Citco Canada

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

Investor Relations Specialist Interview

There was an initial phone interview to assess my behavioural fit with the company. This was followed by an in-person interview a couple of weeks later. Overall, it was a simple process.

Operations Analyst Interview

it is just a phone interview and nothing special. About 20 mins and all about general questions and easy to answer. like what do you know about Citco.I am waiting for the next in-person interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online, and it took 3 days. I got an phone interview first asking about why Citco, financial instruments, your plan in the next 3 years. After 3 days, I got the face to face interview. The manager mainly focused on my resume and asked me how to apply my skills and work experiences to this position.

Interview Questions
    • how do you make a contribution to this position with your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Investor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citco Canada in October 2014.

Applied through the company's website, then got a notice about an upcoming phone interview with the HR department. Phone interview went well, then was told to go for an in-person interview the following week. In-person interview went ok (I was a bit nervous as the 2 interviewers seemed rather "cool" and serious if you know what I mean), and was told that I'd get a response within 3-5 business days. It's been almost 3 weeks now and no response whatsoever. I followed up TWICE, which were both ignored.
    It's fine if I didn't get offered the position, but at least have the courtesy to reply, or even send a damn automated message, saying that I didn't get an offer? Isn't that part of the job of the HR department? This is really rude to simply ignore the applicants who didn't get the position. People actually took the time to study your company, prepare for the interview and come to it (it took me 1.5 hours to get to your office from my home, 3 hours round trip). The least you can do is have the courtesy to follow up in the communication? Shows me how little this company cares about potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe an instance where you were offered a position of leadership, but your idea was met with conflicting opinions from team members, how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citco Canada in June 2013.

Make sure to research about the company before the interview. Understand what the Citco is responsible for and what type of services they offer to their clients. Also, make sure to be knowledgeable about some of the projects the company is undertaking so that they know you are interested in what the company is doing.

Interview Questions
    • What do fund accountants usually look at to determine whether a fund is doing well or not?   View Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

You will get a call from HR if your resume is selected.
    If you pass the basic screening from the HR phone call then you move on to the interview with the managers/VP

Interview Questions
    • Some of the so called " technical " questions in second year of university accounting classes   View Answer
    Fresh grad 40 k no room for negotiation. HR will give you a call if they like you.

P&L Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citco Canada in May 2013.

NO Offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Submitted resume to an agency and was contacted if I am interested in working at the comapny. The interview was set up very soon after. A couple of weeks after the interview I heard from my agency and accepted the job offer.

Senior Investor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citco Canada.

Phone, HR interview and short test, hiring manager and VP.

None

Trade Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citco Canada in January 2013.

I was being invited for an interview for this position by a job agent. The interview consisted of a phone interview, in person interview, MS Office, IQ test, spelling test by the agent and a panel interview (2 interviewers) by the manager and supervisor of the company. Mostly they ask about general questions about your past experience, weaknesses, the company, why you want to leave your current company, what your boss says about you, and a tell me about a time question regarding attention to detail. My suggestion for the interview is to research the company and the position, let them know what this position is all about.
    Also, please be prepared if you have a time gap on your work history as they might ask for some clarifications. In addition, they might ask you for your commitment in case you are hired by them.

If you are someone who like to interact with people more than working with data (i.e. this position is more to a data entry position), please make sure that you can provide a good answer as the interviewers might ask about this.

Overall, the interviewer (the manager) was very skillful in conducting or directing the interview. She may dig deep for clarification on some answers which you have provided to them so just be prepared and don't panic. Some of the questions that she was asking caught me off guard a bit, especially about the commitment question.

Interview Questions
    • If you get hired by us, how do we know that you are not going to accept another position from a different company within 3-4 months of your employment?
      There will be less interaction with people or clients in this position as most of the duties are related to data entry. How will you cope with this?

Answer Question

I was applying for a position which I like better in a different company. Since I came close to the last stage of hiring process, I decided to walk by faith and wait for their final decision even though there is no guarantee of an offer at the moment.