Citadel

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.2

Financial Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citadel in September 2013.

First round interview on-campus: 30min behavioral, 30min technical. Nothing too difficult
    Second round on-site in Chicago: 3 hours of technical.

They really just want someone who can code 24/7. Nothing more/less. Interviewers can be very condescending.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citadel in August 2013.

I applied online, they called me after 2 weeks for an interview in their offices. It was a 4 face to face technical interview session. Interviewers were very friendly and easy to get along with.

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citadel.

This process began via a recruiting Firm. Within a few days of submitting my resume, I was contacted to set up a first round interview within the same week. I was informed the first round would consist of speaking to a recruiter from HR and then the hiring Manager; however, I was told that I would only speak to the Manager if the HR discussion went well enough. I received feedback that same evening that they would like to bring me back in for a second round the following week.

Second round involved meeting with four individuals at various levels of the team over about a two hour span. I was informed the next day that they would be extending me an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as the recruiter advised against it, but I later learned I probably could have received up to 5% more in base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citadel.

Internship. On campus - 1hr . 30 mins behavioural + 30 mins technical.
    Behavioural: Usual; past experience, strengths/weaknesses, reason for choosing a finance firm.

Coding: Array of 1 to N. Find missing and duplicate number.

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teaser: Blindfolded. In a room with 8 coins. What is the minimum number of flips required to guarantee that one of the permutations had all coins with the same side?   View Answers (3)

Summer Investment Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citadel.

Received phone interviews with several teams, since each group does their own interviewing procedure. Then got second rounds with a few of those, and a final round with one. I was flown to Chicago for two hours of interviews with various members of the group. The questions varied significantly from group to group, ranging from quite easy to nearly impossible. The more quant-heavy groups ask more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to predict movements in the S&P 500, and the correlation between your model's predictions and the actual index movement is x. What is your expected proportion of winning trades as a function of x if you invest solely on the model? Notice that if x = 1, you will always win because you can essentially predict the future.   Answer Question
    • An option is trading at an implied volatility of 30%, but its underlying asset has a volatility of 40%. What is your trading strategy? If you use the Black-Scholes formula to price this option, should you use 30% or 40% as the volatility?   View Answer
    • Write an algorithm that calculates the square root of a number to a given precision without using any math libraries (only +,-,*,/).   Answer Question

Summer Intern Tech Analyst Interview

Applied through university career services. Got a call for on campus interview.

Quantitative Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citadel in March 2013.

The HR got my resume through my school career center. Then, I was scheduled a 1st round HR screening. I was mainly asked about fit, interest and skill sets I had. Data analysis skill and programing skill are extremely important to them. I received a rejection email 3 days after that.

Quant Researcher Interview

Just had one phone interview with them. The interview was quite technical in nature. Questions asked were not very tough, but covers a lot of breadth and are rather open-ended. I would be familiar with statistics and time series analysis. I felt under-prepared.

Financial Technology Associate Interview

The interviewers asked a lot of fundamental computer science questions that I could not answer...

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citadel.

Got contacted by the company a week after career fair. The interview was broken down into 2 30minute sections. The first consisted of behavioral on questions like Why choose Citadel and Why choose whatever major you are. The technical ones were pretty tough. Prepare well for them. They asked me about Reversing a string in place, Looping Linked lists, writing sorting algorithms and trees.

Interview Questions
    • If a Binary Search Tree was written incorrectly, lets say, a number to the left of a node isn't smaller like it should be, how would you catch this mistake? What's the most efficient way to figure this out?   Answer Question