Citadel Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Citadel in February 2013.

Two 30 minute rounds on campus and three 1 hour sessions on-site if selected. It starts off with brain teasers and some general conversations. Can get pretty technical (C++ knowledge mostly) in the middle and they may discuss some things in the field of finance and will really appreciate if you show interest in Finance. Most important things going in should be to be comfortable coding in C++ and demonstrating an interest in finance which you should have if you want to work here

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this financial institution versus working in a pure software company like Microsoft, etc?   View Answer

Financial Technology Associate Interview

The interviewers asked a lot of fundamental computer science questions that I could not answer...

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citadel.

Got contacted by the company a week after career fair. The interview was broken down into 2 30minute sections. The first consisted of behavioral on questions like Why choose Citadel and Why choose whatever major you are. The technical ones were pretty tough. Prepare well for them. They asked me about Reversing a string in place, Looping Linked lists, writing sorting algorithms and trees.

Interview Questions
    • If a Binary Search Tree was written incorrectly, lets say, a number to the left of a node isn't smaller like it should be, how would you catch this mistake? What's the most efficient way to figure this out?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Talked at career fair, was scheduled for an interview the following week. Interview consisted of an onslaught of questions about all aspects of CS.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about threads and synchronization, but I had not taken OS yet.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

2 rounds of phone interview - one with HR and one with a member in the team.
    Then they fly to Chicago. 4-5 rounds of interview with members of the team. Quite casual set up. But the stress of the interview can depend on the team you are interviewing with. Discussion on CV and basic maths. Machine learning is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was quite casual. Did not face any particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in June 2012.

Had a phone conversation with the HR within hours of sending in the application. Great guy, in fact the entire HR staff is exceptional and very professional. Then the hiring manager called the next day and I got the in person interview. I was interviewed for the entire day by about 6 people I guess, and I was less than impressed. They have this thing with C++ that they want you to answer everything about the syntax etc, which has little bearing about how well a programmer will fare in the programming world. I think a very narrow minded approach, but it is what it is, they do know how to make money. They refer to someone who has been there for 5 years as a long term employee, oh, he has been here for a long time and someone with 10 years as a life time employee, so, seems like people do not stay here for too long. I was not too impressed with the talent, but as I said earlier, they make good money, so, they have top talent somewhere, just that I did not see it.

Interview Questions
    • There is a brain teaser that they ask about a string burning from both ends, very old one, but the interviewer asked the wrong answer, now, how could I tell him that he was asking the wrong question.   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Citadel in November 2011.

3 interviewers, HR and two finance department managers. HR ask more about behavior questions and your study content in school. For example, she will ask what course i have already take in school and our study style, more case or textbook? Managers ask more questions related to your experience on resume. especially the tax-related experience or other details. ragarding how long it runs, 15-30min for each on on average.

Interview Questions
    • ask the details about the software I used as a tax preparer   Answer Question

Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in March 2012.

HR phone interview included a few basic brain teasers. Technical phone interview had to be rescheduled because interviewer did not call. Interviewer was friendly and asked some basic optimization and programming questions.

Recruiting Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in September 2010.

I met with 3 different people for my interview. A Recruiter, Recruiting Coordinator (who was in the position before), and the Recruiting Manager. I called in for an in person interview after applying to the job online through their website. The phone conversation I had with the Recruiting Coordinator who asked me to come in was quick and to the point. I first met with the Recruiter who was very nice and helpful in discribing career advancement opportunities, and was honest in telling me I could be in this position for a few years before being promoted. The Recruiting Coordinator was next who descriped the role in even more detail and mentioned i had done this same kind of work in my pervious internship. Then last was the Recruiting Manager who asked me what I thought the position was about and completely ignored my years worth of internship experience and asked what I learned in school about and HR and orgainzation. I was kind of insulted and then learned how the position was hourly and had no benefits! It was a waste of time and would recommend someone to ask all of these questions regarding pay and benefits up front before going in for a 6 hour interview process!

Interview Questions
    • What classes did you take and what did you learn in school?   Answer Question

Declined

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citadel in November 2011.

very friendly ppl. consists of brainteasers and behavioral questions.