to me she was trying to weed out people who have doubts about being able to happily perform in the position because there must be fast turnover in the New York office.

She also skimmed past several questions I asked pertaining to career advancement and training opportunities.

I decided after the interview that this manager wouldn't have much to offer in terms of training, sales wisdom and support.

Interview Questions