Citadel Investment

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citadel Investment.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview - one with HR and one with a member in the team.
Then they fly to Chicago. 4-5 rounds of interview with members of the team. Quite casual set up. But the stress of the interview can depend on the team you are interviewing with. Discussion on CV and basic maths. Machine learning is a plus.

Interview Question – The interview process was quite casual. Did not face any particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citadel Investment in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was offered a phone interview soon after I sent my resume. The first round consisted of a few questions about my background, motivation to finance field, basic programme language problems (Matlab and C++) and one brain teaser. If you get through the first round, you will get two technical phone interviews and then on-site.

Interview Question – You have two strings whose only known property is that when you light one end of either string it takes exactly one hour to burn. The rate at which the strings will burn is completely random and each string is different. How do you measure 45 minutes?   View Answer

Quantitative Researcher

I applied online and interviewed at Citadel Investment.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews. First round was pretty short, about my background and one or two classical brain teaser problems. The second round was more technical, depending on the background of the interviewer and you. For my case, it involved a lot of statistics problems in great details.

Quantitative Researcher

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Citadel Investment in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward phone interview. Most of the interview was about C++. There were some general algorithm questions, and some that had to do with handling of large data. A small part had to do with investing strategy. No questions about fit, background etc.

Interview Question – Do you know what polymorphism is?   Answer Question

Worked for Citadel Investment? Contribute to the Community!