Citadel Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citadel.

2 rounds of phone interview - one with HR and one with a member in the team.
Then they fly to Chicago. 4-5 rounds of interview with members of the team. Quite casual set up. But the stress of the interview can depend on the team you are interviewing with. Discussion on CV and basic maths. Machine learning is a plus.

Interview Questions
  • The interview process was quite casual. Did not face any particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citadel

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in January 2012.

I was offered a phone interview soon after I sent my resume. The first round consisted of a few questions about my background, motivation to finance field, basic programme language problems (Matlab and C++) and one brain teaser. If you get through the first round, you will get two technical phone interviews and then on-site.

Interview Questions
    • You have two strings whose only known property is that when you light one end of either string it takes exactly one hour to burn. The rate at which the strings will burn is completely random and each string is different. How do you measure 45 minutes?   View Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citadel.

2 rounds of interviews. First round was pretty short, about my background and one or two classical brain teaser problems. The second round was more technical, depending on the background of the interviewer and you. For my case, it involved a lot of statistics problems in great details.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Citadel in February 2012.

Fairly straightforward phone interview. Most of the interview was about C++. There were some general algorithm questions, and some that had to do with handling of large data. A small part had to do with investing strategy. No questions about fit, background etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citadel? Contribute to the Community!