Citadel Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Applied via the on campus recruiting system and they come to campus to interview all qualified candidates. The interview lasted one hour in total and is separated into two half-hour small parts. The first part is just about the resume question, for example questions related to research; and the second part contains some quant questions based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you estimate square root of 5?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Citadel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, they called me after 2 weeks for an interview in their offices. It was a 4 face to face technical interview session. Interviewers were very friendly and easy to get along with.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview - one with HR and one with a member in the team. Then they fly to Chicago. 4-5 rounds of interview with members of the team. Quite casual set up. But the stress of the interview can depend on the team you are interviewing with. Discussion on CV and basic maths. Machine learning is a plus.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was quite casual. Did not face any particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I was offered a phone interview soon after I sent my resume. The first round consisted of a few questions about my background, motivation to finance field, basic programme language problems (Matlab and C++) and one brain teaser. If you get through the first round, you will get two technical phone interviews and then on-site.

Interview Questions

• You have two strings whose only known property is that when you light one end of either string it takes exactly one hour to burn. The rate at which the strings will burn is completely random and each string is different. How do you measure 45 minutes?   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter on Linkedin. Citadel was hiring quantitative researchers for their new Toronto office. I had a phone interview and did not go forward. They were really looking for someone a bit more senior.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2015.

Interview

Onsite interview with five people in HK office, from 9am to 3pm, they are all kind people, and asked some technical questions, and statistic question, but mainly about the resume, especially my internship experience and research work in colledge. I think my internship experience was not very valuable to them, especially to the boss. I failed the interview, and didn't get the offer, but the office seems to be great.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round was pretty short, about my background and one or two classical brain teaser problems. The second round was more technical, depending on the background of the interviewer and you. For my case, it involved a lot of statistics problems in great details.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly straightforward phone interview. Most of the interview was about C++. There were some general algorithm questions, and some that had to do with handling of large data. A small part had to do with investing strategy. No questions about fit, background etc.