Citadel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

3.2

Financial Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citadel.

Had first round on campus which was composed of two interviews - behavioral and technical. Technical one was a bunch of C questions (linked lists, pointers, compare and swap). Final round was in Chicago. 3 interviews all of which were technical.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citadel in August 2014.

I went in for an interview, arranged by a recruiter beginning at 9 a.m. When I arrived, an assistant told me I would have four interviews that day, each 45 minutes long. And she was serious. What a waste of everyone's time -- each interviewer basically asked identical questions -- many of them things easily answered by reading the resume. Obviously they want to find the right candidate but seriously... save everyone the trouble and conference each interviewer into one 45 minute slot.

Interview Questions
    • Read a list of generic interview questions, and you'll have a good idea of what you'll be asked.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

It was a cordial experience, and they splash money around. They are ok bringing anybody in from around the world. If they quit after 6 months they apparently believe that is ok and the trade was good; if you quit after 6 months then they dont see that as a loss. That said the HR were friendly during the process, though those key in the process are less than 25 years old and sadly inexperienced. Interview process was reasonable, but the interviewers were terribly poor....i should have been more in the ball about the calibre of people here...

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that was difficult. The interviewers were lame.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

Quantitative analysis internship. Phone interview with one of the quantitative researchers. Technical questions about my research work and some probability questions. One question is the expected tries for 3 consecutive heads.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel in February 2014.

one round on-campus, one round on-site

Interview Questions
    • Few algorithm problems. Instead of many skill tests and IQ tests.   View Answer

FTAP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

Started out at University Recruiting. Had 2 interviews, technical and behavioral. Was then flown down to NY for Super Day, with three more technical interviews, with some other applicants. The interviewers were excellent and really had a nice exchange of ideas with them. Had one more technical phone interview and got the job some days afterwards.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation, pay was awesome anyway.

FTAP Interview

Two phone interviews, first HR, second Technical. One on site interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

First interview with team; second interview with mid-level management.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Intern.

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

Plan on a whole day and make sure you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    I worked with a recruiter and the experience was terrible. The recruiter did not look out for my best interests and undercut the salary.

Financial Technology Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Citadel in December 2013.

I was connected at our school job fair conference, and got an on-campus interview during their visit. The interview was not difficult, one simple coding problem, one probability problem, and one brain teaser. They invited me on-site to interview at Chicago. Overall I had talked to 3 people (2 technical interviews and 1 just talking). The questions were not hard, but you never know what candidates they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Given some coins, how do u flip them to make sure all the coin have the same sides. Some basic knowledge on distributed system.   Answer Question

Worked for Citadel? Contribute to the Community!