Citco Canada Inc.

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – Test on reconciliations and journal entries

Interview Question – Why is there inverse relationship between bond prices and yield   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Make sure to research about the company before the interview. Understand what the Citco is responsible for and what type of services they offer to their clients. Also, make sure to be knowledgeable about some of the projects the company is undertaking so that they know you are interested in what the company is doing.

Interview Question – What do fund accountants usually look at to determine whether a fund is doing well or not?   View Answer

P&L Analyst Interview

P&L Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in May 2013.

Interview Details – NO Offer

Interview Question – Pretty normal questions   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

Interviewed at Citco Canada Inc.

Interview Details – You will get a call from HR if your resume is selected.
If you pass the basic screening from the HR phone call then you move on to the interview with the managers/VP

Interview Question – Some of the so called " technical " questions in second year of university accounting classes   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fresh grad 40 k no room for negotiation. HR will give you a call if they like you.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interviewed at Citco Canada Inc.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to an agency and was contacted if I am interested in working at the comapny. The interview was set up very soon after. A couple of weeks after the interview I heard from my agency and accepted the job offer.

Interview Question – Would working overtime be a problem?   Answer Question

Trade Processor Interview

Trade Processor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was being invited for an interview for this position by a job agent. The interview consisted of a phone interview, in person interview, MS Office, IQ test, spelling test by the agent and a panel interview (2 interviewers) by the manager and supervisor of the company. Mostly they ask about general questions about your past experience, weaknesses, the company, why you want to leave your current company, what your boss says about you, and a tell me about a time question regarding attention to detail. My suggestion for the interview is to research the company and the position, let them know what this position is all about.
Also, please be prepared if you have a time gap on your work history as they might ask for some clarifications. In addition, they might ask you for your commitment in case you are hired by them.

If you are someone who like to interact with people more than working with data (i.e. this position is more to a data entry position), please make sure that you can provide a good answer as the interviewers might ask about this.

Overall, the interviewer (the manager) was very skillful in conducting or directing the interview. She may dig deep for clarification on some answers which you have provided to them so just be prepared and don't panic. Some of the questions that she was asking caught me off guard a bit, especially about the commitment question.

Interview Question – If you get hired by us, how do we know that you are not going to accept another position from a different company within 3-4 months of your employment?
There will be less interaction with people or clients in this position as most of the duties are related to data entry. How will you cope with this?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was applying for a position which I like better in a different company. Since I came close to the last stage of hiring process, I decided to walk by faith and wait for their final decision even though there is no guarantee of an offer at the moment.

Senior Investor Relations Specialist Interview

Senior Investor Relations Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc..

Interview Details – Phone, HR interview and short test, hiring manager and VP.

Interview Question – How do you organize?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Investor Relations Specialist Interview

Investor Relations Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in November 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call from a HR manager, I didnt seem to be a good fit as I was looking for more of a front office career but I was found on a job site and contacted. In the middle of the conversation the HR manager said she had to run to a meeting and said she would call me back that day. I heard nothing back. A week later a different HR rep called me saying she found my profile and contacted me (independent from the first instance). I was brought in for an interview, and it was with the Senior HR Rep from the first call and then a Manager and a VP. I had to write a draft letter to a client, and then some basic math. The interview was more of a chat, then a real interview. It seemed like they were more interested in my personality then skills. I left the interview and got a call and offer on my drive home. Interview process is easier than an eye exam (assuming you are not blind).

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted because I was in the middle of transitioning my skill set, and the finance industry was in decline and opportunities were difficult to come by.

Investor Relations Specialist Interview

Investor Relations Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Fund Accountant

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Citco Canada Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through one of my friend working there so basically employee referral

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citco Canada Inc.

Worked for Citco Canada Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citco Canada Inc. interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citco Canada Inc. employees and interview candidates.