Citadel Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel in February 2014.

one round on-campus, one round on-site

Interview Questions
    • Few algorithm problems. Instead of many skill tests and IQ tests.   View Answer

FTAP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

Started out at University Recruiting. Had 2 interviews, technical and behavioral. Was then flown down to NY for Super Day, with three more technical interviews, with some other applicants. The interviewers were excellent and really had a nice exchange of ideas with them. Had one more technical phone interview and got the job some days afterwards.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation, pay was awesome anyway.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

First interview with team; second interview with mid-level management.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Intern.

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

Plan on a whole day and make sure you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    I worked with a recruiter and the experience was terrible. The recruiter did not look out for my best interests and undercut the salary.

Financial Technology Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Citadel in December 2013.

I was connected at our school job fair conference, and got an on-campus interview during their visit. The interview was not difficult, one simple coding problem, one probability problem, and one brain teaser. They invited me on-site to interview at Chicago. Overall I had talked to 3 people (2 technical interviews and 1 just talking). The questions were not hard, but you never know what candidates they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Given some coins, how do u flip them to make sure all the coin have the same sides. Some basic knowledge on distributed system.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citadel in March 2013.

The HR got my resume through my school career center. Then, I was scheduled a 1st round HR screening. I was mainly asked about fit, interest and skill sets I had. Data analysis skill and programing skill are extremely important to them. I received a rejection email 3 days after that.

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel.

Internship. On campus - 1hr . 30 mins behavioural + 30 mins technical.
    Behavioural: Usual; past experience, strengths/weaknesses, reason for choosing a finance firm.

Coding: Array of 1 to N. Find missing and duplicate number.

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teaser: Blindfolded. In a room with 8 coins. What is the minimum number of flips required to guarantee that one of the permutations had all coins with the same side?   View Answers (3)

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Citadel in February 2013.

Two 30 minute rounds on campus and three 1 hour sessions on-site if selected. It starts off with brain teasers and some general conversations. Can get pretty technical (C++ knowledge mostly) in the middle and they may discuss some things in the field of finance and will really appreciate if you show interest in Finance. Most important things going in should be to be comfortable coding in C++ and demonstrating an interest in finance which you should have if you want to work here

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this financial institution versus working in a pure software company like Microsoft, etc?   View Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

2 rounds of phone interview - one with HR and one with a member in the team.
    Then they fly to Chicago. 4-5 rounds of interview with members of the team. Quite casual set up. But the stress of the interview can depend on the team you are interviewing with. Discussion on CV and basic maths. Machine learning is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was quite casual. Did not face any particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in June 2012.

Had a phone conversation with the HR within hours of sending in the application. Great guy, in fact the entire HR staff is exceptional and very professional. Then the hiring manager called the next day and I got the in person interview. I was interviewed for the entire day by about 6 people I guess, and I was less than impressed. They have this thing with C++ that they want you to answer everything about the syntax etc, which has little bearing about how well a programmer will fare in the programming world. I think a very narrow minded approach, but it is what it is, they do know how to make money. They refer to someone who has been there for 5 years as a long term employee, oh, he has been here for a long time and someone with 10 years as a life time employee, so, seems like people do not stay here for too long. I was not too impressed with the talent, but as I said earlier, they make good money, so, they have top talent somewhere, just that I did not see it.

Interview Questions
    • There is a brain teaser that they ask about a string burning from both ends, very old one, but the interviewer asked the wrong answer, now, how could I tell him that he was asking the wrong question.   View Answer

Worked for Citadel? Contribute to the Community!