Cision Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Account Manager (5)
- Account Coordinator (2)
- Reader (1)
- Research Editor (1)
- Production (1)
- Research (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Researcher (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- QA Consultant (1)
- Production Technician (1)
- Broadcast (1)
- Support Services Specialist (Broadcast Monitoring) (1)
- Typical/Pointless (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Junior Account Executive (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cision in August 2010.
Interview Details – Fairly standard interview with the director and two senior software engineers. The engineers were fairly specific in their questions, maybe even a little nitty gritty, but nothing extreme. The Director (Waroon) is very mellow and is very good at directing the interview to get a good feel for the candidate.
These are some of the questions that stood out.
1. Big table - Generated grid - explain the thought process of going from back end to front end.
- Efficiency (making sure you only pull the records that you need - look at echos queries.
2. Differences in efficiency for different types of joins for big tables (why outer vs inner)
3. Explain in depth a design pattern
4. What is a Generic and what are the benefits of using one.
5. What are the benefits of MVC
6. Interface vs abstract class
7. Talk about your process, from getting a requirements document to delivering a product
8. If you were to do a code review on someone, what things do you look out for
Interview Question – Describe in depth a design pattern that you have used and why it was chosen Answer Question