Citi

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went through an employment agency, and took 3 tests(2 online and 1 in proctor's presence) prior to face-to-face-interview. Interviewed at Citi location, and was easier than many interviews I'd had prior.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to analyze results from beginning to completion.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in October, interviewed in March, was told up front that this was a long process due to department re-structuring. Interview scheduled quickly after contacting for interview, and was offered the position the following day. Interviewers were cordial and the facilities were kept in good condition.

Interview Question – No true unexpected questions as I researched Citi and some AML information prior to the interview. Questions consisted of the usual 'about you' questions and the interviewer did not expect me to have an extensive knowledge of Citi or AML. Was allowed to ask questions about the position and Citi and the interviewer was very honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, firm offer and that was that, but the offer was substantially above my current salary

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – These folks at Citi were highly organized & professional with their hiring and interview process. Everything to do with appointments ran like clockwork. The interviewers really knew the AML profession and they made you comfortable and asked succinct questions regarding the daily tasks and skills required for the AML job description. The interview was difficult in that they are extremely thorough, however, if you know your professsion and responsibilites, you should have no difficulty in the interview. Also, one should make sure to brush up on Excell as I had several questions pertaining to this application skill.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself being promoted to within Citi -- five years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were permitted. But take the salary and get your foot in the door. Once you are in Citi the opportunities are plentiful. If you are up to the AML task and you have produced a good track record at Citi you can name the position you aspire to within the Citi's organization. They respect and they reward those who care about accomplishment.

Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in August 2011.

Interview Details – My interview with Citi went really well. It was 1:1 in a very relaxed environment. The interviewer was very polite, and she just asked very straightforward questions. Questions might include "What do you know about AML?" and then the typical questions you'd generally encounter at any interview. The interviewer told me all about the job and allowed me to ask questions. All in all, it sounded like an exciting position for the right person.

Interview Question – What do you know about AML?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There was a scheduling conflict between training and a required class at my university.

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview first, the lady was really nice. Questions were simple, they just want to see if you're interested in the position. Then I got invited to their office for 2 tests, the third one was done online, quite difficult (You can practice it on TalentQ though). After that, there was another interview with the HR people. It took about 40 minutes, mainly competency questions, nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – What are the vision and scope of the position you apply for?   Answer Question

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – had a phone interview, was very friendly lady.

Florida (Uruguay)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interview with two managers. Mostly behavioral questions. Entry level position. They are more interested in your work ethic and values then they are your knowledge of AML.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!